Profile for XFNutty > Reviews

Whisky Oak Barbecue Wood Smoking Chips
Whisky Oak Barbecue Wood Smoking Chips
Offered by Garden Secrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 17 April 2014
These whiskey oak barbecue wood smoking chips really are from oak barrels used to mature whiskey and smell divine. We've used more than the recommended cupful of chip in the past and they impart a beautiful flavour. This is the second time I've bought this product and I would highly recommend them!

Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what we needed, 5 Oct. 2013
I was really pleased when we saw this product as more often than not you see phone sets which contain too many handsets. We had calculated that this was the best number and was at a competitive price (as more often than not they were selling for about the same price as the more numerous handset models. They're of a good build quality and are a decent size (if you're looking for a small handset or something quite dainty I wouldn't recommend these). The screens are quite clear although they are a little reminiscent of the older colour mobile phone days. They also have that same polyphonic ring tone that you would associate with older mobile phones too. This did put me off initially, but our house phone doesn't tend to ring too often. There is a massive selection on tones to chose from with a range of traditional and somewhat are just plain weird, but set some time to go through the massive list as I'm sure there's something on there to suit everyone. There's good customisation options although you will need the manual to figure them out. We did find that when we set the phones up, once you did the base handset, all the dates and times transferred over to the other handsets which made that process quicker, however any other customisation you will have to do on every single phone. The answer phone is good and a you can let it ring for up to 8 rings if you want rather than having to run to the phone. Overall a good product.

Total Perfection: In Search of Total Perfection
Total Perfection: In Search of Total Perfection
by Heston Blumenthal

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect this to be your traditional cookbook., 5 Oct. 2013
I bought this product specifically for the chapter on burgers as I had seen the original TV series and was keen to see what other suggestions he would have. This book accompanies the show and describes the filming and his experiences as he goes on his search for perfection. The stories are interesting and informative, however I was a little disappointed that there wasn't much more of a collection of knowledge and comparison of the burgers he tasted. At the end of the chapter there is his perfect burger recipe, but no variations. Ok, I have only read that one section and maybe burgers aren't the most interesting subject in this book, but I felt it was lacking a little in the detail. I like the science element to his cooking and I didn't see too much of it this time around. What is also to note, although it doesn't bother me too much, is that it is a rather large paper back book and looks very drab with its black, white and grey colouring and doesn't really inspire you to pick up and read it. I would recommend this book to people who are more interested in Heston's journey rather than the food and science inside it.

WATERPROOF CUBE SET COVER - DESIGNED TO FIT RATTAN GARDEN FURNITURE CUBE SET -
WATERPROOF CUBE SET COVER - DESIGNED TO FIT RATTAN GARDEN FURNITURE CUBE SET -

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 5 Oct. 2013
This cover is the perfect size for our cube set of rattan furniture. It has a toggle cord on one of the corners as well so you can tighten it once it is on. There is also enough slack on the cover so that if you want to, you can tuck a corner underneath the leg of the chair which helps it to stop blowing away in strong winds. It's doing a good job of protecting the furniture and the water is just pooling on the top rather than seeping through. Very happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone else with the same furniture.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, 5 Oct. 2013
I have one of these for my kindle and I bought this one for my husband as I think it is a brilliant product. These are great for the kindle keyboard as they especially designed for it. It runs of the kindle internal battery so you don't need to replace a separate one for when the light goes. It adds a little bit of extra bulk over all, but if you consider that if you took a book, chances are it will be bulkier than that. The cover is a nice texture and durable and hasn't gotten too tatty with use. What is quite nice is that it acts just as an extension to the kindle and now I don't notice it's there. The cover also protects the kindle screen too and doesn't feel too flimsy. All in all I would recommend this product to the kindle keyboard owners, but I would say grab them quick as there aren't too many about now!

Ices: The Definitive Guide
Ices: The Definitive Guide
by Caroline Liddell

5.0 out of 5 stars This really is the definitive guide, 10 Jun. 2012
I was recently given an ice cream maker for my birthday and I was looking for a book with a wide range of interesting recipes which weren't just the ordinary. I bought this book as I saw it referenced in Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck Cookbook as it contained the chemistry of ice cream - if Heston recommends it, I've got to buy it!

This book is fantastic and rarely leaves my side! The first two recipes are for basic vanilla ice creams which are referenced throughout the book. They consist of a basic custard recipe which is brilliantly worded so that you get perfect results every time. Once you've got these recipes, you can then flick through the book and take your pick! There are several different recipes for chocolate ice cream, baileys ice cream, fresh mint ice cream and a selection of frozen yogurts and sorbets, and these are the only some of the ones that I've tried! There are some pretty interesting flavours that I'm forward to trying such as tomato and blue cheese.

The book is presented in a kind of old fashioned way, with Victorian style drawings to match in with some of the history of ice cream that it also discusses. The science bit is quite interesting as well, so if you're wanting to fiddle with the proportions, it will give you enough information to assess how your ice cream may turn out. For the lactose intolerant, although there are very few "interesting" recipes which can use lacto-free milk, most of the recipes ask for 36% fat cream which is of similar fat percentage to available lacto-free cream.

Overall I thoroughly recommend this book for good tasting classics as well as something a bit unusual and for those wanting to learn a bit more about ice cream making in general.