Profile for Veronika > Reviews

Blue Banana Green and Black Lace Strapless Dress Size 12
Blue Banana Green and Black Lace Strapless Dress Size 12
Offered by Blue Banana

1.0 out of 5 stars This dress was not for me, 2 May 2013
I am sorry for given this dress one star, it feels quite mean. I like Blue Banana and I am a proud owner of two of their dresses. This is a good label if you have, like me, a bit more womanly body structure. :-) But I was really disappointed with this dress. And when I compare this dress to the other dresses, I can’t help to just award it one star. It simply didn’t fit well and I wasn’t crazy about the lace quality either. Bust as always, the packaging and presentation was lovely. It was easy to return and I got my refund very quickly. I can’t fault their customer care. I am sure I’ll have a better luck with my next order.

Chanel No.19 Poudre Eau De Parfum Spray - 50ml/1.7oz
Chanel No.19 Poudre Eau De Parfum Spray - 50ml/1.7oz
Offered by Prestige Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Light scent, ideal fragrance for summer, 2 May 2013
This is the less serious baby of the Chanel family. It's very light and not as "in your face" as some of the other more established Chanels. You probably still wouldn't give this to a teenager as present. But for somebody in their 20s this is a nice intro to the world of real perfumes, not just something that a random celebrity puts their name to it.

Brown tan leather satchel or business bag from Smith & Canova
Brown tan leather satchel or business bag from Smith & Canova

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bag, 2 May 2013
I like this bag very much. You get a lot of leather for your money. So why not 5 stars? It's a nice big bag with lots of compartments, great if you are organised. But if you are anything like me you will constantly keep rummaging through this bag looking for phone, keys, sunglasses, wallet etc. Panicking little bit that you lost whatever you are looking for, till you find it in one of the many hidden pockets. Also even when empty, the bag is heavy, thanks to the metal accessories.

Trust Milazzo Laptop Bag Case fits 16 Inch - Black
Trust Milazzo Laptop Bag Case fits 16 Inch - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for heavy users, 2 May 2013
This bag and I started our life together quite well. It arrived right on time; it was well packaged and looked exactly as described. And with that price tag, it felt like a bargain. But you know the saying "you get what you pay for" - it's very fitting for this bag. It really is not the best of quality. I do admit I put the bag through some bashing as I travel a lot. But still, I expected a bit more from a business laptop bag. The corners of the bag are now looking seriously worn out. I'll be replacing it soon with something of a better quality.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice present, 2 May 2013
I got this as gift for my sister who lives in the Czech Republic. It’s just a nice “UK” present. It’s quite a big bag but as she normally carries everything but a kitchen sink – it was an ideal size for her.

Printed Wrap Dress (ML, Black/Yellow)
Printed Wrap Dress (ML, Black/Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud dress that will get you noticed, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Printed Wrap Dress (Apparel)
This is a nice dress that will get you noticed. The picture is quite true to the dress. Unfortunately, I don't look in it like the model. But that's nothing to do with the dress. ;-) I ordered it in M size - I am size 12 and it's a good fit, although quite short. It's got a bit of 80s retro look about it. I normally team it up with high black heels, big hair, big earrings - I go for the Dynasty look. :-)

H&R Piping Jacket (Grey) - 12 UK
H&R Piping Jacket (Grey) - 12 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Jacket, 2 May 2013
This review is from: H&R Piping Jacket (Grey) (Apparel)
Great value for money. I have ordered this jacket as an alternative to a very similar style jacket that was £75. I actually sent the more expansive item back but not because of the price tag. This jacket was actually nicer, good fit and better quality

Mayday
Mayday
by Nelson DeMille

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping Rollercoaster Ride in the Skies!, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Mayday (Paperback)
Hard to put Mayday down after the first few pages. OK, so you pretty much will guess that our hero impromptu hero pilot is going to survive but just how is he going to get that plane down - and where?

Great, all-be-it distorted (I hope!) insight into the politics of the navy and the airline insurance industry an its power over the plane operator.

No let up in the action from start to finish - I'm surprised no-one has made this into film. As another reviewer said: "zombies on a plane!"

Gambia (The), traveller guides 3rd (Travellers Guides)
Gambia (The), traveller guides 3rd (Travellers Guides)
by Thomas Cook Publishing

3.0 out of 5 stars Good general guide to the Gambia (the tourist parts), 8 April 2013
If you are planning to spend most of the time in the main tourist resorts in the North of the country, this is a perfectly adequate guide. The guide is really good for tourists who will spent most of their time either at their hotel's pool or the beach, and perhaps just planning to visit one or two of the country’s main tourist attractions. We stayed in the South, less touristy region and this part of the country is not covered by the guide at all. Don’t expect the level of country insights that you would normally get with Rough Guide or Lonely Planet guides. The one advantage this guide book has over the others is that it is relatively up to date – 2011 edition. Rough Guide to The Gambia was last updated in 2006 and Lonely Planet - The Gambia and Senegal in 2009.

Dune Women's Jaywick Grey Cowboy Boots 0073506080001071 7 UK
Dune Women's Jaywick Grey Cowboy Boots 0073506080001071 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, 8 April 2013
Really nice boots and I like them a lot. Just watch out for the sizing. I am UK size 6.5 but I choose size 7. I am glad I did. They are quite narrow so if I choose a smaller size I would have to exchange them. And even at size 7 they feel quite snugged, I’ll never be able to wear a very thick socks in them.

Page: 1 | 2