Profile for teknodom > Reviews

"teknodom"

The Complete Adventures Of The Style Council
The Complete Adventures Of The Style Council

5.0 out of 5 stars Long out of touch, 29 Aug 2003
Although I've been out of touch with my long-lost and beloved music of TSC, I am now getting myself back into my old groove. Anyone who is aching for something different, new and honest should not pass up The Style Council or the The Jam for that matter. With music becoming more stale with every passing day (much as it did during the Mod revival and punk explosion of the 70's and 80's), TSC still offers an exceptional musical option to counter the mainstream crap. I consider them to be the only true "Modernist" band of the 80's...if not even today. Even though most of the tunes are almost 20 years old, they remain as cool today as they were during their first release. Paul Weller is a timeless talent that will live on in the hearts of all Jam and TSC fans forever. I am as fond of my copy of "Introducing the Style Council" (on LP mind you) today, as I was when I first bought it in 1984. Although my Vespa is gone, as well as my wingtips, herringbone and Export A's, and my life has taken me to different places than I originally expected, TSC and The Jam are still two of the most symbiotically related and relevant bands influencing music today. I am disgustedly disappointed with Polydor for not releasing TSC's last album, but I hold out faith that the listening public will vote with their purchases. Paul and Mick deserve all the accolades and credit we can give them because they've earned it. Cheers to my British friends.