Profile for Seaslave1 > Reviews

Content by Seaslave1

Seaslave1 (South Yorks, England)

Moon Garden
Moon Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little read, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Moon Garden (Kindle Edition)
Such a sweet magical story easily read on holiday. I would have given it 5 stars but the feeling of wanting to strangle some sense into Rufus throughout the story left me constantly frustrated. Hence the 4 stars. Quaint little story though with a cheerful ending.

Lords Of Dogtown [DVD]
Lords Of Dogtown [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Robinson
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Skateboarding and surfing at its best ever!, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lords Of Dogtown [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be one of my all time favourite films. Heath Ledger at his best, deserved an oscar for his performance. The soundtrack throughout the film is fitting for the era, as well as the deep rock vibe running through it too. If you love surfing and skating, this is the best film of this genre. A true life biography of the skateboard era of the 70's. If you're a lover of skate and surf, this is the film for you

3M Scotch Pink Advanced Tape Glider & Tape-.25"X36 Yards 2/Pkg
3M Scotch Pink Advanced Tape Glider & Tape-.25"X36 Yards 2/Pkg
Offered by PLEXSUPPLY-USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 6 Mar 2014
Worth every penny. A little fiddly to insert tape, but easy once you've done it once. Well sticky and works every time, unlike hundreds of little snail ones I have used before. Lasts ages too x

Nigella Express
Nigella Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with Jamie, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nigella Express (Kindle Edition)
Another one of our best British chefs. Nigella never ceases to fail in the kitchen. This woman is amazing and I don't care what she does in her private life. She is my true Domestic Goddess. Thanks Nigella!

One Little Speck: The Remarkable Story of One Woman's Journey from Rock Bottom to Recovery

1.0 out of 5 stars Wallowing in self-pity, 23 Sep 2013
I love a rags to riches book (this obviously from a ragged life to a sort of rich one) but this woman has only herself to blame for her pathetic life. Does she think she's the only one to ever have had an appalling childhood. Thousands of other children have the same kind of upbringing, but do not wallow in their own self pity and blame it on their parents. She chose to stick with these people, no matter how bad they treated her. Her weakness and spineless decisions are obvious throughout the story. I couldn't help but shake my head as I closed the back cover and think that I had just wasted some of my valuable holiday time on this rubbish. I am generous with the one star.....

The Final Winter: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel
The Final Winter: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting read, 20 Sep 2013
This didn't pan out into how I imagined. Thought it would be another 'Day after Tomorrow' type. Nice twists and turns and more than one baddies with lots of skeletons in the cupboard. Good read xx

Solstice at Stonewylde: Book 3 (Stonewylde Series)
Solstice at Stonewylde: Book 3 (Stonewylde Series)
by Kit Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic lives on!, 1 Feb 2008
Let me sit beneath the old Yew and breath in the magic of Stonewylde. Let me watch the love between Yul and Sylvie blossom like the flowers before me. Take me to Stonewylde and let me learn the ways of the Village folk.

You truly are a magician Kit as you weave your tales of love, life and mystery within our lives.

Please hurry with book 4, the wait is killing me.

Ss xx

Moondance of Stonewylde: Book 2 (Stonewylde Series)
Moondance of Stonewylde: Book 2 (Stonewylde Series)
by Kit Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars More,more, more............Stonewylde!, 1 Feb 2008
Oh Kit, how could you do this to me? After reading Magus I went straight on to Moondance only to be left with a tear srteaked face, chewed nails and bald patches. What an ending! I will now continue with Solstice at Stonewylde and hope I dont end up in the same condition.

Brilliant writing, excellent research. I cannot recommend these books enough. If there is a real Stonewylde out there, I want to go.

Blessings

The Real Witches' Kitchen: Spells, Recipes, Oils, Lotions and Potions from the Witches' Hearth
by Kate West

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !!, 27 Jan 2007
Yet again Kate West produces another piece of perfection. I am awaiting yet another of hers to arrive to add to my collection. Her books are great to have handy for quick reference. Mine are in the kitchen with the other cook books.

Kate's writing flows easily and is perfect for beginners and experienced wiccans alike. I cannot emphasize enough, how enjoyable her books are to read and practice

Advanced Photography
Advanced Photography
by Michael Langford

5.0 out of 5 stars STUDENTS SAVIOUR, 4 Feb 2003
This review is from: Advanced Photography (Paperback)
This book is an absolute godsend for any photographic student. Simple to understand, with plenty of diagrams and text covering every aspect of photography that you would need to know, and is suitable for all levels of photography. It has, and will continue to be a fantastic help to me, throughout my next two years of study.