Profile for Vikash Shah > Reviews

Content by Vikash Shah

Vikash Shah

Page: 1 | 2
[Rugged External Battery] RAVPower 10050mAh Portable Charger Waterproof Dustproof Shockproof Power Bank with iSmart Ports Built-in Flashlight - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, rugged battery pack!, 22 Mar. 2016
I've had this little gem for just a day so far, so this is a very early review, but first impressions are fantastic. This is my first experience of using an external battery for mobile phones, and as I'm not a particularly outdoorsy person I hadn't thought of getting one before, but with it being such a compact little thing it's absolutely perfect to carry around in your bag for those moments that always happen when your phone is out of juice and you desperately need to use it!

This gadget was very simply but nicely packaged in a cardboard box that's only as big as it needs to be, and in the box you get the battery pack, a pair of short micro-USB cables to connect your phone(s) to it, and a carabiner hook to clip it to your belt or wherever. There is also a compass, but as I said I don't go out very much so I'm not about to get lost!

I've not tested it out too much yet, except to fully charge my smart phone, and it did that no problem whatsoever. Naturally the battery pack came fully charged out of the box and ready to use. I have not yet been tempted to test out its ruggedness as I tend to treat all my stuff very carefully, but certainly from the look and feel of it I have no doubt it would survive quite a bit of bashing about.

Thanks very much to the brilliant RAVPower for sending me this product for review!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2016 6:51 AM GMT

TaoTronics Car Phone Holder / Cars Mount / Universal Cradle Windshield for iPhone 6 plus 5s Samsung S5 Moto G & Other Mobile Phones of Width 50mm - 100mm 360 Degree Rotation
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good car phone mount, 12 Feb. 2016
I have only used this briefly so far, but it seems to be of decent quality. The suction cup at the bottom is quite effective but it would not stick down to my dashboard which is where I wanted to use it – the surface there is slightly curved and the suction cup really does need an absolutely flat and smooth surface to stick to. For the time being I have stuck a cardboard coffee mat down onto the dashboard with sticky tack, which gives a good enough surface. That is probably something the designers should have thought about, maybe providing an extra accessory for easier mounting on dashboards. The only other minor criticism is that the clasp things that hold your phone in place slightly fold around the front of the phone and can obscure part of the screen. For example I was using it in landscape mode with my phone set to Google Maps, and the details at the bottom of the Maps screen were obscured. Other than that it is functional and feels robust albeit plasticky. Other car mounts are available, some cheaper and some more expensive. I've never bought a car mounts before this one so I can't compare and say if this is a very good value option, but it works for me.

Price & Kensington Brights Small 2-Cup Teapot, Blue
Price & Kensington Brights Small 2-Cup Teapot, Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm trying to keep a lid on it but..., 31 Jan. 2016
I'm only giving this teapot 2 stars because for something so simple I would want it to be perfect and it isn't. I'm comparing it to another teapot I had which broke and this is the replacement. The problem with this one is that the lid sits much too loosely on top of the pot, and when there isn't much tea left in the pot and you tip it quite far the lid is liable to fall out. That is a design flaw that wasn't present in the teapot it was bought to replace. In that teapot, the opening wasn't a full circle, the front part was closed (so the shape of the opening was like a circle with the side chopped off about a quarter of the way along). Not only did this mean that the lid could only be positioned one way, but it meant you could tip the pot all the way down so the spout was pointing downwards and still the lid wouldn't fall out. Fortunately I have another spare teapot identical to the one that broke, which I was intending to keep as a spare, but instead I will use that one and keep this new one as a spare. I can't honestly believe I'm sitting here complaining about a bloody teapot!

Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget webcam, even better microphone!, 19 Jan. 2016
I'm very happy with this purchase, which I made because since upgrading to Windows 10 my Dell monitor's integrated webcam no longer works. I'm not a heavy user and just need a webcam for occasional Skype use, so I wasn't even sure if I wanted to spend £15 on this model and almost went for a lesser brand. I'm glad I went for this one though. Not only is the video quality slightly better and sharper than on my integrated cam, the best thing is the audio quality is brilliant and the noise cancellation is fantastic. To test this I made a recording of my voice using Audacity with some pauses inserted, and when I played it back to my surprise my voice was crystal clear and the pauses were deadly silent with absolutely no background noise or hiss. It's so good that I'm actually dictating this review using Dragon NaturallySpeaking software with this webcam's microphone instead of the expensive Plantronics bluetooth headset I've always used, and it's proving every bit as reliable. It's an unexpected bonus that as well as having got a very good replacement for my integrated webcam, I can now use my speech recognition software without having to wear a headset!

