Profile for KT > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Video Sensor Monitor
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Video Sensor Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with our choice., 27 Dec. 2015
We have been using this monitor for 21 months now and will hopefully switch soon to use it with a new baby.
Pros
It is great to be able to see your baby whenever you need. If they cry, stir or as they get bigger decide to climb around the cot at nap time, you can monitor it all and go in as necessary. I can't imagine only hearing our daughter as Id be going in all day long unnecessarily. Some people claim you'll become obsessed staring at the screen. Total nonsense. If you're obsessed you're an obsessed person. Nothing to do with the kit.

You can speak to your child through your monitor to reassure, though it is loud so talk quietly. We've done this for ages so it works for us. Some say it scares their child. Start early and its fine. Great when I need to tell her off for misbehaving at nap time. Works a treat.

You can turn off the picture bit making it into just a sound monitor and conserving battery. Then when you need to see baby you just press a button.

Reasonable range. We used it originally in a 3 storey house with baby on top floor and was fine. Also used out in garden, but it needs to be on the side of the house where baby is. If you go to the other side of the house it can lose the link.

Cons
The sensor mat can be a bit rubbish and will go off all the time. We only used the mat when she first went into her own room (around 5 months old) until she was just over 1 and I felt happier that she was over the most likely period of SIDS. She used to lie in the middle until the time we removed it when she could move around loads. It would go off even when she lay in the middle. Not sure If it was her breathing or the kit but v annoying. It's not abnormal for newborns to have apnea but they should grow out of it. She was also a very shallow breather and I'm not sure the kit could pick it up. Made me a bit neurotic something was wrong with her when it wasn't. With the next baby we may never use the mat. My sibling had a different monitor with a mat and also complained it went off all the time.

Occasionally the parent unit will just go off. It will come back on once you press it on or bang it with your hand, but there is obviously a loose connection somewhere. It's been doing this for months but is otherwise working fine.

In summary we are very happy with our choice and as we have used it daily for years we have def got our money's worth. Hopefully we will continue to use it with our new baby but if it breaks I feel it has done well to last daily use for 21 months (including lots of travel to family, friends and on holidays). My friends all have angelcare sound monitor and I feel it must be severely lacking without the video or the ability to talk to their child. For a bit extra this has so many more features.

Opus 50 ml Aquaint Sanitising Water
Opus 50 ml Aquaint Sanitising Water

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Dec. 2015
Very handy to have and my toddler loves using it.

Thomas & Friends Radio Control Thomas
Thomas & Friends Radio Control Thomas
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit!, 8 Dec. 2015
Bought for a 21 month old. He likes it a lot and other children were very interested in it too. Goes quite fast.

Replacement Pump For Cat Mate Cat Fountain
Replacement Pump For Cat Mate Cat Fountain
Offered by Kettering Koi & Ponds Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Nov. 2015
Replaced our broken pump and works well.

SCANPART Universal Permanent Coffee Filter, Size 4, Gold
SCANPART Universal Permanent Coffee Filter, Size 4, Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Nov. 2015
Does what it says.

Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong and What You Really Need to Know
by Emily Oster

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I bought when pregnant., 31 Oct. 2014
Amazing book. Only came out when I was in my second trimester and would have been helpful from the start. Was still really useful especially regarding which foods you can eat.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Short trousers but otherwise lovely., 31 Oct. 2014
Lovely outfit, however the trousers are short and barely go over her bottom. It won't be long before she is out of them but the jacket and t shirt can be used for a while. My baby is almost 8 months.

100x Grey Mailing Courier Postal Bags - 6" x 9"
100x Grey Mailing Courier Postal Bags - 6" x 9"
Offered by J4 Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 28 Sept. 2014
Fit a small parcel and can but folded if smaller than the bag.

100 Clear Polythene Disposable Gloves Smooth Size LARGE Food Safe
100 Clear Polythene Disposable Gloves Smooth Size LARGE Food Safe
Offered by Anything 4 Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 28 Sept. 2014
Thin but they do the job.

Junior Joy Wet Nappy Bag
Junior Joy Wet Nappy Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 28 Sept. 2014
Good value. I use it to line our cloth nappy pail (think the pail is14l). It does the job but the drawstring doesn't work. It holds two days worth of nappies and likely a bit more. Will try it with 3 days worth soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3