Profile for Kevin Hutchinson > Reviews

Content by Kevin Hutchinson

Kevin Hutchinson (Puerto Escondido, Mexico)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Draper 14125 8-Piece Metric Hexagon Key Set
Draper 14125 8-Piece Metric Hexagon Key Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality - brand name tools, 9 Dec 2013
These are good quality and worked well for me as I was trying to fix some hi-fi equipment. I'd definitely recommend them for odd jobs around the house and garage.

Ronhill Vizion Beanie Running Hat/Glove Set - Black/Fluorescent Yellow, Medium/Large
Offered by Millet Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-lightweight, very warm, easy to store in a pocket, 9 Dec 2013
I used the beanie and gloves at the start of the 2013 Seattle marathon while I was still warming up. They really helped. Then when I was warm, they slipped easily into my pocket. They're very compact and lightweight and surprisingly warm. I'd definitely recommend them for runs on cold days.

Mens 2 PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock 1 Black & 1 White
Mens 2 PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock 1 Black & 1 White
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Ran the Seattle marathon in these - no blisters!, 9 Dec 2013
This is the first marathon I've run without suffering at least one blister. The shoes I used were new - I'd taken then out for a 5 mile test run a couple of days earlier - and I have to say these socks performed brilliantly. They didn't slip around like my Nike socks sometimes do, nor did they get too wet. They gave me just the right amount of support, and I like how they rise to cover the "bump" of the ankle, but no higher. That's how I like my socks - too low and they can sometimes slip down and cause my foot to rub against the "lip" of the shoe heel. I would 100% recommend these socks for any runner, any distance. Excellent.

More Mile Proformance Seamless Running Boxer MM1355 (Medium)
More Mile Proformance Seamless Running Boxer MM1355 (Medium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and stretchy, but a little tight on the thighs, 20 Oct 2013
I wore these shorts for a quick 2 mile run to try them out and found them to be comfy but a little tight on the thighs - but not enough to leave a mark or cause any pain. I'm going to wear them for a half marathon next weekend and will update this review if my opinion changes from 4 stars. I'm a 32" waist with skinny-ish legs, and I'd recommend medium size for someone with similar legs, but if you've got larger thighs then you'd do well to buy the large size or look for an alternative product because the legs might feel too tight for you.

Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - Black/Silver
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - Black/Silver
Offered by Capital Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Small (for a GPS watch), simple and works well, 12 Oct 2013
I'm really happy with this watch. It doesn't connect to a heart rate monitor strap, or a footpod, but that's fine by me because it means the watch is a very comfortable size to wear anytime - not just for runs. I chose the black/silver watch because I'm a guy with small wrists, but if you have larger wrists you might want to go for the black/red or orange watch options because they're both a slightly larger size. I wasn't aware of this when I ordered the watch but luckily I chose the right size just by chance.

The setup process is super-simple. The user manual is very short - you can get it from [...] online. I was very impressed at how quickly the watch connected to satellites. It took about 20 seconds from our house in Sheffield. You get to choose the info that's displayed on 2 pages where each page has a top and bottom number. I chose pace and distance for page 1, and time and distance for page 2. It's easy to switch between the 2 pages while running (although it's not instantaneous, as some other reviews have noted). The info is simple and useful - I try to keep my pace faster than 9 minutes per mile.

After the run, connecting to the Garmin Connect website was a breeze (using my Macbook Air). I was really impressed by all the information it showed about my run - including pace per mile, a map of the run, elevation chart, and even the weather). Garmin Connect is free.

To summarize, this is a really great GPS running watch choice, unless you feel you want to measure your heart rate too.

Casio Unisex Sport Runner's Watch STR-300C-1VER
Casio Unisex Sport Runner's Watch STR-300C-1VER

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, lightweight, simple, good lap memory - but hard to press the stopwatch buttons, 30 Aug 2013
I bought this watch because I wanted a simple lightweight watch to run with (I don't use GPS, step sensors, heart rate monitors, all that jazz). This watch ticks all the boxes except one - the buttons for start/stop and lap/reset are flat against the face of the watch and are hard to push - especially when you're a bit sweaty from running. This is a real shame because the watch is really great in all other regards.

After reading other reviews, I was worried I might get a different colour than ordered, but the watch that arrived was exactly as pictured on the webpage. I'm 85% happy with it. Now if only I can make those buttons easier to press when I'm out running...

RINGKE FUSION® Google Nexus 4 [BLACK] The Best Selling Shock Absorption Bumper + Anti Scratch Clear Back Panel Premium Hybrid Hard Case [Eco/DIY Package]
Offered by Rearth UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent case - wish I'd bought it sooner, 22 Aug 2013
I cracked the glass on the back on my Nexus 4, then looked for a hard case to protect it. This is the case I chose after looking at Youtube videos about various options. I'm really happy with this choice for a number of reasons:

Back protector: The clear plastic back is hard, so I'm very unlikely to accidentally crack the glass on the back of my Nexus 4 again. There are 2 gaps - one for the camera and flash, and the other for the speaker. Because the case has tiny nodules on its 4 back corners, you can actually hear the phone speaker really well.

Slippiness: It's not "grippy rubberized plastic" but it does grip fine - better than a naked Nexus 4 anyhow. The clear back plastic is less slippy than the glass on a Nexus 4, so generally you're way less likely to drop your Nexus 4 when it's in the case.

Buttons: One hassle with the Nexus 4 is that the buttons are sometimes hard to feel. This case makes it way easier to feel the buttons, and the button action is good and has a quality feel (both the volume rocker and the on-off switch).

Headphone jack: There's a nice gap around the headphone jack hole so you'll have no trouble plugging in your favourite headphones. I've tried with the Nexus 4 headphones and my favorite AKG phones too.

Front swipe action: The case does lip up very slightly around the edge of the phone face, but this doesn't prevent you from swiping left or right - e.g. to swipe the camera screen without unlocking.

Appearance: Finally, it looks really really good - you can still see the cool "iridescent" glass effect on the back of the Nexus 4, and the black sides of the case look like part of the phone.

PREMIUM T5 TORX 5 HEAD MAGNETIC TIP SCREWDRIVER FOR BLACKBERRY MOBILE PHONE TOOL
Offered by EBIZWORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the job done. Perfect., 22 Aug 2013
I had to replace a broken back panel on my Nexus 4. The original screwdrivers I bought weren't the right size. This was absolutely perfect - and the magnetic tip really helped keep my tiny screws from getting lost. Absolutely great value at £2.

Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV42 Camera Bag
Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV42 Camera Bag
Offered by AbbeyShake

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but smaller than it appears, 15 Aug 2013
Be sure to check your camera's dimensions before buying this bag. My new Panasonic Lumix LZ20 Camera only just fits, and only when placed lens-down. The bag is good quality, but just a little smaller than it may appear.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 6.5 Feet / 2.0 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Newest Standard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, good quality, works great, 15 Aug 2013
Using this HDMI cable to connect an AppleTV to the house LG HD TV. No surprises. It's just plug-and-play. All good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5