Profile for The Knitting Fairy > Reviews

The Knitting Fairy (UK)

Nite Ize STDM-11-R7 Steelie Dash Ball
Nite Ize STDM-11-R7 Steelie Dash Ball
Offered by invise-north-america

3.0 out of 5 stars Note the kit doesn't contain 1 dash ball, 1 ..., 17 Jun. 2015
Note the kit doesn't contain 1 dash ball, 1 primer pen and 1 cleaning pad, as listed, it just has the dash ball. I also didn't realise you have to buy the mount for the phone separately, but that's my misunderstanding.

SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
Offered by Pets Go Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars and has been brilliant in the 2 weeks it's been in place, 31 Dec. 2014
We bought this because all the neighbourhood cats were coming in our house, eating our cat's food, sleeping on our bed, and weeing everywhere. They were consuming around £20 worth of food a month at ours, so we knew this would pay for itself quickly if it worked.

Despite the tricky fitting, as our cat flap goes through a wall, this was super-easy to install, and has been brilliant in the 2 weeks it's been in place. Our cat took a day to get used to it, because he's huge, and not very bright, but was soon coming in and out. We've set one of the custom modes, so it doesn't lock until 10 seconds after it's been activated, to allow him time to get in, as he likes to loiter in the tunnel. The best bit, as another reviewer pointed out, is to see the furious little faces pressed up against the other side of the door, of the cats who can't get in any more.

5mm 36pc Letter & Number Stamp Set Metal Stamps TE102
5mm 36pc Letter & Number Stamp Set Metal Stamps TE102

3.0 out of 5 stars The stamps are great, and arrived really quickly, 13 Dec. 2014
The stamps are great, and arrived really quickly, but the box is rubbish. One of the hinges broke whilst I was opening it for the first time, and when I looked closely, they're made of the thinnest bendy metal. Still, I didn't buy the item for the box.

Embroideries
Embroideries

1.0 out of 5 stars Next to useless on a Kindle, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Embroideries (Kindle Edition)
This is simply too small to read on a kindle, and can't be made bigger. I'm a fan of Satrapi, so I'm sure it's probably a ripping read, just not as an eBook on a small screen. Disappointing.

HotRox Electronic Hand Warmer
HotRox Electronic Hand Warmer
Offered by Shop4World

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and don't work, 28 Dec. 2013
My mum bought my husband and myself two each for Christmas, and it looks like she's wasted her money.
Two of them work ok, although as other people have said, they only get warm on one side, and only stay warm for an hour or two. Of the others, one worked ok for about half an hour, then stopped giving out heat. The other one doesn't work at all. I wouldn't recommend these at all - I'm going back to my old charcoal hand warmer.

Fly London Women's Pank Leather Black Casual Loafers P500375015 6 UK
Fly London Women's Pank Leather Black Casual Loafers P500375015 6 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird fit!, 25 April 2013
I'm a big fan of Fly and have quite a few pairs. These, however, are not so good. The toes are more pointy than I expected, making my feet look really big. The ankle strap is really long, so when I fasten them, there's a long loose strip that doesn't look great. The shoes don't feel secure when I'm walking and flap around a bit on my feet. Because of the bad weather, I've left too long between buying and really trying them out, so I won't be returning them, but probably won't be wearing them either.

Lake Como & Its Surroundings (Travel Adventures)
Lake Como & Its Surroundings (Travel Adventures)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor kindle edition, 9 Jan. 2013
There doesn't seem to be any index or anything to this book to enable you to find your way around. Headings of sections are rarely bolded, or anything to set them apart from the main body of the text, so as a quick reference guide it's useless. It's ok to give you a flavour of the place before you leave home, but not very detailed, and impossible to navigate. Expensive for such a short book.

Hard Candy Cases Bubble Slider Soft Touch Case for Apple iPhone 4, White, (BS4G-SFT-WHI)
Offered by Hard Candy Cases

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, I just should have read the description better, 11 Jan. 2012
This is a nice case, clean design, but I failed to read the 'AT&T only' part of the title, and it doesn't fit a standard UK iPhone 4S properly, as it obscures the mute button. My bad.

Two Clots in a Camper
Two Clots in a Camper
by Steve Coppard

1.0 out of 5 stars Turgid, 27 July 2006
This review is from: Two Clots in a Camper (Paperback)
Whoever told Steve Coppard he could write did the world a disservice. This book details a series of non-events on the travels of a pretty dull couple in a style which is irritatingly 'chatty' and utterly unimaginative, and has a nasty undercurrent of patronising racial stereotypes. Maybe if they hadn't spent so much time drinking, they could have noted some more interesting details of the places they visited. If you met these people on holiday, you'd hide in your tent.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 7:54 PM GMT