Profile for chrisdrandall@bigfoot.com > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Time of Torment: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 14
A Time of Torment: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down, 9 April 2016
Not even half way through yet

And I'm loving it, was worried that Connolly had lost his touch with this series because a couple of the books seemed half hearted
And out of step.

But Parker is back with a bang, and taking the fight to them rather than waiting for the knock on his door.

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD] [2015]
Fear The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Cliff Curtis
Offered by DALTON'S DEALS

2.0 out of 5 stars Was really looking forward to it, 1 April 2016
Really disappointed

Found it boring in places characters I couldn't care less about, and got quickly irritated with the naivety shown about events unfolding around the characters and their none reaction.

Lights on in whole house while murdered neighbours over the Rd, no weapons got together or survival packs gotten ready
The step dad just did my head in and I'de have fed the druggie son to the zombies myself

Awfully slow plodding storyline, glad never went over to BT to get this

Wyrmwood: Road Of The Dead [DVD] [2015]
Wyrmwood: Road Of The Dead [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Jay Gallagher

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 April 2016
An interesting film

Personalised Engraved Key Ring & Gift Pouch Perfect Present, Christmas, Anniversary Birthday
Offered by TSM Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Nov. 2015
Excellent product good quality engraving and key ring super fast despatch
Really pleased with product many thanks :)

The Wolf in Winter: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 12
The Wolf in Winter: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on track, 14 April 2014
Didn't even know there was a new book coming out, spotted it by accident and to be honest was apprehensive because the one before last was absolutely dire.

This one seems to have the old spark back and I really enjoyed it, it does seem though as if Mr Connolly has a bee in his bonnet about the Vietnam war or vets, and this was what drove me mad about the 2nd from last book.

More of the same please, and back on track for the most part.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PS3)
Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars if only I had known, 20 Feb. 2013
My son played this for about an hour, then appeared in the door way to the living room
to tell me what utter rubbish it was, how awful the graphics were and what the hell had they
done with the game. He said the game before this one was brilliant with no issues at all,
who ever designed and put this rubbish together for the princely sum of 40 quid, needs
naming and shaming.

Yesterday's Gone: Season One
Yesterday's Gone: Season One

5.0 out of 5 stars flaming bloody marvellous, 23 May 2012
Bought the first 2 episodes before realising that they come in seasons, but hey ho still bought season 1
after finishing the first 2. Well thats me hooked then, seamless writing and the pace at times is literally
breath taking, and I am not known for gushing or high praise for the sake of it, but praise where it's due
for these writers. Breaking down the characters stories, and leaving them on a cliff hanger before you go back to them
individually is a master stroke, and for this I salute you.

Go get it what are you waiting for? this is the reason I have been waiting for to get a Kindle, there's no waiting
thank God.

Well done boys

A very happy bunny this end thank you

Badass Zombie Road Trip
Badass Zombie Road Trip

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it and my 13yr ols Son loved it too, 28 April 2012
I loved it then my son ran out of books so leant him my Kindle, big mistake cause it's
full of zombie storiea, now I'm too cool for school and my Kindle is no where to be seen.
He thought it was well funny.

Mum

The Burning Soul: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 10
The Burning Soul: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 10

3.0 out of 5 stars A long wait for disapointment, 3 Feb. 2012
I feel this book and the one before it have lost their way.

I am an avid reader of the Parker books and the others John writes, even to go so far
as visiting Sedlec as described in Black Angel.
For me it's as if he has lost the feel for the characters, or has got bored with them
and is fulfilling a quoter.

I truly hope he does not go the same way as Laurell K Hamilton has with her's, otherwise
that will be another author that has disapointed me.

Cannibal Holocaust [VHS]
Cannibal Holocaust [VHS]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing but rather well put together horror fare., 20 Mar. 2002
Make no bones about it this film will upset and disturb a lot of people. Even the cut version of the film will still pack a massive punch. It is easy to question the moral aspects of the film, whether it is pure exploitation or whether Deodato was attempting to juxtapose modern attitudes about morality onto the "savages". I have seen the uncut version, and did find the animal mutilation scenes gratuitious, although the actors reactions to it did seem genuine, I don't know if these will be left in the cut version.
To sum up, if you can stomach the film then it is worth watching (it also shows fairly clearly where the inspiration for the Blair Witch Project came from).

Page: 1 | 2