Profile for Quack > Reviews

Rough Guide DIRECTIONS Tenerife
Rough Guide DIRECTIONS Tenerife
by Christian Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Authoritative, concise guide, 23 Oct. 2009
Useful and up-to-date. I bought this because I wanted to replace my Mini Rough Guide to Tenerife, which they don't seem to do anymore. A pity, because it was more detailed and stood out more from the other guides. I liked the Mini Guide's more thorough cultural, historical and background information, as well as more excursive descriptions and suggestions. In the end, I used both books on my last visit! Hope the Mini guide gets updated.

The Rough Guide to Canada (Rough Guide Travel Guides)
The Rough Guide to Canada (Rough Guide Travel Guides)
by Phil Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the sixth edition, 13 Dec. 2008
Can't agree with the other reviewers who found the book out-of-date. On looking more closely, I see they are referring to the LAST edition, not the present one. So it's their reviews which are out of date!
Found the book helpful, particularly the parts relating to Alberta and Saskatchewan, as well as Churchill. Other guides don't cover in as much detail, particularly the more remote areas. Very informative and useful.

The Rough Guide to Berlin - 7th edition
The Rough Guide to Berlin - 7th edition
by John Gawthrop

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a really up-to-date guide, 4 Dec. 2006
I had an earlier edition, well-thumbed, but have felt it was getting out-of-date. This new version at last rejigs the whole treatment of the central part of the city. It provides a logical approach for a walking tour for instance, great for becoming re-acquainted with parts of the city that have altered so much in recent years. A city that is on the move and changing so much needs a fresh approach like this. As a frequent visitor, I learned much, and look forward to getting the next edition. I won't hesitate so long again.