Profile for 1four7 > Reviews

1four7 (uk)

The Height Of Fashion
The Height Of Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me laugh!!, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Height Of Fashion (Audio CD)
It makes me laugh (tonight listening to it) because how good it is, how could this fail? but it did, how could it be?
Oh well, but really a real injustice.. (shakes head)

Nypc
Nypc

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Nypc (MP3 Download)
It took me a couple of listens, but its a great album.
Five stars? definitely, all the songs are brilliant.

Skyfall [DVD]
Skyfall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall [DVD] (DVD)
Sorry to say it but I couldnot belive how bad this film was, I mean really bad, and equally bemused at all the glowing reviews, box office records, the horrible Adele song...
Three things really stand out in particular though, Bond hitting the bottle was bad bad bad, then going back to his famliy home and seeing the graves of Mum & Dad was really poor and the final sequence in the house was laughable.
Giving this film such a negative review may well invite some sharp comments, but I grew up loving all the Bond movies, I have a real soft spot for the Roger Moore era and really liked the two Timothy Dalton films as well, although I did not really think much of the Pierce Brosnan films.
The casting of Daniel Craig was a masterstoke, Casino Royale is the best Bond film by a long way in my opinion but since then its gone sharply down hill, Quantom of Solace was bad enough, but Skyfall is much much worse.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 1:29 PM BST

Leaving
Leaving
Offered by RevivalMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars besrvedcold loves it really., 31 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Leaving (Audio CD)
besrvedcolds review was rather vague I thought.
Good mixes, if you really want them save up and buy them, if not whats the problem?

Elysium
Elysium
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Elysium (Audio CD)
Got to admit that I am really suprised by some of the negative reviews here, to my mind this has to be one of their finest albums. Its hard to mention particular highlights when its all so good, long may they continue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2012 7:57 AM GMT

Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

1.0 out of 5 stars Its really, very very bad., 29 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Prometheus [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Let me start by stating my admiration for Ridley Scott, I love nearly all his films, even GI Jane!! and White Squall as well, his flawed movies of old have much to recomend, but this is bad beyond description, truly bad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2012 5:16 PM GMT

Winner
Winner

5.0 out of 5 stars Its great!, 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Winner (MP3 Download)
Bit of a shame so many seem to not like Winner but I love it, yes I am a fan of over 20 years etc...
The b-sides are good, but are just that and no more, still a great taster to hopefully another fantastic album, I cant wait.

Return To Paradise
Return To Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Return To Paradise (MP3 Download)
No no! ignore the one star review, that seems just spiteful to me, this album is a brilliant uplifting collection of songs, I cant stop playing it.
I have a feeling this could slip under the radar which would be a real shame, its far to good to be missed.

Radio Wave Surfer
Radio Wave Surfer
Offered by rbmbooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Underrated!, 1 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Radio Wave Surfer (Audio CD)
A shame to only see one review of this album and a poor one as well, I guess it hardly stands out perhaps as one of Holgers classic records.
But, trying to keep it simple, all the classic elements of what makes Holger Czukay so interesting, brilliant, original etc.. well they are all here in abundance.
Very highly recomended.