Profile for Matthew Bryant > Reviews

Content by Matthew Bryant

Matthew Bryant (Birmingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958)
Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958)
Offered by activeleisure

1.0 out of 5 stars Owned two - both deflate during use, 24 Mar. 2016
I've bought two of these now and both have disappointed. The first one lasted about 6 uses, but we lent it to someone and after that it started deflating. We thought it must've been damaged so bought another, but this current one has deflated slowly since the first use. Save your money and do not buy this item.

Part King® VESA Bracket/Mount Adaptor Fixing Screw / Bolt Kit for Sony Bravia LCD TV W6 W7 W8
Offered by electrosmart

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a solid enough fit, 4 Feb. 2016
All looks as advertised, but the thread on the spacer screws doesnt quite line up. This means that the spacer doesn't rest on the back of the TV as it should and there's a disconcerting amount of movement when an upward force is applied.

Annke 1.0MP ProHD Wireless IP Camera, Day Night Pan/Tilt Baby Monitor / 720P Surveillance Camera-Enhanced Wi-Fi 3dB Antenna, HD 1280x720p Mega-Pixels
Offered by SANNCE & ANNKE

2.0 out of 5 stars Some great features, but many issues, 13 Jun. 2015
Out of the box this camera connects very easily to your wifi and the way the app works with it is very simple. However, the app is not incredibly stable on iOS.

This is a budget product (the RRP on Amazon is ridiculous). It's worth £40-£50. There are many bugs with my camera:

- SD card slot does clip cards in (cards will read if held
- Connectivity lights constantly flash in the direction the camera faces
- Microphone sounds very tinny (unusable)
- Microphone picks up speaker so a feedback loop is created if you use the speaker
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2015 3:37 AM BST

Study Guide for 1Z0-051: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I: Oracle Certification Prep
by Matthew Morris

1.0 out of 5 stars Thrown Together with Basic Information, 4 Aug. 2014
This book states at the beginning that it's not a standalone resource - you'll need to read the official Oracle Tutorial at least, but that it supplements all other learning. I'm finding it hard to see how it supplements my prior learning in any meaningful way.

The layout is very basic. There is no colour to aid revision and no touch-points to zone in on. Just a lot on black writing. In addition to this basic design there are a large number of spelling mistakes, which really irritates me. Little has been done to edit this book - it feels like it was thrown together and published at pace, and never picked up again.

The only saving grace is that the website mentioned is pretty helpful.

EDIT: Just scraped through my exam and can confirm this book didn't help me at all. There was a large number of topics covered in the exam that aren't focused on in this book. My recommendation would be to buy the Oracle textbook and learn it extensively. Review down from 2 stars to 1.

Toshiba Flash Air 8GB Class 10 Wireless Memory Card / Wifi SD Card
Toshiba Flash Air 8GB Class 10 Wireless Memory Card / Wifi SD Card
Offered by PaprikaDigi

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work, 17 July 2014
I saw the bad reviews, but they seemed to be outweighed by the good so I went ahead and purchased the product as it's cheep enough to be worth a shot. Wrong choice. The WiFi signal emitted is woefully inconsistent so much so that I have to keep ejecting the card and replacing it to start the signal again. When it does emit a signal it lasts for about 30 seconds, which is barely enough time to connect. I have managed to connect a few times and load up the setting page on my browser, but the signal drops before I can do anything.

FIFA 13 (PS3)
FIFA 13 (PS3)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky Gameplay and Menu Lag, 20 May 2014
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game after reading about the menu lag in Fifa 14 thinking that this should be better, but I was wrong. I had Fifa 11 before and the menus were slow to load on my PS3, but I got used to it. In this version it has become so bad it almost makes me want to give up editing my team. The selection won't move and then when it does it will be 2 places when you press once. It really is that bad.

The usual flaws return as well. Characters do odd things when the ball is loose at there feet. All the hitting of square in the world won't clear the ball when there's a slight obstruction. It's so frustrating when you're playing a close game. One of the worst feature to this game is how it is made more difficult as you increase the level. Not only does the CPU get much better, but you players get worse. It makes it extremely hard to increase the difficulty passed what you're used to because the leap can be vast.

Another pointless aspect is the simulate game option. I can only assume the coding behind this command is to produce a random result because that is exactly what happens. And why you can't make changes and substations during it is beyond me. Very poor.

The one saving grace to this game is the youth scout feature in career, but without a proper training simulator even this is half-arsed. I wouldn't be happy producing a game that barely makes any changes every year. There's so much scope for improvement this needs 1 star.

P.S. Character selection is still bad too - not so much in open play, but on set pieces it's awful.

OCA Oracle Database 11g SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide: Exam 1Z0-051 (Oracle Press)
by John Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, but let down by basic spelling mistakes, 24 Mar. 2014
I want to like this book because it contains all the information that you need to sit the 1Z0-051 exam laid out in an easily digestible manner; however, the lackluster copy-editing makes this very hard. Simple grammatical and spelling errors reoccur time and time again to the extent that it becomes annoying.

City Harbor
City Harbor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and refreshing, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: City Harbor (Audio CD)
This new duo produce a pop-country style with very refreshing lyrics. Most Christian music today is focusing heavily on God's powerful character and our hope, but City Habor are much more grounded in reality. They deal with important themes such as pain and acceptance, which are so often ignored in Church. I highly recommend this album.

Philips QT4090/32 Black Pro Stubble Trimmer with Turbo Vacuum and Additional Stubble Comb (Packaging Varies)
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars A step backwards, 12 Feb. 2014
This is the third of these Philips vacuum shavers I have had in my life now and it is a big step backwards. It looks much better - granted - but the battery is awful. If you leave the shaver unused for a few days the battery will be dead, which is appalling.

Halcyon Days (Deluxe Edition)
Halcyon Days (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars How much money?!, 11 Feb. 2014
For such a popular artist to release an album with so many tracks for such a small amount of money (£5 MP3) is madness, but I don't care! There are so many great tracks on this album I would've been happy spending twice as much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3