Profile for Mandy C > Reviews

Billy and Me
Billy and Me
by Giovanna Fletcher

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it!, 23 July 2016
This review is from: Billy and Me (Paperback)
I read the other reviews, and the author is so appealing, I genuinely wanted to like this book. But... Oh my, it is terrible. I didn't even make it half way through before I gave up.
Don't get me wrong I love a piece of chick lit as much as the next person but the story line is weak and predictable, the writing is just not very good. My advice is just don't!

Late Fragments: Everything I Want to Tell You (About This Magnificent Life)
Late Fragments: Everything I Want to Tell You (About This Magnificent Life)
by Kate Gross

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 4 Mar. 2016
It's hard to say what I was expecting, but this wasn't it!
It was only a very average read.
This book was written as a gift from mother to her sons, what they will evetually make of this it is hard to say......

Fat Chance
Fat Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 7 April 2015
This review is from: Fat Chance (Kindle Edition)
You read reviews about laugh out loud books..... this really is one of them! Heart warming and funny, well worth a read.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 6 July 2014
A beautiful if sad story. I think everyone knows the hype.... Suffice to say the book reads with real emotion, and certainly I shed a few tears as I worked my way through it.
Well worth it!

Samrick Specially Designed Leather Flip Case with Screen Protector, Microfiber Cloth and High Capacitive Stylus Pen for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190/i8190N with NFC - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value., 1 April 2013
If you're concerned by the price don't be! This is a genuine bargain. Bought for my other half. Came with a screen protector and touch pen, he is very pleased.

Great Expectations
Great Expectations

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, 1 April 2013
Jury's out on this one. This was recommended to me by friends as being up there with their favourite reads. I love a classic but I'm really struggling with this. The central character is not at all likeable and the writing is dry and dull - maybe one for you probably not one for me! Half way through don't think I'm going to make it to the end.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classic Collection)
by illustrated by John Tenniel Lewis Carroll
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 1 April 2013
A beautifully bound edition of a classic book. Beautiful soft leather, an asset to any bookshelf! My daughter loved it.

Black with White Skull Hot Water Bottle
Black with White Skull Hot Water Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 April 2013
A hot water bottle trendy enough for my daughter
What can I say, does what it says on the tin!

Hairy Maclary's Rumpus at the Vet
Hairy Maclary's Rumpus at the Vet
by Lynley Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant!, 1 April 2013
If you've not met Hairy Maclary, now is the time. The stories are funny and entertaining the illustrations are fun and humorous too. Recommended for little ones to get them into books and brilliant for the little older ones who are learning to read. Lynley Dodd is the best!

Trendy Skull Knit Pullover T Jumper One Size (Red)
Trendy Skull Knit Pullover T Jumper One Size (Red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back, 1 April 2013
This was terrible quality. Not at all soft but very stiff and scratchy. Came with no washing instructions. This went straight back!

Page: 1 | 2