Profile for Elizabeth @ the Apotheblogary > Reviews

Content by Elizabeth @ th...

Elizabeth @ the Apotheblogary (London, UK)

2 Tier Open Back Wall Shelf Rack with Cutaway Sides (Unfinished Natural Sanded Pine, 30")
Offered by The Good Shelf Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 July 2014
Great quality, well packaged, and quick delivery. So impressed I just ordered a second one!

Herbal Tea Remedies
Herbal Tea Remedies
by Jessica Houdret

4.0 out of 5 stars An attractive book with lots of recipes, 16 May 2008
This review is from: Herbal Tea Remedies (Hardcover)
I've only tried out a couple of the recipes so far - but so far so good! :-) This is a beautifully presented book and I enjoy flicking through it and looking at the pictures and recipes to get new ideas every so often.

Perfumes, Splashes and Colognes: Discovering and Crafting Your Personal Fragrances
by Nancy M. Booth

5.0 out of 5 stars A good guide for beginners, 19 April 2008
As a "home crafter" of my own cosmetic products, and a beginner at making perfumes, this book has provided me with just the right level of knowledge. The author, Nancy M. Booth, is clearly very enthusiastic about her subject - which comes across along with all of the practical information. The book includes recipes to make at home. I've tried a few of them and was thrilled to find that the very first one, which I made up in a base of jojoba oil, actually lasted all day!

Healing Remedies: Over 1,000 Natural Remedies for the Treatment, Prevention and Cure of Common Ailments and Conditions (Illustrated Encyclopedia)
by C. Norman, M.D., Ph.D. Shealy

5.0 out of 5 stars An eclectic mix of remedies with lots of pictures!, 14 April 2008
I actually happened across this book in a second hand shop. It's made a wonderful addition to my herbal bookshelf. Although it doesn't go very deeply into any particular area, it's great to refer to for an overview of how particular ingredients are used in a variety of healing traditions. Because of the friendly layout and pictures, it's also a good book just to browse through and get ideas, find out new things etc.

The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: Over 600 Natural, Non-Toxic and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health, Beauty and a Safe Home
by Valerie Ann Worwood

4.0 out of 5 stars A diverse and enjoyable book, 6 April 2008
I find myself quite often dipping into this book as it covers the use of essential oils in so many different ways - from remedies, to cosmetics, to household cleaning and cooking. While it is a mine of information, my own experience of the recipes is that I haven't always found them to be effective - but then I'm not an aromatherapist. I still feel this is a valuable addition to my apothecary bookcase, and have learnt a great deal about the use of essential oils from it.

Bartram's Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine
Bartram's Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine
by Thomas Bartram

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful reference book, 6 April 2008
I'm a home herbalist and find this book very useful as a reference book when making up recipes. No matter what else I'm reading up on I tend to refer back to this book as a source of good, sound information.

The Kitchen Cupboard Healers
The Kitchen Cupboard Healers
by Maxwell Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, down-to-earth guide, 6 April 2008
I refer to this book for down-to-earth hints and tips on making my own household cleaning products, and sometimes for home remedies. It's old fashioned, which is one of the things I like about it, and written in a straightforward style. It's great to discover that ingredients already sitting in your cupboard - like cayenne pepper, bicarbonate of soda, or white vinegar - can have so many practical uses!