Profile for D. Reynolds > Reviews

D. Reynolds (Worcester)

Nice to See It, To See It, Nice: The 1970s in front of the Telly
Nice to See It, To See It, Nice: The 1970s in front of the Telly
by Brian Viner

5.0 out of 5 stars Any book that mentions Arthur Mullard is worth a read..., 16 Sept. 2013
This was an excellent holiday read. Many laugh out loud moments. Brought back many great memories of an epic era for TV - epic for many good reasons as well as for bad. To include such "classics" as "Yus, My Dear" starring the talentless Arthur Mullard really brought back some great memories of truly awful ITV sitcoms. A highly recommended read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2013 6:29 PM GMT

Premium 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Premium 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, perfect for the job, 17 July 2013
This arrived very promptly and certainly looks the part and does the job perfectly. I paid a fiver with free delivery - can't complain about that!

Large Carry Case - with BONUS Sync Cable + Cleaning Cloth Compatible with Nikon Coolpix Camera Models Inc D7200 | D7100 | D7000 | D5500 | D5300 | D5200 | D5100 | D3300 | D3200 | D3100 | D3000 | D810 | D750 | D700 | D610 | D600 | D550 | D500 | D300S | D300 | D90 | D80 | D5 - by DURAGADGET
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough case for the price, very slow delivery, 17 July 2013
The case is good enough for my DSLR (but not much room for much else). For the price, it is good value although I'm not convinced that it's RRP should be £49.99.... However, I resent having had to pay £4.50 postage and then having had to wait over a full week before it arrived, in a torn, large jiffy bag. I have ordered countless things from Amazon with free delivery and many times the item arrives within 24-48 hours. I was notified by email within hours of my order that it had been dispatched - so why did it take 8 days after this to arrive?
I have since learned that, apparently, Duragadget are happy to refund postage as a thank you for posting a review on Amazon, so if this is the case this certainly makes things better.

50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011
50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011
by Mike Jolley

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read about the greatest football club ever, but worth a tenner?, 23 April 2013
I read this in four nights - things are that exciting at the age of nearly 50 -and I'm a slow reader! It was a concise last-50 year history of our wonderful club with some interesting notes of other noteworthy events happening at the time. However, there wasn't much in it that was new to me and there were one or two glaring errors, not least on page 49 when it mentions Peter Shilton leaving us after our relegation to Division 2 "to return to the top flight with Derby". Erm, didn't Shilton win League titles, European Cups etc with Clough's Nottm Forest for several seasons after leaving us?
It's an easy read, but I'm not sure it warrants a full price of £9.99 and Amazon were only offering a reduction of £1. Simon Lowe's "Delilah Roars Again" is a much more comprehensive read and archive of every game since 1984 (admittedly not going back as far as Mike Jolley's 1961), it's a hardback, and currently available on at least one well known retailer's website for a little over a tenner.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2013 8:12 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but..., 16 Dec. 2010
Keyring arrived very promptly. It's OK, but a bit cheap looking (and it's only 3 dimensional on one side - the other side is flat). Better to spend £3 more and get the better one available at Merc dealers.

Exile In The Promised Land
Exile In The Promised Land
by Steve Mifflin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 21 Jan. 2010
An excellent easy read. I too am an ardent Stokie although I come from the Wirral and now live in Worcester, so getting to see a Stoke game has never been that easy. I saw my first Stoke game at the Victoria Ground in December 1978 v Leicester, around the same time Steve Mifflin started watching them. This book gives a brief resume of each match in our first Premier League season, in date order, aswell as the trials and tribulations of getting around the country to follow the team home and away from his base in Reading. A thoroughly recommended read.

Happy-Go-Lucky [DVD] [2008]
Happy-Go-Lucky [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Sally Hawkins

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time and money, 15 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Happy-Go-Lucky [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
An unbelievable disappointment. We are great fans of Mike Leigh, especially the sublime Nuts In May from the mid 70s and other classics ranging from Grown Ups, Life Is Sweet and Vera Drake. But this? A feel good film?? We battled through nearly two hours of dross believing it had to get better and had to go somewhere, but we were left wondering what the hell it was all about. We had tried in vain to find a cinema that was showing this film when it first came out but obviously we were being spared parting with good cash. Poppy, the lead character, was exceptionally exasperating from start to finish. Whoever employed her as a primary school teacher should be struck off. The scene in the middle of the film where she was alone late at night with the tramp was totally unnecessary, totally alien to the storyline and totally unbelievable. If this was a departure from the norm for Mike Leigh I hope he quickly gets back to what he was doing so well before. Avoid this film at all costs
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 5:45 PM GMT