Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Laura Watson > Reviews

Content by Laura Watson

Laura Watson

The ECG Workbook 3/ed (3rd Edition)
The ECG Workbook 3/ed (3rd Edition)
by Angela Rowlands

4.0 out of 5 stars which gave me enough understanding to start looking at ECGs on the wards and get a good handle on them, 19 Jun. 2016
Relatively expensive for the size of the book and probably not advanced enough for medical school finals, but as a medical student who was really struggling with ECGs (not helped by the fact that I didn't know what it was that I didn't understand so couldn't do much to fix it), I worked through this book on the first week of my cardio firm, which gave me enough understanding to start looking at ECGs on the wards and get a good handle on them. With a bit of extra teaching on my cardio firm, I'm now really confident with ECG interpretation. Definitely worth a buy if you're really struggling and need to gain a good grip of the basics to develop your ECG skills.

Medical School Interviews All You Need to Know the Knowledge
Medical School Interviews All You Need to Know the Knowledge
by Dr. Mona Kooner

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, simple and concise., 10 Dec. 2014
I've rediscovered this book on amazon because I'm reccommending it to a family friend and coudn't remember the full name of the book and felt I should write a review 3 years after purchasing it because I found it so useful when I was applying!

I was really surprised by the 1 star review, I honestly thought this book was brilliant. I had four interviews and got four offers for medicine, and I put a lot of it down to this book. The section explaining the NHS structure is really good, it explains a complicated system in laymans terms. I got asked about the NHS structure at my BSMS interiew and I didn't really understand any of the NHS reforms fully before I read this book and then felt confident enough to defend my position on the NHS in my interview. This book doesn't go into loads of detail on anything, but just enough that you have a rough grasp of all the main topics so you can't really be thrown by anything. The ethics section is also very good and concise. I got given an ethics scenario in all four of my interviews, and approached all of them by assessing the situation in turn from each of the four principles of medical ethics, the approach reccomended in this book. It helped to structure my answer and help me maintain a coherent line of arguement.

No, you're not going to find some miracle answer to a question that will blow the iterviewers socks off, but it gives a brief overview of all the main areas that medschools are interested in. It's not fancy and is quite short (which is actually good, because I never had any time to read a dense book on interviews) but is honestly worth the money. I recommended the book to my friend in the year below when she was applying to medicine and she agreed that it was brilliant (she also got an offer). Honestly an invaluable book for interviews.

Mi-Pack Blue Floral Rose Rucksack
Mi-Pack Blue Floral Rose Rucksack
Offered by Get inline Skate Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars The bag looks great, (its difficult to get a rucksack that looks ..., 16 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Mi-Pac Custom Rucksack (Apparel)
The bag looks great, (its difficult to get a rucksack that looks feminine) but after a little use (maybe two weeks or so) the straps started to break. I've sewed them back on and hopefully it will hold for a little while longer because I really love the bag! Slightly disappointed with the quality though because I don't put much in my bag, (just some notes and my netbook) so there really wasn't much strain on the straps and they began to break anyway.

The Three Musketeers (Young Reading Series 3)
The Three Musketeers (Young Reading Series 3)
by Rebecca Levene

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an 8 year old!, 16 Sept. 2014
I got this for my 8 year old brother who is a good reader but can never sit still long enough to read a book! The difficulty was pitched well for his age and it wasn't too long so he was able to read it quickly whilst his interest held. Great little book if your trying to ease your child into literature!

Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards: with Online Student Consult Access, 3e (Netter Basic Science)
by John T. Hansen PhD
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for first year medical students!, 12 Mar. 2014
I'm a first year medic and these cards are fantastic! Lots of people in my year had them and I was reluctant to buy them because I normally write out notes etc and don't use flash cards. However, I soon learnt that anatomy isn't something you can write notes for; you really need a visual stimulus. These are perfect. The diagrams are fantastic and everything is clearly labelled. It is in the perfect amount of detail for what I am doing at the moment. They easily fit in my bag and are easy to take out and flip through on the train in the morning since they come with a handy ring to keep them on. They are well worth the money and a great investment... they will be invaluable for when finals come around!!! I would recommend these to any med student, I only wish I got them sooner!