Profile for D. E. Banks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers

4.0 out of 5 stars LIGHTROOM 4 MARTIN EVENING, 27 April 2013
I have used Evening's manuals since I got into Adobe products and I'm now used to his style and format, however to some his style may be a little too heavy or complex. But stay with it and you won't be disappointed

Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop CS 6 Guide Marin Evening, 9 April 2013
I'm very familiar with Martin's guides and now I have one in ebook format on my Android tablet. The benefits are that I can slip an electronic version of what is a very heavy printed volume into my briefcase to read when and where I want. Guides are very much about personal taste and I've got used to Martin's format and way of writing...but these volumes are expensive even in ebook form.

Canon NB-4L Battery Pack
Canon NB-4L Battery Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon NB-4l camera battery, 9 April 2013
Does the job what more can I say. Time only will tell how long lasting it is! Value for money this is very subjective...I was happy to pay the price and where would I get one on the high street

Nuttery Squirrel Proof Globe Nut Feeder
Nuttery Squirrel Proof Globe Nut Feeder
Offered by gardenbestbuys

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrel proof nut feeder., 9 April 2013
Does the job, but, the blue tits that visit my garden seem to have "gone off " peanuts. I see Robins trying to get through the mesh but seem reluctant to do so. I've seen grey squirrels trying to work out how to get in but they have given up. In my garden they are an absolute menace stripping the bird table of nuts and other tit bits PDQ. There is no real answer to this other than make a ground cage out of mesh big enough for Blackbirds and others to get in but not the Greys. Pigeons are another menace when it comes to bird table food they will strip a large plate of seeds, nuts and fat balls in a day.

Canon DCC-1450 Soft Case for PowerShot S110, S100 or S95
Canon DCC-1450 Soft Case for PowerShot S110, S100 or S95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cameracase for powershot 110, 9 April 2013
Does the job, fits the camera well, is well made and has a magnetic flap to close case. My only minor criticisms are that it could have a little pocket on the outside to store either a spare battery or SD card. But then the case would loose it's smart design, it's a matter of personal choice. Furthermore some people might prefer a case which once opens allows you to use the camera. However the S110 does not have an optical viewfinder so it's of no consequence.

IVSO® Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case With Multi-Angle Stand (White)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars IVSO Slim Fit case for Galaxy Note 10.1, 6 April 2013
I needed a reasonably priced case that doubled as a stand. This fitted the bill. CONs You can't run the device on mains power when in the case- but this should not be too much of an issue as I find battery life of the Note 10.1 fits my needs. The SPen needs to be removed before you open the cover because it's difficult to do so once open. Pros Using this case I can sit and use the Note 10.1 balanced on my lap when sitting in an armchair and equally when I'm sitting in bed. The cover is white and a good match for my white device. . As a budget case and stand it saved me a heap of cash. At the price it's a steal. The order came very quickly within the stated delivery time.

Nikon Coolpix L310 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 21x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Nikon Coolpix L310 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 21x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by MegaDeals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon COOLPIX L310 Compact Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 21x Optical.., 25 Feb 2013
This camera was a gift. I considered it to ideal for a young boy starting out on his photographic journey, the automation though not ideal for the advanced photo guys enablde him to make images as soon as he had got the batteries and card installed. It's not a compact nor is it SLR but at a glance it looks like my entry pro Nikon costing 15 times as much. An ideal bridge camera. Arrived on time in good condition. Does the job! Grandson over the moon with it.

Delphi Complete Works of Charles Dickens (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of Charles Dickens (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dickens on Android E-Book, 15 Feb 2013
Does exactly what is says on the tin! Easy download no problems nor any problems downloading the Android app from Amazon. Works perfectly on my Samsung Note 10.1 I chose this volume of works as a test run for E-Books. I'm yet to be convinced E-Books are for me. Firstly my age and experience has to be taken into account, I collect books the way other people collect music CDs. 2nd, I think electronic books unless backed up somewhere are at the mercy of computer fragility, 3rd there is the security issue would one be mugged for a paper back book? Finally cost, electronic books seem only a fraction cheaper than the paper version.
I have only just accepted on-line or PDF software manuals and still find it a pain to keep switching from the App to the help files. But if you want to use Amazon's reader for Android on a tablet it works just fine for me.

Kindle for Android
Kindle for Android

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle for Android, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Kindle for Android (App)
Samsung Note 10.1 Android. Very easy download, the reader was free, installed OK, purchased a very cheap book, Dicken's Compendium, as a test. Installed quickly and works just fine. It does what it says on the tin..to quote. Whether this reader system is for me time will tell. If one is in a public place or just out walking with shoulder bag you could easily be mugged and £300 plus of Note 10.1 plus your E-books could vanish in the twinkling of an eye. I suspect you are less likely to be mugged at Waterloo Station for a Penquin paper back !

A Social History of the French Revolution
A Social History of the French Revolution
by Norman Hampson

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd hand book, 14 Oct 2011
2nd hand hard back ex library book from USA "A Social History of the French Revolution". Acknowledgement from USA retailer, shipped almost immediately, took some time to arrive UK probably by SEA! Was in condition as advertised. All in all a painless experience. Not easily available in UK. Well done Amazon. A quite specialised subject and work!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3