Profile for R. Boyer-Willisson > Reviews

Content by R. Boyer-Willisson

R. Boyer-Willisson "Renee, The Kiwi Tyger" (London)

Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World
Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World
by Bob Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read for fence-sitters!, 5 Mar. 2007
Straight-forward, plain talking, with plenty of practical advice, this book is a must-read for anyone thinking of going vegan, or newly vegan. It really helped me clarify my own thinking, and gave me useful strategies to deal with the daily practicalities of being vegan in a largely carnivorous world. Although many of the specific products mentioned are for the American market,the advice is invaluable, and the extensive referencing gives plenty of scope for further, more detailed personal research.

As a new vegan, I would have been lost without this book, but it has consolidated my resolve, and my belief that my choice has been the right one for me. I would also recommend this book if someone you know has just gone vegan, and you want to understand why.

Tofu power!

So help me dog
So help me dog
by Joe Bennett

4.0 out of 5 stars One for the loo..., 15 Aug. 2006
This review is from: So help me dog (Paperback)
This is a collection of Joe Bennet's newspaper columns, and, along with the following volumes, makes a great addition to anyone's bathroom. It's smaller than a newspaper, but the individual columns are short enough to finish without half the house banging the door down to get in. Mostly focussing on his adventures with his dogs, it is lighthearted, but brings up some thought-provoking issues

For the most part, the columns are very funny, with just the right amount of cynicism and drollery injected. The occasional dud doesn't put you off as the pace always picks up with the next.

I guarantee, place a copy of this book in the bathroom, and wait to hear the chuckles eminating through the door!