Profile for Acartartanius > Reviews

High School Musical Original Soundtrack
High School Musical Original Soundtrack
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Bad, 26 Aug 2007
High School Musical is being talked about by teenager's everywhere, so I was determined to see what it was like. I asked someone I knew (who is obsessed with it) If I could borrow their copy of the soundtrack - And now I wish I hadn't. For staters the actual music is just over-used up beat dance tracks. With some weak mordern R and B thrown in. The things kicks of with a song entitled "Start of Something New". The song is merely just a badly written, horribly sang pop song. The vocals are very poor, there are signs of lack of emotion (in all the tracks). The second one, which is more of an R and B tune, is well irritating. The whole trainers squeeking in the back ground is simply annoying beyond beliefe. The "Gota getcha getcha getcha head in the game" just proves how weak and simplistic these lyrics really are. There is nothing fantastic about any of the songs - the ones sang by the blond girl are deffinatly the worst - she can sing...she's just horrible at it. I can't understand why something with such weak music, singing and lyrics has become to popular. I'm a pretty open minded person when it comes to music I listen to Metal, Rock, Rap, Punk, Pop, Dance, Classical, Reagge, World music, Folk, Eletronic ect but I can honestly say this should be left as a mat for your cup of tea.

In Sorte Diaboli
In Sorte Diaboli

3.0 out of 5 stars A good, strong album but it's a little boring at times., 26 Aug 2007
This review is from: In Sorte Diaboli (Audio CD)
In Sorte Diaboli is a good hard album. It has some excellent tracks of it such as The Serpentine Offering and The Invaluble Darkness, but after awhile it begins to become a little boring and you'll find your self picking about 6 out of the 9 songs every time you listen to it. While Dimmu Borgir are moving away from the traditional Black Metal sound, this album is missing the sort of Black, Idustrial and Thrash Metal sound Death Cult Armageddon possesed. The lyrics on this album seem a little weak at times, but for the most part their ok.

Shagrath's vocals are still as good as they were on the previous titles and Vortex is continuing to add some really intreaging pieces to the songs he sings in. Hellhammers drumming sounds good, but I prefer Nicks. Silenoz and Glader's guitar work still has the industrial Metal sound to it, which I like. And Mustis' work of the keyboard still impresses me. So what wrong with it? Well for starters the tracks to sound a bit similar, and they get a little boring after a while. The Serpentine Offering is the stand-out track on the album it's certainly the best. The chanting in some songs was a nice affect aswell, I don't think their were any solo's on this album so I was a tad disapointed by that as well. The acctual story, about the priest, is nothing more than a nice little read.

Overall, it's a good album that I would reccomend to others - truly enjoyable, but at certain times boring and repeative.