Profile for RedQuince > Reviews

Content by RedQuince

RedQuince (Church Crookham, Hampshire)

Ergolife Packing Organiser Stol Portable Chair X-CL200
Ergolife Packing Organiser Stol Portable Chair X-CL200
Offered by Funky Leisure

3.0 out of 5 stars Usefully compact, 1 Oct. 2015
Got this to use at a festival. Lots of people had something similar, and whether you're on this or the ground you're all the same height. This gives you a back, which is comfortable. We found we needed to wriggle about to get comfortable. It's ok, better than just sitting on a blanket, but we chose to use our camping chairs or stools most of the time. Can't fault the ease of carrying these about though, they have a handy case for carrying about, with a long enough handle so you can shoulder it.

Madeline : The Whore of Paris - Books 1 & 2
Madeline : The Whore of Paris - Books 1 & 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Oct. 2014
Badly written. This did not live up to expectations. I did not read much of it, perhaps it got (a lot) better after a while.

The Good Lawyer: A Novel
The Good Lawyer: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed to be the first in a series, 19 Jun. 2014
The story goes along at a lick and I enjoyed the way different threads wove and came together. This lawyer deserved more than one book, though. Well written, some inights into the American legal system and the Mob. Great fun, I want to read more from this author.

It's Your Time You're Wasting: A Teacher's Tales of Classroom Hell (Frank Chalk Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and oh so true, 13 Mar. 2014
I read this on (school) holiday - I am a teacher. I actually work in primary schools but so much rang true from my own experience and those of friends in secondary schools. I found his account thoroughly entertaining and educative. Non-teaching friends have enjoyed it too.

PANBADO® - Taste and see that the Lord is good Ceramic Eco Cup with Handle Porcelain Travel Mug 500ml + Free Plastic Lid +Free Silicon Coaster - I'M NOT A PAPER CUP

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and practical, 31 Jan. 2014
My cup has been much admired around the school I teach in. Big enough for two normal mugs of tea, made of china so the tea tastes as it should. Plastic top fits snugly. Funky design. Best of all it goes in the dishwasher. No more drinking tea out of a metal or plastic cup, and the top is do much better than the nasty tasting silicon one I had on my previous cup.

Felicia's Journey
Felicia's Journey
by William Trevor

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly compelling tale, 11 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Felicia's Journey (Paperback)
Poor Irish girl gets knocked up, deserted, seeks lover in England. And yet the story turns into something quite different and quite surprising. It's not the most uplifting book I've read, yet I read it in two goes and have thought about it since. It certainly gives an insight into the back stories of those who find themselves destitute. This was the first time I've read anything by William Trevor and I will certainly be looking for more.