Profile for Jamie > Reviews

Content by Jamie

Jamie (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
JBL OnBeat Micro Portable Speaker Dock with Lightning Connector and UK/EU Mains Adapter for iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation - Black
Offered by Zob 'n' Saf

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 18 Nov. 2013
I ordered these to go with an iPod Nano as a gift. It has surprisingly good sound, charges the iPod, looks great and is a bargain for £30. Bought another one!

Vivobarefoot Men's Ultra M Eva Red Water Shoe VB220003ERED 7 UK, 41 EU
Vivobarefoot Men's Ultra M Eva Red Water Shoe VB220003ERED 7 UK, 41 EU
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars On my 4th pair .., 19 Aug. 2013
I love these shoes, I wear them casually and for running (different pairs). I also have other Vivobarefoot shoes, but these are the ones I wear the most. They are a little more snug than the others in the range, mainly due to the 'sock' I guess, but I believe that's intentional, since they're pretty flexible. So if you're thinking about what size to go for I would advise just going for your normal size and trying that.

The only negative is they do tend to wear down fairly quickly, at least when wearing them running. Typically I'll get 3-6 months out of a pair before the grip is worn off somewhere on the sole, at which point they're demoted to casual shoe instead of running shoe. I've also discovered that they're not ideal for trail running on a wet day, bit slippy! Having said that I've worn them running in the rain and occasional mud many times and they're fine, just not waterproof (a pair of lightweight running socks helps).

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, just no UK adapter, 28 Feb. 2013
Batteries work great and useful to have a charger other than the camera. Just lost 1 star since I was disappointed that there was no UK adaptor in the box (seller was Prime Scuba), so I needed to find a US/UK adapter.

Garmin Foot Pod for Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch
Garmin Foot Pod for Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for measuring cadence for barefoot style running, 28 Feb. 2013
I bought this to monitor my cadence since I'm trying to master barefoot, well minimalist shoe, running with Vivobarefoot shoes. It's been useful to track and given me areas to work on. The device itself has worked perfectly clipped onto the shoes laces, I just turn on my Forerunner 610 and it picks it up in a few seconds. I've had it a couple of months now and it's survived puddles and mud with no problem.

VonHaus PREMIUM Slim TV Wall Bracket for 33 - 60 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 660x450
Offered by Domu UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain - works with Sharp Aquos 60", 12 Feb. 2013
A great quality wall bracket. I'm using it to hold up a Sharp Aquos 60" and it's perfect. Easy to install, good wall screws included. Just screw the rectangular plate to the wall and the uprights to the back of the TV, then the uprights on the TV just hook onto the wall plate. It can slide left/right if needed, then adjust the tilt angle as required and tighten.

It's pretty flush, about 6 cm off the wall. The Sharp has a bulge at the bottom and this bracket is deep enough that that's not a problem.

Esky USB Laser Scan Handheld Barcode Reader
Esky USB Laser Scan Handheld Barcode Reader
Offered by Global Distributor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when I got it working, 10 Oct. 2012
On the computer I bought this for it didn't initially work, however it did work on two others I tried, all 3 running Windows 7. When it works, you literally plug it in and hold a bar code in front of it, which it automatically scans and the number appears as if you'd typed it on the keyboard. On the computer it didn't work on, it beeped, but nothing appeared on the screen. After a bit of investigation, it turned out the driver hadn't installed properly, so in case anyone comes across this problem, this is what I did to fix it:

- Go to 'devices and printers' where you should see OKE PS2-USB V1.61
- Right click on that and goto properties
- Click on the hardware tab > change settings > Driver tab > update driver > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Then select USB Input Device
It should then appear in Devices with a keyboard icon

Fit For The Job 3 Piece Decking Painting Kit Includes Extension Pole, Paint Pad And 9" Tray

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for a bit, 20 April 2012
When I first started using it it worked really well, but within a few minutes it just didn't seem to be getting the stain down. This meant applying more pressure and it's really not strong enough to cope with that. The angle adjuster wouldn't stay put which didn't help. In fact, it's very much like one that came in a Ronseal pack I had before. Resorted to a 4" paint brush on my hands and knees, which is the only reliable way I've found; at least the tray was useful.

If you have a small and very smooth deck this may work for you, but then why bother. I'd happily pay 5x as much for something that really worked since I spend about 2 days a year having to treat decking, but I'm afraid this isn't the answer!

Draper 21303 Fence Post Rammer
Draper 21303 Fence Post Rammer
Offered by Your DIY Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars So much easier than a lump hammer, 20 April 2012
I chose this one since it was twice the weight of the slightly cheaper version and the more weight the better. It's easy to use and whacks the posts in in no time! Much easier to use than the lump hammer I had been using, and doesn't split the posts.

Large Display Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer - rubberised finish - Black
Large Display Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer - rubberised finish - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, 23 Mar. 2012
I've been using one of these for a few months and it's simple to use. I mostly use the timer, just press the mode button twice to get from clock to timer and then use the min/sec buttons to set the time and press start/stop. I can only imagine the other reviewers didn't read the instructions and are probably trying to set the countdown timer on the alarm screen (which has an alarm symbol on the screen), just press mode again and you're on the timer. It takes me all of 5 seconds to set.

When the timer goes off the beeping is pretty loud and gets faster if you ignore it. It's audible from the next room. It lives on the fridge, looks smart enough and the large digits make it easy to see from a distance.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2012 12:51 PM BST

Darda Racetrack m.3 u.1Motorrad looping over 5 years, 6.5 m track length (311 050 153)
Offered by Spielwaren Eichelkraut

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Darda!, 17 Nov. 2011
Zoom, I'm loving the Darda track and hopefully my 4 year old will too! I remember Darda from my childhood and am really surprised it's not more well known now. Other parents who've seen it have been very impressed and asking what it is. In particular the fact that the motor winds in both directions and can't be overwound so it's quick and easy. Having the powered cars makes more sense than Hot Wheels (and in case your wondering, Hot Wheels tracks are a bit narrower, so you can't run a Darda car on a Hot Wheels track).

I choose this particular track since it seemed good value with two cars and an interesting shape. It's easy to put together and the car has just the right momentum to do one complete lap. The motorbike has yet to make a lap without flying off one of the bends (it's a bit top heavy), but there's more experimentation to be done there.

My only criticism is not with the product, but the lack of details in the Amazon description, e.g. age aimed at, what's actually in the box (although the picture is accurate). But, that's not a product issue, so it still gets 5 stars.

A couple of things I learnt in my research:
1. The original cars are die cast, there are also Ultra Speed ones, which are a light plastic and therefore go further
2. There are two motors, standard and stop and go. The latter one you wind up but it doesn't go until the rear bumper is hit (so you can have a car bump into it and set off the next one).

I think it's time for a Darda revival!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4