Profile for Becky Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Becky Griffiths

Becky Griffiths "Becky29forever" (Newcastle, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dear Zoo
Dear Zoo
by Rod Campbell
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant lift the flap entertainment, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Dear Zoo (Board book)
Very popular book with my 14 month old son. He loves lift the flap books and has returned to this book again and again. I even have two copies - one upstairs and one downstairs after I received a second copy as a gift! The story is about writing to the zoo for a pet and all the various animals they sent before the perfect one arrived. Each animal is hidden behind a flap. The other good thing about this book is that there isn't too much writing to read before he flips the page onto the next animal!!
A definite hit - would be a lovely gift.

Amscan Favor Bulk Giggle Sticks Multi Party Accessory
Amscan Favor Bulk Giggle Sticks Multi Party Accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for small children too!, 21 July 2014
I bought this for my 14 month old son after we went to a Jo Jingles class and he loved the stick so much he was reluctant to hand it back. I now keep this stick in my bag so when we are out and about and he gets bored he can play with this stick and it makes a funny noise.
For those of us old enough to remember the cow in the tin when you turn this stick end to end it makes that sort of noise. For a more "giggle" effect shake it up and down.
Yes the advisory is not to give under 3 years old but if you are supervising your child I wouldn't let that guidance stop you from buying this product.

Melissa & Doug Bug Tunnel
Melissa & Doug Bug Tunnel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bright tunnel!, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Bug Tunnel (Toy)
Fab play tunnel. It folds back into the circle flat shape when playing is over with by tying three areas of velcro ties. The caterpillar head is at either end and the eye section is see through so you can see whats happening inside when the door is closed. Bought for my 14 month old son and he absolutely loves crawling back and forth through the tunnel. The cat also likes to "hide" in there... but not for long! Would definitely recommend this product as he has had hours of fun with it.

World's Best Nanny - Natural Cotton Shoulder Bag - Grandparent's Day Gift
World's Best Nanny - Natural Cotton Shoulder Bag - Grandparent's Day Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute bag!, 21 July 2014
I bought this for a new grandma and she was thrilled with it. It wouldn't carry a huge amount of shopping but it is more the thought behind the gift that matters.

Parents Monkey Fun Photo Adventure
Parents Monkey Fun Photo Adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Great baby photo album, 19 Jun 2014
I bought this book for my adopted son so that he could see the people in the family he was joining - and thought it more appropriate for his age than the proper book we did. It only has four slots for photos and the first two are separated by a small leaf shape which says "my friends" - we put our pets' photo here and a photo of the teddy bear which was our gift to him. "My family" appears on a small leaf and has two pages - the last page is a small circular mirror with "me" above it.

I knocked off one star because the mirror isn't very good. That being said, I feel the book has helped my son enormously and he still looks at it. The pages are nice and soft and the photos just slot in plastic wallets of 6x4 (ish) shape.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching, heartbreaking thought-provoking, a very good read, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
This was not the usual type of book I read. I generally like a light happy ever after book but I wanted to see what the rave reviews were about. It's a story about Will, a strong high-flying, dare-devil whose life changes dramatically following an accident. Will wants to end his life and his parents want him to live. Lou is a warm funny girl employed to care for him unknowing of Will's wishes....
I know that I will keep this story in my heart. I have cried tears that I couldn't stop for the last few chapters of this book, my heart breaking along with Lou. I had a pain in my chest in a way I didn't think a book could create. If you are reading this thinking it's a depressing story, think again. It is strangely uplifting and funny and I will genuinely miss these two characters. Bravo JoJo, I am impressed.

An Adoption Diary
An Adoption Diary
by Maria James

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching story, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: An Adoption Diary (Paperback)
I bought this book on the cusp of beginning the adoption process wanting to learn from someone who had experienced things first hand, rather than the other more text book style books I have read. What an emotional roller-coaster of a journey this couple had but so very worthwhile in the end. There were a number of times when I found myself nodding in agreement with the author and so many times when this book moved me to tears. A great book, easy to read and I managed it in a few hours.

DKNY PJ Set Women's Pyjamas GREY HEART X-Large
DKNY PJ Set Women's Pyjamas GREY HEART X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic pjs, so comfy, 16 Nov 2012
These pjs are both stylish and comfy. They are soft lovely pjs, suitable to be seen in and comfortable to lounge in. Would make a fabulous present.

Simply The Best 40 Year Old Socks
Simply The Best 40 Year Old Socks
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice socks shame about the size, 16 Nov 2012
I bought these for a jokey 40th present for my husband. He cannot get his foot into them because the elastic is too tight. If you are looking for mens socks for a man with big feet then perhaps look elsewhere. It is such a shame as they are lovely.

Blue Check Flannel PJs to fit Build a Bear / Bear Factory
Blue Check Flannel PJs to fit Build a Bear / Bear Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely pjs for bear factory bear, 14 Jan 2012
I bought these for my godson who has a bear factory monkey. They fit nicely and he was really pleased with them - a nice idea for a gift for a child with one of these bears/toys because you don't often think of pjs & when my godson got his monkey the first thing he said when he got him home was "oh he doesn't have pjs", so he was very pleased when Santa brought them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3