Profile for Mrs P > Reviews

3 Tier Pink Acrylic Droplet Chrome Ceiling Light Shade Easy Fit Pendant
3 Tier Pink Acrylic Droplet Chrome Ceiling Light Shade Easy Fit Pendant
Offered by Ur Choice

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of bling!, 22 Nov. 2012
I bought this for my daughter's bedroom. To be honest, if you look up close, the acrylic 'crystals' are a little surface scratched and cheap ish looking but the overall effect is great. My daughter absolutely loves it & points it out to all family and friends - who've also commented positively on it. The light fitting is very simple to put in place, took me a matter of seconds. Delivery time was average but product was very well packaged. Overall, a good but. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a bit of bling to light up their lives!

Dance Party 2010
Dance Party 2010
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Dance Party 2010 (Audio CD)
Bought after purchasing Pop Party 9. Great to have both cd and dvd for such a good price. Both my son (6) and daughter (4) love dancing along to this. Having said that, a little caution needed for some of the dvd vids which are perhaps a little too risque for younger children - or maybe I'm just getting old!

Kids Party Hits
Kids Party Hits
Offered by RareGroove

3.0 out of 5 stars Pre-schoolers party, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Kids Party Hits (Audio CD)
The cd is ok for younger children and contains a selection of cheesy party covers which will get them up and dancing. If they're into chart music though this probably wouldn't keep them happy.

5" Black Disco Ball Light.
5" Black Disco Ball Light.
Offered by One Click Wonder

4.0 out of 5 stars Disco dancing, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: 5" Black Disco Ball Light.
Bought this for our daughter's 4th birthday as she loves dancing and disco lights. Was surprised at how quiet it is as other reviews mentioned a noise when it revolves. Barely noticeable. The lights are perfect for use in her bedroom and she loves it. However, it does heat up quickly so probably shouldn't be used for more than 20 mins or so at a time - as we found out when the bulb blew very quickly. Found replacement ones though so our daughter is happily disco dancing again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2012 1:12 PM GMT

Book of Astronomy and Space (Usborne Internet-linked Reference)
Book of Astronomy and Space (Usborne Internet-linked Reference)
by Lisa Miles

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introductiont to astronomy, 23 Dec. 2011
We bought this for our son (aged 6) as he was learning about space at all. We were going to go for the more basic Usborne space book but didn't think it would hold enough info to keep him interested as he got older. This is accessible for him to read parts to himself and also for us to share with him. In fact the information is probably great for any age who is starting to get interested in space. It provides enough detail without going too complex. Plus the star maps were a bonus as our son had a telescope for his birthday. A great buy for the price.

It's Fun to Draw Dinosaurs
It's Fun to Draw Dinosaurs
by Mark Bergin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for budding dinosaur artists, 23 Dec. 2011
We bought this for ds having borrowed the safari animal version from the library. Both books are great for children wanting to have a go at drawing their own creatures. They give step by step guides to drawing each creature as well as showing an image of what a completed picture could look like. Very easy to follow.

Where's My Home
Where's My Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game for toddlers and pre-schoolers +, 23 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Where's My Home (Toy)
I picked this up on a trip to the zoo for my ds when he was younger. He's now 6 but still enjoys playing it with his 3 year old sister. She was able to play from about 2 as it's a pretty basic memory game - pick a card and if it matches your animal environment - jungle, desert, polar or marine, then you put it on your board. The boards are two sided - one side has blank spaces to put your animal, the other has the animal names to encourage reading skills. It's not strictly accurate on the animal homes as they have both lion and tiger living in the jungle together, but I guess that's not a major issue at this age. An easy game to get the hang of, quick to play and fun for adults and younger children. I've just bought this set for my m-i-l as she enjoys playing it with the grandchildren! Well worth it for the money.

Football Crazy Wall Mural Wallpaper
Football Crazy Wall Mural Wallpaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Walltastic!, 23 Dec. 2011
We bought this for our son's bedroom but didn't imagine it would look at great as it did online but we were wrong. It looks great - our son loves it and it was pretty easy to put up. Using this we were able to transform our son's room from a toddler bedroom into a proper boys' bedroom in just one afternoon, - including repainting the walls, putting up the mural and other bits and bobs. You do need to work quickly with this in order to get everything matching up - it comes in pieces (10 or 12 - can't remember which)- it was a bit worrying doing it but all turned out great. A note to add - the paper does stretch quite a bit when you paste it but luckily didn't shrink back so there were no gaps which was my biggest concern. All in, easy enough to do and a very happy football mad 6 year old.