Profile for Jimi Man > Reviews

Aluma Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking - Blue Color
Offered by BargainShop_London
Price: 1.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and reasonably well made., 28 July 2014
Decided to get an aluminium cardholder after seeing a video showing how easy it is for naughty criminal types to scan cards with the new RFID chips, effectively allowing them to electronically clone your card just by standing close to you and then using it themselves. For months I had my debit card wrapped in aluminium foil in my wallet, which was a bit unsightly and fiddly to remove at an ATM.

This cardholder is very stylish-looking on the outside, with a nice finish which will hopefully be durable. Inside there are seven compartments for cards, which are in a plastic concertina-style arrangement which fans out when the case is opened, a bit like the compartments in a ladies' purse. The plastic is a bit cheap-looking but seems strong enough for purpose (but then what can one expect at this price?). Only time and continued use will determine whether the 'concertina' stays in one piece and attached to the sturdy black plastic case. One needs to be careful upon opening the case as cards can easily fall out if not held vertically. The opening clip is easy to use and has a satisfyingly positive click when closing.

I also got one of these for my partner and she loves it as electric blue is her favourite colour.

All in all, very satisfied, but only gets four stars due to the uncertainty about the internals.

4 X WOODEN NAIL BRUSH WITH BRISTLES ON BOTH SIDES(PRICE INCLUDES DELIVERY)
4 X WOODEN NAIL BRUSH WITH BRISTLES ON BOTH SIDES(PRICE INCLUDES DELIVERY)
Offered by My Swift
Price: 2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional quality and superb value., 18 Jun 2014
I had been on the lookout for a good sturdy nailbrush for ages but they just don't seem to sell them in shops anymore. The plastic-handled versions all have rather flimsy bristles that don't have the 'purchase' to get the grime out from under your nails, especially the long nails on my guitar-picking hand.

These brushes are just like the ones I remember from yesteryear; they're chunky, sturdy and with bristles stiff enough for the job. The wooden handles might not be as durable as the plastic versions, but it's most likely to be the bristles that wear out long before the wood gets anywhere near an unusable or unsightly state.

Can't argue about the price for four of these. Almost giving them away.

Want clean nails? Buy these.

Maxell DVD+R 4.7GB 16X Spindle Pack of 100 275641.40.CN
Maxell DVD+R 4.7GB 16X Spindle Pack of 100 275641.40.CN
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars They're good-looking and good for the job., 18 Jun 2014
I've been using these for years. They're good value, reliable and I've never encountered a dud. The gold-coloured top surface of the discs is tasteful and attractive to the eye. Would recommend to anyone.

Leather Emporium Mens New Black Soft Leather Driving Gloves 8922 - Large
Leather Emporium Mens New Black Soft Leather Driving Gloves 8922 - Large
Offered by Supreme Leather
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pair of gloves, 15 Dec 2013
These are a very nice pair of leather gloves, made of thin, soft, and seemingly good quality leather. They fit my hands well so the sizing is about right. They look well-made with good stitching and a nice lining. Must confess that I never wear gloves while driving and intend to use these for everyday wear, as have been wearing similar type gloves in this regard for many years. A previous reviewer complained about the smell but my pair just have the usual 'new leather' smell which I don't find offensive and which I am sure will fade away in a couple of months. Very good value for the price.

TecTake Heavy Duty Hand Sack Truck Barrow Dolly 200kg black
TecTake Heavy Duty Hand Sack Truck Barrow Dolly 200kg black
Offered by TecTake
Price: 25.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice trolley but I wouldn't trust it with 200kg!, 20 April 2013
This item appears to be well-made and reasonably sturdy, with steel wheels, chunky pneumatic tyres and proper wheel bearings. It arrived with the wheels unattached but they were easy to assemble using the split pins supplied and a pair of long-nosed pliers. I have a small gripe concerning the wheel bearings and axle --- there is a small amount of play between the axle and the inside diameter of the bearing casing, and also within the bearings themselves, making the wheels feel and sound rattly when the trolley is pushed unloaded or with only a light load.

Now to the performance: I've only used the trolley a couple of times and with a load of about 25kg when fetching heavy groceries from the local supermarket several hundred metres away. It was very smooth, quiet and easy to control, and although I would be happy to load it to about 50kg I would be very wary about exceeding this limit under any circumstances. As an ex-engineering designer I cannot see how it could possibly carry the 200kg claimed by the manufacturer --- the gauges of steel tubing & plate used are simply not adequate and would deform under the strain and/or the welds would fail.

Having said that, if you want a 50kg capacity trolley of this type then I would recommend it.

Aargee Multi-Pack 6-in-1 Incense Sticks
Aargee Multi-Pack 6-in-1 Incense Sticks
Price: 5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars More info required, 10 Mar 2013
Four out of the six fragrances I have happily used. The two remaining ones I can't even give away so they may end up wasted. Usually incense sticks are packs of 20 but these are only 12 (and at least one pack only contained 11). A list of the fragrances and number of contents would be helpful to potential purchasers.

Yellowstone 10 Litre Jerrycan
Yellowstone 10 Litre Jerrycan
Price: 7.83

5.0 out of 5 stars You might miss it one day if you haven't got one, 10 Mar 2013
OK, it's a plastic jerry can and food grade so it'll safely carry and store drinking water for the poor souls who may need it post disaster/calamity/apocalypse, or maybe just for a camping trip meanwhile. One day it may be essential. Think ahead as you might need it.

Draper 11673 30m x 6mm Polypropylene Rope
Draper 11673 30m x 6mm Polypropylene Rope
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a rope, 10 Mar 2013
I'm sure this will solve a problem or two one not-so-fine day. It may even save a life. Hopefully it'll never need to be used. In the meantime it looks like a damn fine and strong coil of rope just looking for a purpose.

Blues For The Modern Daze
Blues For The Modern Daze
Price: 12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard Trout, 10 Mar 2013
This guy continues to produce great guitar-based rock albums year after year but he continues to use the same formula and doesn't move on. He's actually one of my favourite guitarists but even I have to admit that he's becoming boring and predictable.

Impeach My Bush
Impeach My Bush
Offered by OnlineMusicFilmsGames
Price: 5.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty girl!, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Impeach My Bush (Audio CD)
Don't think much of her music but I like her attitude! The decadence of pre-WW2 Berlin just in time for WW3.

Page: 1 | 2