Profile for Ady Farr > Reviews

Absolute Batman Hush HC
Absolute Batman Hush HC
by Jim Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait., 2 Oct. 2012
I didn't get chance to read this story arc when it was originally published. I only recently got back into reading Batman comics in the last couple of years, as not being able to do so since I was a kid. I read that this story was an important one for development of some of my favourite characters, not only that but it was also meant to have some great artwork. My girlfriend got me this as a gift for Christmas last year. Due to the shear size of it and how interesting the story looked, I put off reading it until I could find enough time to really enjoy it for what it is. After just now putting it down, I can happily say that it did not disappoint. The story is complex and has a vast range of character cameos which is a really nice touch. The artwork is in a league of its own. It's beyond amazing. Jim Lee is by far my favourite artist. He has really made each character his own and each page is so delightful to look at. The story about Bruce Wayne's best friend Thomas Elliott is both innovative and gripping. However, I already had background knowledge of him, coming into Batman comics so late, so his story was not much of a surprise to me but I'm sure it has great impact for people who do not yet know him.

This is now my most favourite Batman comic to date and sits with high importance in my growing collection. A must read for anybody looking for a bit of a back story on Batman.

Fashion Photography 101: A Complete Course for the New Fashion Photographers
Fashion Photography 101: A Complete Course for the New Fashion Photographers
by Lara Jade

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything a new fashion photographer could want and more!, 2 Oct. 2012
I have been eager to get my hands on Lara Jade's fashion photography book since the day it was first announced. After recently receiving this in the post, I was pleased to find that it goes beyond my initial expectations. It literally talks you through every step in becoming a fashion photographer. From what equipment to have, preparation and finding inspiration; to getting work, marketing and working as a photographer.

As an extension to the value of this book and heaps of helpful information it provides, it is packed full of great images including behind the scenes photos and lighting setups, as well as plenty of Lara's best work. This book will continue to be a constant resource for learning and will help in my own personal career development. An absolute must buy for anybody wanting to make the leap into fashion photography.

I look forward to learning even more from Lara during her Creative Live workshop starting on the 22nd October 2012. I also intend to get myself onto one of her amazing workshops! Lara really is a true inspiration to the world of fashion photography.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 25 Sept. 2012
Had to request a replacement as the original was not received in the post. Once received, the item was not as described. Case does not fit the iPad 3 at all. There is no auto-sleep function. No Stylus ProPen or screen protector as advertised. Metal disk set within case, looks slightly raised so could possibly scratch the back of the iPad even if it did fit. Basically a cheap version of the actual product.