Profile for Lady Boss > Reviews

Lady Boss

The Lethal Ladies Society: The Wolf Prince- Book 2
The Lethal Ladies Society: The Wolf Prince- Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first!, 15 Dec. 2015
The first installment was an introduction to the characters, but the action really starts in this, the second book. I like the fact that they are quick, engaging reads. I can't wait to read the third.

The Lethal Ladies Society: The Wolf Prince- Book 1
The Lethal Ladies Society: The Wolf Prince- Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start., 15 Dec. 2015
The beginning of a story that will be told in a short serial format like articles in Victorian England's newspapers. The stories are bite-sized and can be devoured during a lunch break or a snatched hour between tasks. I've read the first two and eagerly await the third.

Kylie in the City- Book 1 (New Adult/ Chick-Lit Romance)
Kylie in the City- Book 1 (New Adult/ Chick-Lit Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 Dec. 2015
A sweet, funny read! I look forward to the next the installment.

By His Desire
By His Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy billionaire., 7 July 2012
This review is from: By His Desire (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the better billionaire stories that have been circulating since the Fifty Shades of Grey phenomenon. It's about unrequited young love and that always makes a good read. The puppy moment was the cutest, but you will have to read it to find out.

Another high recommendation.

Final Call (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 4)
Final Call (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on form!, 28 Aug. 2011
This book was more like the first two in the series. I devoured it in one sitting! Terri Reid knows how to spin a good yarn and I just love the way she writes. Mary is one of the best characters I've ever come across in a book and the supporting cast are equally likeable. I downloaded a sample of The Ghosts of New Orleans, but I'm undecided whether to buy it or not. It has a great starting, but it feels too close to recent events for me to read comfortably. I'll probably just wait for the fifth in this series.

Never Forgotten (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 3)
Never Forgotten (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 28 Aug. 2011
After reading Loose End, I immediately bought the others books in the series. I loved the first two books, but this one lacks something for me. It was enjoyable, but just not as good as the ones I'd read before. This book was a little darker than the others and it didn't sit that well with me. There were also some editing errors which I hadn't noticed in the previous two. It could be that I was more engrossed in them. I'm not sure that the story line fit in with what I've read of the series so far.

Good Tidings (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 2)
Good Tidings (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect continuation!, 20 Aug. 2011
Sometimes I get a little scared to try another book by the same writer when I've really enjoyed the first one I've read. There was no need to be worried, Terri delivered in this second book in her Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery, and then some!

I think that this book may be even better than Loose Ends. I'm just about to start Never Forgotten and after that I'm going to read Final Call. I expect them to be just as enjoyable because I really like the way Terri Reid writes.

Loose Ends (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 1)
Loose Ends (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love, love, love it!, 20 Aug. 2011
My friend told me about the book. She has read all of Terri's books and is a huge fan. I bought it weeks ago in case the price went up but I didn't read it right away. I just finished a ghostly erotic book called Envy and remembered that I had Loose Ends still to read. As soon as I read it I bought the other three in the series.

I'm surprised how much I loved these books because they are quite clean romance and I like my romance novels to be steamy. The writing is addictive and I couldn't help but love the characters. I also love reading about the ghosts and their stories. Some of the stories are a little sad but overall these books have a feel good factor to them. Terri's humour is subtle but there are times I laughed real hard at one of her jokes. I love the concept of the books and I think by keeping the romance between Mary and the sexy police chief simmering just under the surface, Terri keeps readers interested and eager for more.

A new author to me but I have really enjoyed her writing.