Profile for Pikers > Reviews

Pikers

Bon Iver, Bon Iver
Bon Iver, Bon Iver

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Iver, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Bon Iver, Bon Iver (Audio CD)
This is such a beautiful album. I can't fault it, it's just stunning! It has more styles and diversity that the first album, and just shows the progression of this amazing band. It's just as unique and deep, but explores more than sadness and heartbreak. Albums like this don't come along very often.

I'm With You
I'm With You

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm with You, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: I'm With You (Audio CD)
It pains met to say anything bad about RHCP! I've basically adored the band for as long as I can remember; Mother's Milk & BSSM are in my top ten favourite albums. This is a good album, but it's just not the chilis that I know and love. I didn't immediately dismiss it after John left, I mean he was a replacement himself for Hillel but there can be no denying that John is sorely missed in this album. There is a complete absence of RHCP's trademark funk, flea still has his moments but it's just not the same anymore. But by all means, it's not terrible, there are some good songs on here that sound reminiscent of the great band RHCP used to be.

xx (Digipack)
xx (Digipack)

5.0 out of 5 stars xx, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: xx (Digipack) (Audio CD)
This album is not for everyone, but for what it is, it's seriously good! It can't be denied that it's a unique sound with no immedialy thought of comparisons. This has to be one of the most over-played albums on my mp3 probably because it's very addictive, not being difficult to listen to but with subtle depth to it. I think it's beautiful.

Up & Leave
Up & Leave

5.0 out of 5 stars Up & Leave, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: Up & Leave (MP3 Download)
This song is beautiful, why is this band not more well known? We are the birdcage is something fresh on the overdone indie/folk scene. Looking forward to a debut album!

Treats
Treats

4.0 out of 5 stars Treats, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: Treats (Audio CD)
Great first album, sounding different to anything I've heard before. It's absolute chaos most of the time, and needs to be played loud! I've found that over time, I've started to skip some songs but others I could listen to all day; it's not flawless but definitely deserves a good listen to.