Profile for Julie Marie Smith > Reviews

Red Hot Chili Pepper: Live at Slane Castle [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody's right.., 11 Jan. 2005
This DVD IS amazing! It is just so watchable, it truly showcases just how good the Chili Peppers are at what they do. Awe-inspiring to watch (particularly John and Flea). I've had it on every day for a week! I wasn't actually at this gig but was lucky enough to see them at Londons Hyde Park and watching this really does bring back memories. Do yourself a favour and buy it, then do your friends a favour and buy it them! Or save money and all watch it together :)

Funky Monks [DVD] [2000]
Funky Monks [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers
Offered by Great Price Media EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very insightful, 11 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Funky Monks [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I rented this DVD as I am a massive chili pepper fan and have their entire back catalogue so I thought it was about time I watched their dvds too. It has to be said I was a little disappointed. This dvd chronicals the making of BloodSugarSexMagik and I was hoping for a window into their world, to see the motivation behind the album. It's not the most insightful of DVDs however, and is basically just the 4 of them goofing around, it's rather funny to watch them giggling at times but not what I was expecting. It's basically split 50/50, with them recording/playing half the time and having their photos taken and talking heads the other half. If you want a chilipepper DVD, you can do no better than Live at Slane Castle!