Profile for taxi-boy > Reviews

Content by taxi-boy

taxi-boy

Page: 1 | 2
VHS Video Head Cleaner (1 pack)
VHS Video Head Cleaner (1 pack)
Offered by Ukdapper
Price: 2.65

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap and rattley. not very well put together and ..., 14 Aug 2014
cheap and rattley. not very well put together and failed after only 4 uses. you get what you pay for !!!

Bill Oddie's Introduction To Birdwatching
Bill Oddie's Introduction To Birdwatching
by Bill Oddie
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Christmas Present, 16 Jan 2014
I bought this book as a present for an 11yr old, but on looking through it I wanted to keep it for myself. He was thrilled with it as it is so informative, both in print and photos. A great present which is useful and appreciated -- not discarded like many Christmas gifts, and at an exceptional on-line price.

Fingertip Pulse Oximeter and Oxygen Meter CMS50DLP with Soft Case (In black, blue, pink , white or yellow)
Offered by Kruhlstein
Price: 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars essential kit, 12 Aug 2013
Used to check my wife's sats etc and so far they compare well with the professional's kit. A really item for home-use when regular, reliable monitoring is required at reasonable cost. Very pleased to have it.

Silverline 395020 Monobloc Back Nut Tap Spanner 8/9, 9/11, 10/11, 12/13mm
Silverline 395020 Monobloc Back Nut Tap Spanner 8/9, 9/11, 10/11, 12/13mm
Price: 4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars unused but loved, 12 Aug 2013
I ordered this set to assist in the fitting of my new taps but did not need them as I could reach very easily without.
I will no doubt have further use for them as they are long-reach and ideal for awkward fittings on my Grandson's scooter, metric to replace my old imperial set and are very reasonably priced.
A must for all budding d-i-y plumbers/mechanics

Dual Lever Chrome Olympus Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap (8027a ch)
Dual Lever Chrome Olympus Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap (8027a ch)
Offered by ATORRE SHOP
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars wrong taps?, 12 Aug 2013
I received the taps very quickly and had them installed in next to no time ----- unfortunately there was a problem ! I couldn't get the taps to "balance" the water flow and the cold pressure overpowered the hot no matter how much I regulated the pressure. There was no literature when supplied and no indication of possible fixing requirements.
Having cut out the old taps I was forced to rush out to buy a replacement set from a local D.I.Y. store in order to have running water.
I explained the problem to the supplier and they replied that they only supply and do not manufacture the taps, apologised profusely and offered me a refund.
The general appearance and controls were excellent and I would have been happy to have them, but for the pressure problem.
The replacements I bought worked perfectly.

Wernets Denture Fixative Powder for Longer Holding of Insecure Dentures - Super Large 50 g
Offered by Online4Perfume
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Denture security, 9 May 2013
Having used various forms of fixative over the years I have found that Polygrip Super Wernets is far superior to any of the others, giving me comfort and confidence throughout the day. It is well priced, especially if buying through Amazon, and easy to use. I recommend this product to everyone I know that has dentures.

Driving Test Success All Tests 2012 Edition (PC)
Driving Test Success All Tests 2012 Edition (PC)
Offered by Warby 4 Games & Gifts
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars essential read, 2 May 2013
I bought this for my grandson as an aid with his driving lessons. It is very clear and precise with oodles of information. A really good buy, well worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2013 9:48 AM BST

Reflex Gents Analogue Digital Talking Black Plastic Strap Watch TALK200
Reflex Gents Analogue Digital Talking Black Plastic Strap Watch TALK200

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift, 2 May 2013
This product was bought as a gift for my autistic grand-daughter who was having problems with telling the time. It works perfectly and she is coming on in leaps and bounds. A great product.

StarTech.com USB Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 Upgrade
StarTech.com USB Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 Upgrade
Offered by mopodo-uk
Price: 14.41

5.0 out of 5 stars necessary item, 2 May 2013
I needed to transfer data to my new laptop and this cable did the job with no fuss or delay. Well worth the money and useful for future upgrades.

Nowhere Boy [DVD]
Nowhere Boy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristin Scott Thomas
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatles interest, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Boy [DVD] (DVD)
A sad and provocative story, bringing home the background to John's later attitudes to life. Great value for money and worth a watch for anyone who is in or has been in a similar situation.

Page: 1 | 2