Profile for The Pidge > Reviews

Content by The Pidge

The Pidge "The Pidge" (Suffolk, UK)

21 Days to Glory: The Official Team Sky Book of the 2012 Tour de France
21 Days to Glory: The Official Team Sky Book of the 2012 Tour de France

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing., 7 July 2013
I was expecting something with more detail, and perhaps more explanation of tactics, strategies etc. Certainly the descriptions of each stage were a lot shorter and less exciting than I had hoped for.
Although it was an interesting read, it did not bring back the memories of the excitement of last years race.

Faithfull West Country Shovel Handle
Faithfull West Country Shovel Handle
Offered by Right Tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Best handle ever!, 19 April 2009
I have now had 6 handles and 3 heads on my shovel and I think this is the best handle I've had so far!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2011 5:24 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly fantastic product, 23 Oct. 2008
This is a truly amazing product, allowing me to link my music collection (on USB HDD), ipod, and vinyl record deck (via a preamplifier), plus SKY box easily, combined with the inbuilt CD and DAB radio capability.
As the Aux3 and USB connectors are on the front of the unit, it makes it very easy to connect anything else temporarily as well.

I've also been able to succesfully record directly from any source onto mp3... and with the in-built timer this is particularly good for recording the soundtracks from concerts on Sky.
It also means I can continue to copy my vinyl collection to mp3.

My only criticism is that I had to use an external pre-amp to connect the vinyl record deck - but these can be found quite cheaply in places like maplin.co.uk.

Sound quality is great - I'm using some fairly antique KEF speakers - this unit has injected a new lease of life into them! (though my wife still complains that they are too big!)

Pricewise - look around - I did find it cheaper elsewhere! Buy a large flash drive at the same time (some dealers offer these free), and you're sorted!