Profile for Styles > Reviews

Weber Chimney Starter
Offered by OnlineDeal24
Price: 39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use - Perfect, 24 April 2014
This is a great product. I always found that lighter fluid tainted whatever I was cooking on a barbecue (or at least that's how it tasted to me).
I've used this chminey numerous times now and am really please with how it works. A few sheets of paper in the bottom (no lighter fluid at all). Long match to light and that's it. You do have to be careful when using these things as they get hot (I wear gloves) and when you tip the burning coals into your barbecue you should think about which way the wind is blowing so you don't get sparks blowing onto you.
Very pleased with this.

Match Men's Retro Casual Cargo Trousers #3357 (Khaki,W38 x Regular)
Match Men's Retro Casual Cargo Trousers #3357 (Khaki,W38 x Regular)
Offered by Match_Garment
Price: 32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Loose in the waist, 8 Nov 2013
These trousers seem to be generous in the waist although the length was fine for me. I would say they're around 33.5" in length which works for me (at about 6' 2"). For 20 I'm pleased with their quality and, although the waist is a bit big (I could have gone with a size smaller) they're not bad at all. The only issue I have is with the draw strings at the cuffs of the trousers. Just no need in my life for them. I don't want to tie them tightly and I can't leave them untied or I end up walking on them.

Heston Blumenthal at Home
Heston Blumenthal at Home
by Heston Blumenthal
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No need for a science lab, 8 Nov 2013
This is the best book/cookbook I've read on cooking since McGee on Food and Cooking. Useful (and not overly long) information at the begnning of the book concerning the sense of taste (I didn't realise that salt can reduce bitterness) etc and useful information at the beginning of each section relating to methods of food preperation (e.g. white stocks vs brown stocks) and the reasoning behind them (e.g. lighter stock/lighter flavour vs deeper "roast" flavour).

Further, the recipes themselves are achievable. This is not the equivalent of trying to re-create Blumenthal at work with an airbrush spraying chocolate paint; there's no need for your kitchen to be a science lab or DIY enthusiast's for these recipes to work.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in cooking or simply interested in great recipes.

Night Monkey, Day Monkey
Night Monkey, Day Monkey
by Lucy Richards
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice bedtime book, 14 Oct 2013
A gentle tale of animals that come out in the day and those that come out at night. Being a big fan of monkeys my 22 month loves this story and it's become a bedtime favourite. Another good book from Julia Donaldson!

Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators in the Mystery of the Whispering Mummy
by Robert Arthur

4.0 out of 5 stars A good challenging read, 23 Sep 2013
The three investigator books are as I remeber them from my childhood and this is a good, challenging, book for my 8 year old. As it's advanced for him we read it together, which makes it all the better. Happy with the seller for this as well - book in excellent condition.

Blind Mice 5-Pack Crew-Cut Socks; Dots Design; Navy, Heather and Cream (24 - 36 months)
Offered by keikokids
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not "pairs" of socks, 23 Sep 2013
The quality of the socks is good. Thick cotton; they seem well made and durable. But... These are not "pairs" of socks as you would normally get in a high street shop. There are none that match precisely. The closest "match" are two socks that are the inverse of one another. In other words each sock is different. The quality is good but the non-matching element bothers me. It's as if I can't be bothered to properly dress my child!

Landmann 0204 Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Barbecue Tool Set (3 Pieces)
Landmann 0204 Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Barbecue Tool Set (3 Pieces)
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 10 Sep 2013
The tools are made from thin gauge aluminium which make the spatula and the tongs flimsy. The tongs don't grip food particulalry well.

Kombat Fully Waterproof Single Coated Nylon Basha 250 x 170cm DPM
Kombat Fully Waterproof Single Coated Nylon Basha 250 x 170cm DPM
Offered by CamoOutdoor - The Sports & Camouflage Outfitters
Price: 13.37

4.0 out of 5 stars A little leaky, 10 Sep 2013
Well made tarp although the waterproofing at the seams lets it down. The brass eyelets are a nice feature and it makes a good tent/shelter but I wouldn't want to rely on it keeping me- or anything under it- completely dry in a serious downpour.

Landmann 10900 Long Handled 3-in-1 Barbecue Grill Brush
Landmann 10900 Long Handled 3-in-1 Barbecue Grill Brush
Offered by PreisCompany
Price: 17.22

4.0 out of 5 stars The angle...., 10 Sep 2013
A good cleaning brush although the oblique angle (ending in the flat metal scraper) makes it difficult to really scrub the surface of a barbecue. Happy with its robustness.

La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup
La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup
Offered by Bright Sparks Store
Price: 33.12

5.0 out of 5 stars No more broken glass, 27 Jun 2013
Having been through a number of cafetieres over the years this one is the best so far in terms of durability and heat retention. I generally don't let coffee stand around so can't comment on heat retention after about 30 minutes but this seems to keep coffee hot for that long at least. Best part is the durability. Easy to use, the same as any other cafetiere to clean (and fine in the dishwasher) and will hopefully stand the test of time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3