EasyAcc® Superspeed USB 3.0 4 Port Bus-Powered and Self-Powered 2-in-1 Hub with 3.3 ft USB 3.0 Cable for Mac,iMac,MacBook Pro Air,Ultrabooks,Microsoft Surface RT,Laptops,Raspberry Pi,and any PC,Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reviews - but mine packed in after a day, 24 April 2014
EDIT: I am changing my rating from 1 star to 4 stars, as I have since received another hub from EasyAcc which is working (although I have only used it for a very short time). Given the company's excellent customer service I don't want to negatively affect the score for a product that everyone so far has been delighted with.

Earlier review:

I have my laptop connected to 1) laptop Intelliplug, 2) monitor (for webcam and integrated hub), and 3) portable hard drive. I connected these devices via the EasyAcc instead and at first it all worked as before. However the following day when I switched on the laptop none of the devices were recognized anymore. I had to remove the EasyAcc and put everything back as before. I then tried putting a flash drive directly into another port on the laptop, and then into the same port via the EasyAcc and trying each hub port in turn. The flash drive was only detected when connected directly.

Therefore this is going back for a refund. Note that I didn't have a UK plug to USB adapter so did not try the EasyAcc with the optional power lead.

Intelliplug - Laptop version
Intelliplug - Laptop version

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, 18 April 2014
I have used the desktop version of the Intelliplug for a few years now, to turn my monitor and speaker system on and off with my PC. My PC recently died and I decided to buy a laptop instead, even though I will mostly be using it with my current monitor and speakers. I purchased an Inspiron 15r laptop from Dell which is working out well so far, and I tried it with the Intelliplug I already had and of course it didn't work. I then discovered this laptop version, and despite some mixed reviews I decided to give it a go based on my satisfaction previously with the brand. It arrived quite quickly and only took a couple of minutes to set up. Works absolutely fine, and I'm pleased I can even just choose too put the laptop to sleep and still have my devices powered down. My next purchase though will have to be a USB hub as of course you do lose a socket with this.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Like buying money!, 17 Mar. 2013
It really works! You pay up front and then the recipient can "buy" stuff - but for FREE! Simply unbelievable!

Oral-B Trizone Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads, 4 Toothbrush Heads
Oral-B Trizone Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads, 4 Toothbrush Heads

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked the Precision Clean heads, but these are better!, 9 Feb. 2013
I changed from manual brushing to the Oral-B Precision Clean technology a couple of years ago and found that to be more comfortable and thorough. I should point out that I am physically disabled and have always had a carer brush my teeth, which adds its own level of complication as it can be difficult to do a thorough clean without getting the odd scratch here and there (leading to ulcers). These TriZone heads seem the most efficient yet. Although my dentist recommends very small brush heads for accurate brushing, the fact is that it would take for ever for someone brushing my teeth for me as they can't see where they are going with the brush. Instead these brush heads cover quite a large area but still get into the nooks and crannies. They are also not very abrasive (except for the hard bristles on the tip) so you can brush quite comfortably. Also my teeth and gums just feel better after brushing than they do when using Precision Clean, and there is definitely less food debris left behind too.

I bought a new electric toothbrush recently because my old brush broke, and although I was sceptical about TriZone and tempted to stick with what I knew, I decided to get the TriZone knowing that I could always use my Precision Clean head on the brush instead if I didn't like it. But I will not be going back!

SURE SG390BK  Sure-Guard Elite Cordless Personal Alarm - Black
SURE SG390BK Sure-Guard Elite Cordless Personal Alarm - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Discreet but smart, and easy to use, 9 Feb. 2013
I bought this for my mum. She was looking for an easy-to-trigger panic alarm for her to hold while she is out on her post-dinner walk. She used to have one of the other types where you have to pull cord but didn't feel safe with that, she wanted something she could use with one hand. She is much happier with this one, it activates easily (but not so easily you will trigger it by accident) and is very loud. I wouldn't describe the sound as ear piercing, but this little gadget packs enough of a punch that it would scare off most attackers. Well worth the low price.

Halcyon Live EP (Amazon Exclusive)
Halcyon Live EP (Amazon Exclusive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie's live recordings are always amazing!, 11 Nov. 2012
As a keen (read: obsessed) online follower of Ellie I've seen and heard a multitude of her live performances and she never disappoints. These versions of 3 of her stunning sophomore album's most anthemic tracks are no exception!

Page: 1 | 2