Profile for vasco444 > Reviews

Content by vasco444

vasco444 (Lincoln, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
By Ben Hatch - Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8000 Mile Car Journey Around Britain: Family's 8000 Miles Around Britain in a Vauxhall Astra
by Ben Hatch

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought I might enjoy this, but found it massively over-hyped, 28 Mar. 2015
I thought I might enjoy this, but found it massively over-hyped, distinctly unfunny and, in the end, intensely irritating. Whether Ben Hatch and his annoying family actually made this journey, or whether it is a figment of his imagination, has to be open to question. Congratulations if you make it to the end of this book.

EZE Kaddy Umbrella Holder - Black
EZE Kaddy Umbrella Holder - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs strength to adjust the position, 26 Mar. 2015
I liked the design of this holder, but was intended as a present for my 9 year old grandson. All the adjusting knobs took a lot of strength to turn, much more than he would have been able to manage, therefore I reluctantly had to return the item.

Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8000 Mile Car Journey Around Britain
Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8000 Mile Car Journey Around Britain
by Ben Hatch

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly over-hyped., 5 Feb. 2015
As well as "blagging" lots of free rooms in hotels to fund the writing of a guide book, Ben Hatch has also managed to blag lots of good reviews from some well-known people, who would have to work hard to convince me that they had actually read the book. Yes, it's an OK read and in places mildly amusing, but nowhere near as funny as the reviews on the cover would have you believe and I am somewhat disappointed in it. The claim on the front cover to be "The No1 Best Seller" rather begs the question "as compared to what?" - perhaps his other books. Overall, in my opinion, the majority of reviews over-hype this book.

C'est Modnifique!: Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France
C'est Modnifique!: Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France
by Ian Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read - one can't help but sympathise with Ian Moore, 12 Jan. 2015
Very enjoyable from start to finish, so much so that I have now ordered his first book which also gets a good review. I'm sure I shan't be disappointed.

Grape Expectations: A Family's Vineyard Adventure in France
Grape Expectations: A Family's Vineyard Adventure in France
by Caro Feely

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising, but didn't live up to expectations, 12 Jan. 2015
There's no doubting the hard work and heartache that resulted in the the writing of this book, but as it went on I began to find it all a bit repetitive and in the end I was pleased to have finished it. My wife gave up on it half way through.

Terratek Lithium Ion 3.6V Cordless screwdriver complete with 102 piece accessory kit
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars An impressive package, 8 Jan. 2015
I can't give a full review as this was given as a present, but the quality, the case it came in and the impressive selection of bits all received favourable comment. I bought this because I bought a Terratek drill/driver some time ago and have been delighted with it so i'm hopeful that this will live up to the reputation.

Osram 5.5 Watt LED GU10 Bulb 50W Equiv
Osram 5.5 Watt LED GU10 Bulb 50W Equiv

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly brighter than a 50w halogen equivalent, 8 Jan. 2015
A good bright light and this is the one that seems to suit my kitchen - warm white and a spot beam width. I find this slightly brighter than a 50w halogen and look forward to an eventual cost saving having installed 6 of them.

1byone Easy Chime Two Receivers(One Plug-in & One Battery Operated),Wireless Doorbell With Sound and LED Flash 36 Melodies Tunes To Choose - Black -1 Year Warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased we bought this, 8 Jan. 2015
Excellent product. Bought for my very deaf mother in law who likes the portable bell/light unit and can hear it easily - she is delighted with it. Not sure that quite so many tunes are necessary as we had great fun trying to synchronise tunes on the chimes between the 2 receivers, but we managed and have chosen the Westminster chimes for ease, as they are immediately after the convential door bell sound. The flashing light and the high volume are exactly what was needed.

Doc McStuffins Doctor's Bag Set
Doc McStuffins Doctor's Bag Set
Offered by YOYOS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very popular for a 5 year old, 27 Dec. 2014
This proved very popular with a 5 year old, much more so than I would have expected. We were all visited by Dr McStuffin on Xmas Day and cured of our various ailments. Quite a stiff catch on the bag, but once done it was easy enough to open and close most times.

Mondo Motors 1:14 Range Rover Evoque Remote Control Car
Mondo Motors 1:14 Range Rover Evoque Remote Control Car
Offered by Debenhams

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toy with nice lighting touches, 27 Dec. 2014
This was a big star on Xmas Day and must have driven miles around the house. Turning circle is not huge but that is not as problem as it just means more opportunities to reverse. I hadn't appreciated that headlights and tail-lights come on depending on whether travelling forward or reverse, which is a nice touch. i just hope the many batteries last a while!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8