Profile for BoB > Reviews

Content by BoB

BoB

Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Offered by Evrithingfortoday

5.0 out of 5 stars fills the phone to laptop gap, its so portable and easy to use., 6 Jan 2013
I wanted a light portable device that I could use anywhere. This device is a superb little performer no need to pay more. It connects to the internet no problem with smooth quick surfing - U tube videos load easily and the picture quality is excellent on the screen. You need to be clear what you are going to use such a device for. Me I wanted a light device I could carry easily on holidays , planes and trains. I wanted to watch my films and view my photos and listen to my music while doing so. Such a versatile relaxing device. It does them all with ease and the touch screen is a gem. I chose a case rather than a screen cover. I had 2 minor issues easily overcome. It would not let me load a security app - it was set to only accept apps from Google - after some time searching this can be switched off under settings. Secondly I could not download and watch my HD videos from my camera and camcorder, the tablet only allows a few common video formats. I tried downloading some apps and doing the file conversion on the tablet but the quality was greatly diminished when I watched them back. I got a much better result loading free SW onto my laptop.Then converting the files on my laptop and loading the converted files onto a micro SD card.They were much better quality.The ability to use the micro SD card as a flash drive clearly gives this device a competitive edge over those with a fixed amount of storage. I love the virtual keyboard but on some websites when typing you can not see what you are inputting until you close the keyboard. Very impressed this is a high quality device from Samsung - as I was with my S2 phone - no wonder apple are worried.

Panasonic V700 Full HD 1920 x 1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (1MOS Sensor, 46x Intelligent Zoom, SD Card Recording, 28mm Wide Angle with Face Recognition) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a camcorder at a reasonable price, 6 Jan 2013
I like many people spent several weeks researching which camcorder would best suit my holiday needs. I was looking in the £300-500 range.I wanted proper full HD quality and I was blown away how crisp and clear the quality is when playing back through a PC or my 50" TV. Where this camera excel's is the image stabilisation.I sat filming on the back of a moving motor bike and the images were crystal clear. My son has a Sony camcorder and this V700 was better sat on a moving motor bike. The zoom takes a bit of getting used to as it is that quick. If i was to get picky the audio was not quite as clear as the Sony. The HD picture quality and image stabilisation are the business for the price of £329 after cash back. I am very satisfied with my purchase strongly recommended.

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S2 goes to Bali and Bangkok, 24 July 2012
I spent some time cosidering which phone to upgrade my HTC Wildfire S from and the S2 for @£330 on Amazon was real value for money.
I did not want to carry 3 devices - phone,camera and cam corder as on previous trips.I wanted a decent phone with the emphasis on the camera and video to take on holiday and record the trip.
Very easy to set up and configure although does not come set with APN settings to use MMS and attach Photos to SMS records.
This is an excellent phone - call quality crystal clear from UK - much improved over my HTC - no probs in Bali or Bangkok.
Large screen is easy to read without glasses - very easy for SMS and calculator and language translators abroad.
Its light and easily fits in your pocket.Its very quick and easy to interface with apps and my PC streets ahead of my old HTC.
Screen was hard to see in bright sunlight even with maximum brightness - but so would all other devices.
I took 200+ photos on holiday - some are slightly blurred or bit dark - some looked bright on the phone but ok when loaded on my PC and I put this down to not having a dedicated camera button but on having to push the screen and sometimes move the camera.
I took many videos in all conditions in low light and it even worked with the flashlight on inside a nightclub - the videos are very good outside in good light and those taken inside are good but when compared with HD dedicated Sony Cam they do fall short on quality - but you have it with you all the time so you can capture all the fun moments.Battery life varies depending on what I am doing but it lasted all day on a full charge no matter what I did - got upto 3 days if just light useage with phone and sms and some photos. All the other bits work fine - music is same as any other decent phone these days. Yes it super slick accessing the internet but I mainly use a laptop for that.It did a great job - the lasting impression is on the screen size and quality - and you always have it with you unlike a dedicated camera or cam corder.