Profile for Callm > Reviews

Content by Callm

Callm "Reader with a mission" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars All channels viewable at last!, 18 July 2014
An excellent indoor arial this really does work. It makes viewing all channels on our corner-of-the-kitchen TV possible.

The Crocodile by the Door: The Story of a House, a Farm and a Family
The Crocodile by the Door: The Story of a House, a Farm and a Family
by Selina Guinness
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 3 May 2014
The story of life in Ireland and the struggle to make living in a big house viable. Funny, frustrating and true! A really good read for those who know and have some understanding of the Irish and their ways.

RHS What Plant Where Encyclopedia
RHS What Plant Where Encyclopedia
by Dk
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars For the inquisitive plant grower, 3 May 2014
A perfect reference book for all amateur gardeners. It's easy to know what you like but less easy to know where you should plant it. This book gives the answers.

BT 4000 Cordless Big Button Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker (Pack of 2)
BT 4000 Cordless Big Button Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker (Pack of 2)
Price: 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoped this was going to be my salvation, 3 May 2014
I really hoped that this was going to be the perfect phone for someone with my hearing problems. Sadly it's not but, at the moment, I haven't found anything better. For some hard of hearing people I'm sure it is perfect but with or without a hearing aid in, for me there is still distortion or inaudibility. But it is to expensive, so I could say it is good for the price paid.

Police: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 8) (Harry Hole 10)
Police: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 8) (Harry Hole 10)
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good Harry Hole drama, 3 May 2014
Nasty murders, devious characters, tense drama - if you don't like unpleasant, give this a miss, but once you've started it you won't want to put it down and don't expect the ending to be peaceful or satisfactory. But if and when there's another harry Hole drama, you'll want to pick that up and read it too! Highly recommended for those who like this sort of book.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my sort of book, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I'm sure there are plenty of people around who will love this book but I didn't. Unattractive characters and an over complicated story line. Not for me!

Eat: The Little Book of Fast Food (Cloth-covered, flexible binding)
Eat: The Little Book of Fast Food (Cloth-covered, flexible binding)
by Nigel Slater
Price: 11.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame!, 27 April 2014
A very disappointing book. My favourite cookery writer has decided to go all modern. I have his '30 Minute Cook', 'Real Food Fast' 'Real Fast Puddings' and 'The Kitchen Diaries' on my most used cookery bookshelf, sadly this one won't be going there. I love the simplicity of his fast food recipes but this book simply does not match up. The recipes are far more pretentious with ingredients not so easy to get hold of. What a shame!

HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages
HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages
Offered by Crown Stationery
Price: 18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars What recommend a cartridge, 27 April 2014
An ink cartridge is an ink cartridge! Having once had a bad experience with recycled cartridges I had sworn that in future I will only by the real McCoy! I have an HP computer, so HP cartridges I will only use. Thank goodness for Amazon who sell them at a reasonable price.

GENUINE VORWERK Kobosan Active 2.5KG (5 x 500g)
GENUINE VORWERK Kobosan Active 2.5KG (5 x 500g)
Offered by Vorwerk Direct UK
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 15 Mar 2014
Cleaned my carpet a treat! Bought the machine that uses this product nearly twenty years ago; it still works like a dream!

GENUINE VORWERK Vacuum Cleaner Filter Bags, For models VK118 to VK122
GENUINE VORWERK Vacuum Cleaner Filter Bags, For models VK118 to VK122
Offered by Vorwerk Direct UK
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, just what I needed., 15 Mar 2014
The last time I got bags for my ancient for week vacuum cleaner, they were cheaper copies which did not fit quite so well. The real thing,for a couple of quid more is much better.

Page: 1 | 2