Profile for Sarccy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Vampires, Banshees and Angels - 4 FREE Paranormal reads to sink your teeth into
Vampires, Banshees and Angels - 4 FREE Paranormal reads to sink your teeth into

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disapointed, 1 April 2013
When I first got this, I thought it was a collections of four short stories, I didn't realise it was actually just a collections of first few chapters tasters of published full length stories.

It's free so I shouldn't really complain about that and has also got my interest piqued for 2 of the stories.

Title is very misleading though.

It is mostly just a collections of Vampire stories- I found no banshees and one was based in a steampunk setting of London.

I did discover two new authors "The immortal rules" and "The Girl in the Steel Corset", so I am off to buy those

Haunted Love (Free short story)
Haunted Love (Free short story)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough- though erractic, 1 April 2013
It's quite good, the main character is likeable and the supernatural element is done quite well, especially the way the author blended it in with modern society and technology.

The ending was a little erratic, and maybe the story as a whole was a tad too short. But I will definitely look out for her works.

Good for a quick read.

Compatible Concealed Invisible Zipper Sewing Machine Presser Foot by 60°®
Compatible Concealed Invisible Zipper Sewing Machine Presser Foot by 60°®
Offered by c9store

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 1 April 2013
Arrived in plenty enough time, does the job and is a decent enough price.

It did take some getting used to. I did end up using my other zipper foot, however once I got a bit more practice it was fine.
I'd recommend it.

Compatible Rolled Hem Narrrow Hem (3 mm) Presser Foot by 60°®
Compatible Rolled Hem Narrrow Hem (3 mm) Presser Foot by 60°®
Offered by c9store

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 1 April 2013
Arrived in plenty enough time, does the job, but personally I found it a little hard to use. But I think that's more due to operator error, a decent enough price.

I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to do a narrow hem

Fatal Embrace (Romantic Suspense)
Fatal Embrace (Romantic Suspense)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mills and Boon but worse, 1 April 2013
I really wanted to like this one.

I really did.

It sounds great but urgh.........the last half of the book was frustrating. This is too much like a Mills & Boon romance right done to the widowed man who refuses to love another woman due to the tragic death of his previous girl/fiancée/wife.

And the whole mixing the romance with a crime side story (and oh boy was it the side story) has been done before, but far better.
The twist at the end felt really last minute, and just ruined it.

It's good to take away the time but don't expect a thrilling read. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

The Rileyville Mystery
The Rileyville Mystery

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful- how did this get past the editors?, 1 April 2013
It's free, and boy Jove I am glad it was free.

The grammar is so bad it's borderline painful, I couldn't get past the second chapter.

The plot......of what I could get into.....was a great idea however none of the characters were likeable, the supposed bad guys were very one note, flat characters.

It might have improved but that grammar.......urgh! Just because it's a free book in kindle does not give the author nor the editors the right to allow atrocious grammar on PUBLISHED work.

Don't read it! Unless you want to show an example of how not to do bad grammar
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 4:47 AM BST

Fashion Designer's Handbook for Adobe Illustrator
Fashion Designer's Handbook for Adobe Illustrator
by Marianne Centner

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 April 2013
It's easy to use. Fantastic tips and skills.

I recommend it for anyone, especially beginners and intermediate users of both Illustrator and Photoshop

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than some but meh, 1 April 2013
It's alight.

I got into from the first chapter and well, there are some good moments but I find it's just a glorified Mills & Boons romance with more emotionally damaged characters with too much money and not enough sense and this whoa-is-me attitude.

Characters are lacking in realism, the two main leads are very clichéd, the side characters have the biggest dips in personality you would think they were bi-polar.

The most frustrating thing is that there is a hug amount of potential in this, the first chapter was good and what reeked me in, the main character at times seems like a likeable real human being, caught in a peculiar relationship.

The whole thing about it being steamy is absolute rubbish, like the 50 Shades series, nothing steamer that what you would get in one of the steamy versions of mills & boons.

I won't continue as it just didn't leave that much of an impression, I'll keep my eye on the author but it's just a MEH. It's better than 50 shades, even if only due to the characters.

Disappointed me but there is potential there for the author.

OVERLOCKING/SERGER BAG
OVERLOCKING/SERGER BAG
Offered by sewing-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I want, 1 April 2013
This review is from: OVERLOCKING/SERGER BAG
My overlocker is a few years old compared to the standard overlockers now and it's also slightly bigger so I found a lot of bags were much too small. This one was the biggest and fit my overlocker in snugly along with it's cable and foot and also some extras.

Exactly what I wanted, keeps it safe, dust free and FAR less bulky than it's box, it's the biggest out of the ones out there and the handles are really useful.

10/10 from me!

Patternmaking for Fashion Design
Patternmaking for Fashion Design
by Helen Joseph Armstrong

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic- if needing a little work, 1 April 2013
I have Winifred Alrich's metric pattern book, however she is lacking in certain styles of pattern cutting, a friend of mine recommended this one as it had more styles you can learn.

It does, it's brilliant to see all the different types of tops, jeans, dresses, skirts. The one thing I find lacking is the dialogue is a bit of work for your mind to get through. You can really tell it's meant to be a teaching guide for pattern making courses, however once you get your head round the wording it is really useful and I can't wait to try it out.

There is a certain lack of some illustrations guides for some items, so you do have to rely on the text to get your head round it-which is a bit of a problem if your not sure if you're doing it right.

However it does have a lot more on offer when it comes to pattern cutting compared to some other books out there, the size and cost are a little off putting however I think it's worth it.

For what I want, it's perfect.

I wouldn't recommend this for first time pattern cutters- Winifred Aldrich's book is a better teaching guise for new comers, this book is definitely for people who are already good at pattern making and want to improve or learn more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6