Profile for Lisa @ One Club > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
The Escort
The Escort

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Story, 27 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Escort (Kindle Edition)
A sexy but sweet novella with likeable characters. And a decent storyline, that holds your interest right through.

How to Lose Your Wife to Another Woman: A Memoir of a Mixed-Orientation Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, Brave, & Honest, 26 Sep 2014
A brave, and honest account of what happens to a couple, when it is gradually revealed. after many years together, that one partner is of another sexual orientation. The hurt, anger and suffering that occurs from this situation affects all the family. The manipulative/selfish behaviour of the wife makes things worse. You feel the misery and the disruption of the daughter's life. The bewilderment and total sorrow of the husband is very touching. A riveting book that ends on a hopeful note however.

The Skin Collector (Lincoln Rhyme Book 11)
The Skin Collector (Lincoln Rhyme Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lincoln Rhyme On Top Form, 6 July 2014
I enjoyed this book. I was a little disappointed with the last two books, but this was more like the Jeffery Deaver of his early books. Lincoln Rhyme on top form.

Napkin Clips
Napkin Clips

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Napkin Clips (Apparel)
I am very right handed. Due to an accident I have been having to eat with my left, which is difficult, and I spill food a lot. I tried a couple of other solutions to protect my clothes. The first one was a large wipe clean adult bib which was bulky, got in the way, and had a really strong smell which transferred to my clothes. I then tried a adult bib of ordinary washable material. Unfortunately I needed two of them as I kept needing to wash them. The problem was solved with the napkin clips. They are a perfect length, and I clip them to a doubled over piece of wide kitchen roll, which I can throw away. Or you can clip it to any suitable material if you prefer. A tea towel is a good option. For myself it is perfect, and I highly recommend the napkin chain.

Inseparable: A New Adult Erotic Romance
Inseparable: A New Adult Erotic Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars I Really Enjoyed This Story., 26 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this story. It was sexy, intelligent, and had a really good storyline. I will definitely read any other books by this author when available.

Legacy of Love
Legacy of Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Book But the Ending Felt Rushed, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Legacy of Love (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, up until the end, when I was not sure that it HAD ended. There were unresolved loose ends, and the ending felt very rushed. I actually went back and re-read some of it in case I had missed something. I wonder if there is an intended sequel. The writing however was a delight, and no typos. Quite unusual for books on Kindle nowadays.

Black Machetes
Black Machetes

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Thriller, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Black Machetes (Kindle Edition)
12 year old Benjamin Wilder and his three friends, all for different reasons a bit isolated from their peers, call their little group the "Black Machetes". Ben, whose life is a an abusive nightmare, is the main character in the book, and for himself and his friends evil is threatening and not far away, even as they all grow older. A really good book, and very original. Not a dull moment. The book is fast paced and absorbing, and this keeps up until the ending which has an unexpected twist.

English Greek Joke Book (Language Learning Joke Books)
English Greek Joke Book (Language Learning Joke Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Practice. Makes A Change From An Ordinary Book., 22 Mar 2014
Great for practicing your reading in a fun way. Probably easier to remember unfamiliar words in this context. Makes a change from an ordinary book.

Taken: How Friendship Saved a Man From Slavery
Taken: How Friendship Saved a Man From Slavery

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read Addition To The "Twelve Years" Book & Film, 22 Mar 2014
This is a must read book if you have read "Twelve Years A Slave", or seen the film. Or to be read before doing either. Not only does the book give additional information about Solomon Northup, but of the times themselves. You get a real sense of the historical and social background of that era. Meticulously researched and absorbing.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Purchase and Use, 22 Mar 2014
I buy the e-mail gift certificates regularly and I have been very pleased with the ease of purchasing, and the efficiency of it overall. I haven't pre-ordered but have them sent "now" and they arrive within about 10 minutes. It is possible that a certificate can be delivered to the spam folder. This has only happened once, but best to be aware of it. Personally I love an Amazon gift certificate as a present.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14