Profile for Julie Levy > Reviews

Content by Julie Levy

Julie Levy "Computer illiterate" (SE England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Maze Runner
The Maze Runner

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 12 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Maze Runner (Kindle Edition)
It was incredible, I'm dying to read the next book!!!!!!!! Highly recommendable, worth the read most definitely, seriously, just amazing

Falling In Maths
Falling In Maths

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Falling In Maths (Kindle Edition)
This book was incredible! I was written beautifully and had a perfectly paced story line. The romance between Noah and Mia was so lovely and made me all happy inside! I highly recommend this book to any romantics out there, who like a good lovey dovey story (like me)

Horses Don't Fly
Horses Don't Fly

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable story by a simple man who experienced extraordinary events., 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Horses Don't Fly (Kindle Edition)
One of very few who survived the air war and lived to tell the tale, Libby lead a peripatetic life as a cowboy, before volunteering in Canada for war service in France.
By many twists and turns became an observer and then a pilot in the RFC, serving in three squadrons and winning the MC. His final escape was to survive the Influenza epidemic of 1918!
Written in very simplistic prose, his memoirs have a rawness missing in many ghosted memoirs, and comes highly recommended. Sadly the rest of his amazing life is covered only briefly as an afterward by his grand daughter. A full biography would undoubtedly be snapped up by Hollywood: what a story.

Gallagher Girls: 06: United We Spy
Gallagher Girls: 06: United We Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 6 Feb. 2014
This series was incredible, and this book is just the perfect ending!! It is written beautifully, has a great storyline and captures and keeps the readers attention to the end. Highly reconmended by me.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 28 Oct. 2013
A brilliant book. I was told that I would cry, and that it was an extremely emotional book. I do agree with the latter statement. The book holds many emotions, love and sadness, to name a couple. But I think this book contains mostly thoughts. This is a book that speculates many things, with a convenient storyline to hold them together. This book makes you think about things on a deeper level to what they actually are, and it did make me ponder such things as the meaning of life (an obvious one) but it also however made me realise and consider the meaningless of life (the less obvious one but one that in some opinions requires more thought and holds more meaning). If you remembered, and are wondering about my earlier statement I did not cry. This is another of the great love stories, maybe a more tragic version than some, and the sense of love and it's meanings are purveyed nicely and in an obvious way. But like I said before, the book has a deeper meaning than that and not necessarily a sad one. Maybe the book is a happy story, that they did in fact get to spend a small infinity of their own together, and that that is something to celebrate.
In conclusion, I do recommend this book, not as a love story, tragedy, or something to cry because of, but as a book that shows thoughts in a story that are completely irrelevant to the main storyline, but on a deeper level, one that requires much thought sometimes, completely, and undeniably relevant.

I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1)
I Am Number Four: (Lorien Legacies Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 July 2013
This was a brilliant book. Perfectly paced, with many exciting things happening, there are mysteries a nd secrets, romance and heart break. This is one of the few books that has made me cry.

H.I.V.E. 8: Deadlock
H.I.V.E. 8: Deadlock

5.0 out of 5 stars Omfg, 10 Jun. 2013
That was the best book I have read in a long time! It had surprises and suspense and even a little romance. It has a brilliant ending and a great set up for the next book! I cannot wait for the next book in the series!!

That Wedding (That Boy Book 2)
That Wedding (That Boy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T, 6 Jun. 2013
I completely and utterly adored this book!! It has a great storyline and is easy to follow. It has loads of romance which I loved and has anticipation and surprises. I would say that it is not a children's book and would say it to be at least a 12+.
I do highly recommend it to girls though. A great ending to a great series though. I am sad that it is over but I love the way that it ended. I am really happy with this book, and highly recommend it!!

That Boy
That Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: That Boy (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best and saddest and happiest books I have ever read!! It has a brilliant ending and twists and turns along the way. It has loads of romance which is a great book for me because I love romance books. I won't spoil it but it is definitely worth reading!! I highly recommend it but not for little kids!! 12+ is my recommendation.

Spook's: Slither's Tale: Book 11 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
Spook's: Slither's Tale: Book 11 (The Wardstone Chronicles)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Jun. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It had loads of suspense and action, it also had surprises and even a hint of romance. We meet lots of new characters here but we also see some old characters we have met before. It was really exciting and I loved it. Beautifully written and a great storyline. I recommend this book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4