Profile for Queen Bee > Reviews

Content by Queen Bee

Queen Bee (UK & Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (1) (Frieda Klein Series)
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (1) (Frieda Klein Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Mar. 2012
This was the first Nicci French novel I have read and maybe it will be the last. I had high hopes of a great psychological novel but found the writing disjointed & the content dubious at times. All in all definitely only a 2 star offering. The story just didn't seem to "hang together" and was very weak and uninspiring and I found the writing quite stilted at times. It was an effort to finish reading it.
I think I may have picked the worst book in their repertoire as reviews for many of their books are excellent.

Fireman Sam Diecast Vehicle with Sound - Jupiter
Fireman Sam Diecast Vehicle with Sound - Jupiter

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for....., 26 Feb. 2012
.... Fireman Sam fans. This is a very sturdy die cast toy fire engine with Sam sitting inside.
It has been reviewed as being small, but die cast toy vehicles aren't usually large as they would be very heavy for a child to carry if they were. This toy is good value for money as it will far outlast it's larger plastic comparables costing just as much.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2012 4:47 PM GMT

DinoSauria Box Set - Wild Republic
DinoSauria Box Set - Wild Republic
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Model dinosaurs, 13 Feb. 2012
This is a fabulous set of model dinosaurs, very well made and true to life. A must for any dinosaur fan.

WOW Toys Ernie Fire Engine
WOW Toys Ernie Fire Engine

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Wow toy, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: WOW Toys Ernie Fire Engine (Toy)
As with all the Wow toys, this fire engine needs no batteries. It is robust and virtually unbreakable. This is the third Ernie I have bought as it was such a success with the two previous recipients.
The engine has a strong traction and moves beautifully along, the figure can sit in the cab or fight the fire from the top of the turntable ladder. All in all a great toy for a child of 1 year plus.

Panasonic KX-TG6624EB Quad Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of phones but .........., 13 Feb. 2012
213 reviewers rated these phones 4 or 5 star and I would not argue with that. We have found them excellent, great features, great looking, great battery power etc etc. However the one failing we have found is that the answerphone does not seem compatible with our Virgin Media phone line. We had this problem to a lesser extent with our old BT Freelance phones. There would be a loud noise at the start of the recording which could be heard by the caller and by us listening to the message. However after trying to get NTL (as it was then) to do something about it we met a brick wall and put up with this slight annoyance.
Buying new phones with an answerphone, we did wonder about the messaging system. Disappointedly the Panasonic is much worse and we we now get a screeching noise and the message left sounds as if has been left by a computer generated robot. Before I have a "go" at Virgin Media again I wondered whether anyone else has had this problem. I must add that our line, originally BT, was changed when we changed to cable and the company was Diamond cable, so quite old. Do you think this may be the problem? Would really appreciate anyone's input.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2012 10:21 AM GMT

Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Cookbook (Good Houekeeping)
Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Cookbook (Good Houekeeping)
by Good Housekeeping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cook book, 14 Jan. 2012
Ideal cookery book for beginner and more advanced cook. I have had my copy for about 15 years and have bought it as a gift for so many people. Every one of them praises it and uses it constantly. The recipes are interesting and straightforward and easy to follow. Certainly the best of the various cookery books I own. In fact you need only one and this should be it.

WOW Toys Roll-it Riley
WOW Toys Roll-it Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Wow toy, 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: WOW Toys Roll-it Riley (Toy)
This is a fairly new addition to the Wow range. It is great for the smaller child, makes a lovely rattley noise as it is pushed along. It is a big hit with our 16 mth. old grandson.
As usual with the Wow toys it is very well made and looks indestructible.

Melissa & Doug Vehicle Stamp Set
Melissa & Doug Vehicle Stamp Set
Offered by Premier Life Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Stamping set, 1 Sept. 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I must rate this stamping set as average. The concept is very good but the whole set is smaller than one imagines. The stamps are nice but very small. A young child would have difficulty crayonning in the vehicles and road signs. Maybe more suitable for an older child. Fewer but larger stamps and pads would make this a more acceptable toy.

The De Clerambault Code
The De Clerambault Code
by Nora Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing, 3 July 2011
This is one of the worst, or even the worst, thriller/crime novel I have read. I persevered with it as the other reviews were so good and thought I must be missing something along the way.
The writing was dreadful, the author used every cliche known to man at least 2 or 3 times. The plot just didn't hang together, there seemed to be three scenarios each of which didn't link in with the other two.
I could not find any other offerings by this author and assume she has produced nothing else worth publishing.
I am absolutely amazed at the other reviewer's comments.

Playmobil 4221 City Action Emergency Ambulance
Playmobil 4221 City Action Emergency Ambulance
Offered by Wise Owl Toys Dorchester

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great toy from Playmobil, 17 Mar. 2011
As expected this ambulance is up to the usual high standard of Playmobil. There are lots of small parts (I.V. drips, bandages etc) but these can be saved until the child is old enough to appreciate them.
Along with the "child in a wheelchair" and "hospital room" this set allows plenty of opportunity for role play following the road traffic accident through to the patient being admitted to the hospital ward. Great stuff!
Comment Comment | Permalink