Profile for Queen Bee > Reviews

Content by Queen Bee

Queen Bee (UK & Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Fireman Sam Action Childrens Welly (7 UK Infant)
Fireman Sam Action Childrens Welly (7 UK Infant)
Offered by clothes2shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 25 Feb. 2013
Great boots for a Fireman Sam fan. Made from nice quality rubber and look to be very hard wearing. My little grandson wanted to wear them indoors too.

Grave Truths
Grave Truths

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful book, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Grave Truths (Kindle Edition)
I am still trying to work out how someone gave this book 5 stars. For me it was poorly written, weak story (in fact very little story at all), dull characters and all in all a very miserable read. It couldn't possibly be regarded as a psychological thriller - there was no suspense & no thrills in fact very little of anything. I was waiting for something exciting to happen, when the book ended. Definitely one of the worst books I have ever read.

Cemetery Girl
Cemetery Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful book, 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
This was possibly the worst book I have ever read. It was supposed to be a psychological thriller - I think not. I felt the author somehow got lost, lost the thread of his original intention. There were so many unanswered questions .... is this what is supposed to make it "psychological" - scenarios just left in the air? The ending matched the quality of what went before - awful.
I hate giving bad reviews, and as I am usually good at selecting my reading matter I don't often have to, but this was a really disappointing read.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware..., 24 Jan. 2013
... that these over shoes actually do have steel/metal crampons on their underside. Maybe I was naive in thinking I could wear them to walk to the shops. The crampons are so sharp you need to remove them before you enter any home or business. They would tear up or score carpet, tiles or wood flooring. Okay for ramblers I suppose but not for nipping down the shops. One reviewer made a good point also re sizing. I take an 8 shoe and had to really struggle to fit the large overshoes on my regular shoes.

The Narrow Search (Bello)
The Narrow Search (Bello)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book, 13 Jan. 2013
Awful writing and awful story line. Guess I only bought this as it was cheap or free - not quite sure which. Not at all tense, as a previous reviewer said, but almost laughable and unbelievably strange. Give this one a miss.

Disney Pixar Cars 2 - Grem
Disney Pixar Cars 2 - Grem

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cars fans, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Disney Pixar Cars 2 - Grem (Toy)
Sturdy die cast car, a must for all "Cars" fans. Well made and accurate.Not the cheapest of toys but Disney are always overpriced

I Like This Poem: A Collection of Best-loved Poems Chosen by Children for Other Children in Aid of the International Year of the Child (Puffin Books)
by Kaye Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's classic, 11 Dec. 2012
My daughter had the first edition of this as a 5/6yr old. She absolutely loved it and it was the first of many poetry books we bought her and started off her love of poetry. I am now ordering it for her 6 yr old son who seems to be leaning in the same direction as his mother.
The poems are by various authors, some well known others not so well known. There is a great variety of poems to suit all tastes - amusing verse, scary verse and old favourites. I particularly liked to read why an individual child chose his/her poem, as each poem was at least one child's first choice.
Great that it is still in print & available.

Delaware Fir 6ft (182cm) Artificial Pre-Lit Christmas Tree (Hinged)
Delaware Fir 6ft (182cm) Artificial Pre-Lit Christmas Tree (Hinged)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pre-lit Xmas tree, 8 Dec. 2012
The tree takes about 35 - 40 minutes to assemble and adjust but once up it looks extremely nice. It is very full and bushy and has plenty of lights. In truth I think the only niggle I would have is that 300 lights is maybe too many - okay if you don't have many baubles to hang. The base is very stable and the tree stands very straight upright unlike our previous one which had the tendency to lean. All in all a good buy & extremely fast delivery.

Crabtree & Evelyn Floral Shower Gel Set
Crabtree & Evelyn Floral Shower Gel Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but ....., 27 Nov. 2012
..... was disappointed with the packaging as there was a large sticker on the front declaring £25 - £20 off. As this was a Christmas gift I needed to remove said sticker. This however proved quite difficult and left a sticky mess on the box. I now feel unable to give this to its intended recipient unless I can find a suitable Christmas sticker to cover it up. Quite annoying.
Having said this I assume the shower gels will be up to Crabtree and Evelyn's normal standard.

How to Bake
How to Bake
by Paul Hollywood

4.0 out of 5 stars How to Bake, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: How to Bake (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully illustrated cookery book, a picture for every recipe. The instructions are easy to follow and if you stick exactly to the times and amounts success is more or less guaranteed. Lots of recipes to choose from. However I must point out that there is a very large amount of bread recipes and fewer pie and cake ones. If you are a keen bread baker then this is the book for you. However if, like me, cakes and pies are more your forte then there are better books on the market.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9