Profile for A. Cowell > Reviews

Content by A. Cowell

A. Cowell (Hythe, Kent United Kingdom)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars May have been good if it had arrived, 17 Feb 2009
This product looked like a lot of fun and I am sure it would have been if it had arrived. Sadly the product didn't arrive. The seller helpfully asked me to check with my post office to see if they had it. The didn't. Consequently I paid for a product that I never received. Shame.

Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC (Locke & Key (Idw))
Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC (Locke & Key (Idw))
by Joe Hill
Price: 13.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent, 10 Oct 2008
This is the first comic book series that I read in my return to comics after a 15 year absence and it is proof of how far they have come. Intelligent, poignant,emotional,shocking and thrilling in equal measure, Joe Hill has created a compelling and believable world - I am very much looking forward to the next episodes.

Belle And Sebastian: Fans Only [DVD] [2003]
Belle And Sebastian: Fans Only [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Isobel Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 Dec 2003
A superb DVD from a band that clearly understand what it means to be a fan. For anyone with even a passing interest in music I would recommend at least a viewing for the live-in-the-US version of "The boy with the arab strap" alone - Stuart forgets more than he remembers but the song utterly rocks. The fly on the wall footage is charming - every member of the band is cute, likeable and interesting and although as other reviewers have said, it can be a little like watching someones home videos, for some reason these ones just aren't boring.
Get it if you like em. If not, don't.

Son Of Evil Reindeer
Son Of Evil Reindeer
Price: 8.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer, touching genius, 25 Feb 2003
This review is from: Son Of Evil Reindeer (Audio CD)
An amazing album that from first listen blows you away. Gary Lightbody confirms all the suspicions that he is one of the best songwriters working today by coming up with an album full of great tunes that is much much more than the sum of its parts. The first 4 tracks are worth the admission price alone, and "Your Sweet Voice" is as touching a song as you will ever hear - I defy even the baldest person not to feel their hair stand on end when Gary sings "when you broke my heart you broke it into shards........of glass" and the guitar sings out the fantastic melody line. "Cartwheels" and "You are my Joy" are also testament to the sheer brilliance of this album which has comforted me through the winter, is heralding the springtime and I am sure will become the wallpaper for a fantastic summer. I implore you buy this now and keep it safe forever...