Profile for Auriga > Reviews

Content by Auriga

Auriga (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Unisex Black Heisenberg Breaking Bad Worn Leather Look Pork Pie Ska Hat (57 cm)
Unisex Black Heisenberg Breaking Bad Worn Leather Look Pork Pie Ska Hat (57 cm)
Offered by Gift Tree Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 Sept. 2015
Great hat for the price.

Trespass Qikpac Unisex Adult Packaway Jacket - Black, Large
Trespass Qikpac Unisex Adult Packaway Jacket - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2015
Good quality and excellent value.

Solar Eclipse Glasses -Solstice Glasses x 5 pairs
Solar Eclipse Glasses -Solstice Glasses x 5 pairs
Offered by Classroom Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars These are for kids, 27 Feb. 2015
These are for kids, which isn't clear in the description. I ordered theses for colleagues in the office and they also needed to fit over spectacles. I wasted my money, annoying.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2015 8:43 PM GMT

Case Buddy TM Transparent Clear Soft TPU Gel case Cover and Screen Protector for iPhone 5S 5
Offered by CB Mobile Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 Dec. 2014
Cheap but does the job. Need to pull off occasionally as debri still gets onto the phone. Protects my gold iPhone 5S nicely. My glass protector has left smudge marks on screen but they are slowly disappearing

The Curious Troll: Tales of Landfall
The Curious Troll: Tales of Landfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sept. 2014
My young son loved this. Nice and easy to read on the Kindle too.

Blake Spick - The Time Travelling Detective: The Keys of Terran - Book One
Blake Spick - The Time Travelling Detective: The Keys of Terran - Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars My son liked it, 20 Aug. 2014
I bought this for my son who is mad on Doctor Who. He said he really enjoyed it and wants the next one. I've started to read it when I can prise the iPad off him but seems a fun read for us older kids! I am familiar with this author but think this is his first kids book. This is book one of the series.

Android: Earth Book One of the Android Saga
Android: Earth Book One of the Android Saga
by Paul J. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Android mayhem, 20 Aug. 2014
I'm a massive fan of Asimov and the robots series so was intrigued to see what this offered. The others reviews were favourable, so in the absence of a kindle edition, I ordered the paperback, which arrived within a week. Well, book one of the Android saga follows a hypothetical vision of the future, where humans (not the machines!!) are the bad guys. Think Data from Star Trek and you'll get the idea of these androids, so pretty likeable.
Now as for the cost of the book, which seems expensive, well note it's a large paperback with great cover art. It sits nicely on the bookshelf among the collection of space opera. I thought the story was superb and Eirini was such a sweet and intriguing character I want to know more. I searched for book two but can't find it. If anyone knows when it's out let me know.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Song of the Unicorn: A Tale of Landfall
Song of the Unicorn: A Tale of Landfall
by Paul J. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable fantasy action, 20 Aug. 2014
This seemed expensive for a paperback but realised it was a large paperback, so looks good on the bookshelf, with a quality cover. Goes nicely with The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and my collection of Raymond E. Feist novels. Plenty of fantasy battles and good characters. The author has come up with some new creatures which he refers to in his introduction as an attempt to avoid the usual beasts and monsters of the genre. It's good too, and I especially liked the glinphs, who could be the the protoganists in a sequel. Just to add this is not a children's book and has some quite graphic and gory scenes in places.
There's a comprehensive glossary for the main characters and additional short stories at the end of the book. I've not seen this before in a novel, but the author treats us to some short 'tales of youth' which tell us a bit more about the main characters when they were kids. The author suggests he may write more short stories and when I did a search I found 'The Curious Troll - Tales of Landfall' by the same author. However, this is aimed at young readers. I looked on the authors website and it seems he intends to write more 'Tales of Landfall' for kids but no mention of an adult novel or sequel to Song of the Unicorn.

Blood for the Living
Blood for the Living
by Kate Nevermore

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing and original, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Blood for the Living (Paperback)
Bought this for my daughter but flicked through a few pages and it got me interested. Read it in a couple of sittings over the weekend before giving to my daughter! Well written and will have you intrigued....did a search but can't find any other works by this author. I understand that Kate Nevermore is working on a new novel. I will certainly buy it for my daughter.....but i'll read it first :)

Ten
Ten
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best girl band ever!, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Ten (Audio CD)
Fantastic album. Great to listen to & fine vocals from the girls. All the hits and familiar catchy tunes that are good to sing along to and bring a smile to the face.

Page: 1 | 2