Profile for byjimini > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Marware Sportsuit Convertible for 6G classic - Black
Marware Sportsuit Convertible for 6G classic - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but fiddly, 3 July 2009
This iPod armband does exactly as it's supposed to, and is very comfortable - no complaints.

Where I am worried though is the material splitting or cracking, because I own a 160GB Classic iPod, and it's a tight fit. You have to tug and massage the casing over the iPod to make it fit, and I'm wondering how long it will continue to take such punishment, and whether or not these will be covered on the "lifetime" guarantee.

That aside, great thing to have, if a little pricey.

Nyko Intercooler (Xbox 360)
Nyko Intercooler (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can be a little noisy, but does the job, 1 Sep 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As the title suggests, when I boot up my 360 the intercooler makes one hell of a racket, like a jet fighter taking off. give it a minute or two however and it soon quietens down to an acceotable level, although the difference in noise with and without it on is noticeable.

However, it keeps the 360 cool indeed, since putting it on i've experienced the console puffing out hot air like i used to, instead it's now cool or even luke-warm air.

I do wish it was a tad quieter, as i play alot of late night Live, but it does the job well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2008 12:45 PM GMT

Live 2002
Live 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars essential., 21 July 2006
This review is from: Live 2002 (Audio CD)
I have this on my iPod after purchasing it from here, and it has everything.

jokes about religion, women, men, the world cup, ice skating, teenagers, keith richards (great impression too!) and Michael Jackson - and all completly justified too!

Robin Williams - Live on Broadway [DVD]
Robin Williams - Live on Broadway [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hillarious!, 21 July 2006
Tahnk god for pause buttons! I pissed myself laughing all through this DVD, Robin really is on tip-top form!

Thing is, I find his stuff creeping into my everyday life (i've watched it that many times), so much so that when someone aksed me how i was coping in this sudden heatwave here in the UK, i replied "no, i like it so hot that the sweat runs down the crack of ma ass like Niagra" !!!

Lite-On LVW-5055GDL Dual Format Multi-region Capable DVD Recorder with 250GB Hard Drive and DivX

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 July 2006
I've always been wary of buying stuff like this at fairly steep prices, but my oh my is this machine worth every penny!

The massive hard drive is a godshend; i was away last weekend at a steam rally, and set it to record 10 different programs at the highest quality - with a disc this is nigh-on impossible without coming home and changing discs - and there's still 50 hours recording time remaining!

there's a great "idiot" button - otherwise know as the Guider - which lists all the available functions and guides you through them step by step, such as copying from the hard drive to disc or vice-versa, timer recording and even playing something.

You can even copy CD's on this, which has bmade things far easier for my dad.

Not experienced any lock ups like some people ahve complained about, then again i do update the firmware every month by downloading it from their website.

Takes about 25 seconds from pressing the power button to fire up and ready for recording/playing.

You can't watch DVD's whilst recording, but seeing as i've already a PC, Xbox 360 and PS2 within 3 feet of the recorder, I don't see that as a problem at all.

Apple iPod nano 2GB - White [MA004FB/A]
Apple iPod nano 2GB - White [MA004FB/A]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply lovely, 21 July 2006
The Nao is a great piece of gadgetry. I already own a 20GB 4th gen iPod, so this was for my brother, who has a much smaller music collection than me.

It's still not scratched yet, not that I'm waiting for it to, but im impressed by the way it's robust and seemingly hard wearing. Still, i wouldn't advise putting it in your back pocket, because the Nano is so thin it really would snap it.

Very impressed, after being concerned with the amount of bad press.

Apple iPod nano Tubes
Apple iPod nano Tubes
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly protective, 21 July 2006
My brother has dropped his nano plenty of times now, yet it bounces straight back thanks to these cases.

My only grip is i've had to take off the cover when charging/connecting to the PC because the nano tube seems to squeeze the cable and work it out of its port, which isn't good.

otherwise, a great piece of kit.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 21 July 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's not the violence that makes GTA games, it's the wacky sense of humour, hidden gems (both physically and visually) and sheer scope and scale that has gone into the game. San Andreas is no different.

I'm playing this on my 360 through a VGA cable, and my word does it look sweet! I don't need to tell you what the game entails, that's what magazines and other websites are for, but you just need to know that you need this game if you own an Xbox or a 360.

ByteStor 1GB SD Card with Free Card Caddy.
ByteStor 1GB SD Card with Free Card Caddy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit, 21 July 2006
Lets me keep spare memory cards together instead of kicking around in the bottom of drawers getting scratched.

And even though I may be the last person on earth to actually play and enjoy his N-Gage phone, I found it fantastic to store 3 of my games on there as a sort of carry case.

Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins [DVD]
Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Gross
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars my dear god! number 4!, 23 Feb 2005
ok, you really need to have seen at least the first two films for this to even make sense, but it still is a great film and gets the Tremors series back on track, not to be detrimental to number 3 but we all thought they would just keep on inventing new monsters.
the hitman here is just trying to be clint eastwood so bad, it's almost as if he really does feel lucky (punk!), i even saw him in another film the other day and raced to get it!
the acting, as throughout the quadilogy, is superb, the script very interesting, and the idea of going back before the original to see how they first found the Graboids and how Burt inherited his love for guns is both humorous and interesting.
a very good buy, if not a tad strange for the fourth movie to go back before the first.
BUY IT!