Profile for D. J. Constable > Reviews

Content by D. J. Constable

D. J. Constable (sussex uk)

Page: 1 | 2
JFK: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
JFK: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it wasn't "various artists" ., 12 Jan 2014
I've always loved the John Williams score for JFK and wish I had bought it many years ago on cd. With the recent anniversary of the assassination I was reminded of the music and so decided to download the mp3 version. Now don't get me wrong, I still love Williams' work but a large part of this album is tracks by other artists and so I found it a slightly disappointing album to listen to, and will probably only ever listen to the John Williams parts.

Maru Swimwear A3837 Pulse Swim Goggle - Gold
Maru Swimwear A3837 Pulse Swim Goggle - Gold
Offered by notonlybowls
Price: 12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money goggles, 1 Oct 2013
I bought these as a replacement for a similar pair which my daughter has worn out, so I knew that there wouldn't be any problems adjusting them to size. They are well made for the price, fit her well and are comfortable. They also look very cool, perfect for an aspiring olympian! One word of warning though, they are tinted very dark red and so are only good for use in good lighting conditions!

Star Trek Into Darkness - Limited Edition Steelbook (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray + Digital Copy] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Offered by joe4books
Price: 29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars blu-ray disappointment, 26 Sep 2013
Just to be clear from the start; I love this film. I've been a fan of Star Trek since the original series came to the UK in the late sixties and greatly enjoyed the recent JJ Abrams reboot and this its sequel. I was very much looking forward to the Blu-ray release as I assumed that it would be similar in format to the previous film.
What a disappointment! The actual film looks great and I enjoyed it in 2D at home much more than the eye straining 3D version I saw at the cinema. However, there is a distinct lack of special features, just a handful of behind the scenes shorts -no trailers, no deleted scenes, and, worst of all, no commentary. As for the Digital Copy, what you actually get is a code for a download from Itunes. This does give you access to the excellent commentary, but you can only watch it on your computer etc. and not on your tv. This should have been on the blu-ray disc.
So only 3 stars for this release, even though I would give the film itself 5 stars! Once again, we miss out on the best features on a UK release.

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL - Blue Limited Edition with Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, brilliant,brilliant!, 28 April 2013
Every body stop complaining about the lack of a mains charger! It is well publicised by now so get over it! Just order one at the same time as buying the console ok?
Rant over, now for the review. This is a gorgeous console and includes the latest version of the classic game Fire Emblem. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has played and enjoyed any of the previous games in the series.

Power switch for DS Lite Nintendo DSL NDSL
Power switch for DS Lite Nintendo DSL NDSL
Offered by ECFACTOP
Price: 1.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners!, 28 April 2013
This switch is definitely not for anybody. You need a degree of proficiency with a soldering iron and a lot of study on how to take apart games consoles. If this is you then the switch does a good job and my old ds lite now works perfectly. If not then you could end up with a ruined console!

Nintendo Screwdriver Set for Wii, DS Lite, Wiimote, etc.
Nintendo Screwdriver Set for Wii, DS Lite, Wiimote, etc.
Offered by SortedBits
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The right tool for the job., 21 April 2013
Having decided to replace the dvd drive on my Wii I chose this set of drivers and would rate them as much better quality than other cheaper triwing drivers available. They helped me do a good job on the Wii and I will also need them when I sort out my broken ds lite.
This set came with a cleaning cloth(not sure why!) and a handy bag of assorted screws which could well come in useful in the future.
Overall a well made, good quality item.

New - Nintendo Wii DVD Drive D32 D4 (D3-2 D2A D2B D2C D2E DMS) + PCB + 2x Screwdriver Toolkit
Offered by ConsoleParts4U
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This saved my Wii!, 21 April 2013
I've had my Wii ever since it's first release and never had any problems, so you can imagine how surprised I was when, after a lot of recent Super Smash Bros sessions, it suddenly refused to read any discs. I tried cleaning kits but to no avail. I even considered buying another Wii. Then I looked on Youtube where there are a lot of videos showing how to do your own repairs.
The new drive was delivered very promptly and was so easy to install it practically fitted itself. The screwdrivers supplied are of cheap quality and I chose to buy a better quality set although they would probably have done the job.
All in all a real console saver and an easy way for Dad to be a hero to the kids!

5 Star Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminium Trim W900xH600mm
5 Star Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminium Trim W900xH600mm
Offered by Ideal Office Supplies Ltd
Price: 17.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 21 April 2013
My wife and I have been looking for a magnetic noticeboard for our son for ages and a friend of ours said that they bought one from Amazon. I din't know why I hadn't thought of it before. So, you can imagine how pleased we were to find this brilliant board, exactly the size we needed and at a fantastic bargain price! The board was delivered incredibly quickly and is very well made. It was very easy to hang on a couple of picture hooks and my son is delighted with it.
As a bonus it even comes with 3 drywipe marker pens. Couldn't be better!

ASICS Men's Gel Blackhawk 5 White/Snow/Blue Trainer T1F4N 0100 11.5 UK
ASICS Men's Gel Blackhawk 5 White/Snow/Blue Trainer T1F4N 0100 11.5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value trainer., 11 Nov 2012
I bought these trainers as I wanted to take up running as a hobby and to improve my fitness and I have to say these are a real bargain. They are quite basic but fit snugly and comfortably and give enough cushioning for the 5k parkrun I go on when I can. After reading other reviews I ordered half a size bigger than usual and they fit like a glove! Certainly if I had gone for my usual size they would have been too narrow.
I don't know how long they will last as they are very light-weight and they don't give any grip in wet conditions, but they are certainly excellent trainers for a first time runner like me!

Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black
Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black
Price: 70.65

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect personal dab, 20 May 2012
I find it strange that there are mixed reviews of this product. I think that this is a brilliant piece of kit. The dab reception is astounding, better than my wife's Pure One radio. I can use this anywhere, even plugged into the car stereo, and have had no issues at all, even though I prefer to use my own sennheiser headphones.
As for ease of use, this radio is so easy and intuitive to use it quickly becomes second nature and you can use it without having to think about what you are doing. Admittedly you do need to look at the display, so if you have any problems with sight then this is not for you.
Finally, battery life is good. I listen all day at work and find average life is about 12 to 14 hours per charge, easily enough to get through the day.
All in all, then, a brilliant little device, well made and designed, amazing clear reception no matter how much you move around and, best of all, lovely clear digital sound. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 9:08 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2