Profile for jilly duck > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Year I Turn…: A Quirky A-Z of Ageing
The Year I Turn…: A Quirky A-Z of Ageing

5.0 out of 5 stars A very cheerful read, 25 Mar 2014
This is a very good book for those who are tempted to give in to the stereotyping of the uselessness of old age. We are such a primitive society when it comes to our attitudes to ageing and, since this experience awaits us all who survive into the realms of advanced years, this is a valuable book to help reshape societies' current thinking. Recommended.

XXL 6609 4-Piece Canvas Wall Picture 4x 30 x 30 cm Spices All Images on Large, Real Wood Frames Ready to Hang

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely prints, 25 Mar 2014
I loved these when they arrived in their excellent packaging. I do not understand the negative reviews as these were cheap and just as good as many more expensive prints I have bought. The colours are very pleasant and look very striking on my white wall

Kenkoh, The Japanese Reflexology Massage Flip Flop for Men and Women, Black Size UK 6 - EU 39
Offered by Kenkoh Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great result on pain, 12 Mar 2014
I tried these because I was suffering from heel pain, knee pain and hip pain. Having run these by my daughter who is a reflexologist I decided to go ahead and give them a go. Initially uncomfortable at times (as expected because pressure application on the relevant reflexology point is always uncomfortable if this is a problem area) I found that the discomfort gradually eased with persistence and now, some 5 weeks later all pain has disappeared with the exception of the heel pain which is improving with, now, some pain free days and less pain on general. The sandals are now very comfortable and I wear them as a matter of preference. Highly recommended.

The Flavour Thesaurus
The Flavour Thesaurus

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant concept, 12 Feb 2014
What a great idea! My daughter and I spent hours pouring through this guide to food combinations. So many times we read certain suggestions and couldn't imagine why no one had ever come up with them before but we are both quite adventurous in our food tastes and do like to experiment. We are now using it to come up with Walkers crisps new flavour! Seriously though, this is, in our view, an essential book for people who like to cook and entertain. Try it - honestly, it will keep you amused for hours!

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9")

5.0 out of 5 stars This product rocks, 12 Feb 2014
A late convert to Kindle, I finally bought one as I am an avid reader but was finding that holding the pages of bulky books apart was beginning to hurt my fingers and wrists. Basically I purchased this for health reasons if you like. It is perfect as I can read hands free to my hearts content. The definition is excellent and it is really easy to use and navigate. I still tend to use my main PC for films etc as I do prefer a wider screen, but it has definitely solved the problem with my hands and I would therefore recommend it for people with hand problems or a weaker grip who love to read

THE FOREVER GIRL
THE FOREVER GIRL

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible read, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: THE FOREVER GIRL (Kindle Edition)
Got past the first few pages but not aimed at my age group i.e. grown up, no longer in secondary school. Drivel I am afraid

No Direction Home [Bob Dylan] [DVD]
No Direction Home [Bob Dylan] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great biography, 12 Feb 2014
Bought this as a present so I haven't read it myself, but the feedback is very positive. Mind you, if it hadn't been there would have been a big issue!

Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Feb 2014
Not much to say - its a mouse - but it is very comfortable and easy to use by all ages - my 4 year old grandson switched to this very easily and it means that he is not too close to the screen. I like it because, being wireless, my arm and shoulder is not forced to be in the same position for hours on end. As I am 62 years of age, this is very useful and stops aches and pains developing

A Curious History of Food and Drink
A Curious History of Food and Drink

5.0 out of 5 stars A really interesting book, 12 Feb 2014
Love this book. A very engaging look at food through the ages in a light hearted but informative style. A great present for almost anyone with even a passing interest in the origins of English food heritage.

Set of 2 Super Lightweight Cabin Approved Luggage Travel Wheely Suitcase Wheeled Bags 1.65k - 42 Litres (Aztec Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best friends!, 12 Feb 2014
Did not expect too much for the price but was amazed at the quality, again, for the price. Ordered for a short forthcoming trip to Dublin on a short stay so was primarily concerned about cabin dimension being correct for Ryanair - they are. These are really nice so I wont feel absolutely fed up if the horrendous weather means my trip is cancelled as I have a nice consolation treat!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3