Profile for Kevin Trebell > Reviews

Content by Kevin Trebell
Top Reviewer Ranking: 792

Kevin Trebell (Cornwall, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Walking Dead Volume 25: No Turning Back
The Walking Dead Volume 25: No Turning Back
by Robert Kirkman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Waling Dead is getting back in its stride., 5 Jun. 2016
I've been reading this series since the start and always really enjoyed it but I felt that it had started to tread water of late and wasn't really going anywhere.

The introduction of the whisperers definitely started to pick things up again and the shock end to volume 24 was excellent and finally shook the series out of its malaise.

This volume continues that as the repercussions of those events are felt and Rick and company have to decide how they are going to respond to this and Rick consults an old "friend" on where to go next.

With this and volume 24 I'd say the series is back on form.

Samsung Micro USB 3.0 Data Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - White
Samsung Micro USB 3.0 Data Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - White
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced and very handy charging cable, 5 Jun. 2016
I got this as an extra charger for my Galaxy note 3 to go in my car.

I'm pleased with it it works perfectly and allows me to charge my note whilst listening to audio books on my in car radio. Very good price for a handy accessory.

Draper 24776 Cleaning Caddy/ Tote Tray
Draper 24776 Cleaning Caddy/ Tote Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and solidly made, 5 Jun. 2016
We got this as a caddy for all our cleaning gibbons. This is exactly what we needed. Cheap yet robust and a good size allowing us to carry all our man bits.

Asus VS248HR 24 inch 1 ms Gaming Monitor, 1920 x 1080, HDMI, DVI, VGA, 250 cd/m2
Offered by T3i Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed to improve my experience,, 5 Jun. 2016
I got this one in order to be able to dual screen my PC but also because I've stuck with an old 900P monitor for ages.

I'm very pleased with it, I've connected it via HDMI and it's exactly what I wanted. Native 1080P, nice range of colours, decent contrast and good referesh rate.

Finally I can see my games more how they are meant to be seen these days and the extra screen real estate makes a real difference in games like Total War.

Overall ideal as a new primary monitor and allowing me to now dual screen at a very good price.

O'Tom Tick Twister Silicone Grip
O'Tom Tick Twister Silicone Grip

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes ticks with ease., 30 May 2016
This review is from: O'Tom Tick Twister Silicone Grip
we got this wen our male cat started coming home with ticks (he goes further out into long grass at this time of year).

this worked perfectly, the ticks come off so cleanly and nothing is left behind. it's a good product.

Dark Souls III (PS4)
Dark Souls III (PS4)
Offered by Arancia Eoutlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging , engrossing and with even slicker gameplay, 7 May 2016
This review is from: Dark Souls III (PS4) (Video Game)
I've been playing this game for 48 hours now as I wanted to give it a thorough amount of time in the story, in PVE, in PVP in experiencing the convenants etc before reviewing it.

Having done that I can say I'm very pleased with it. I think it has overtaken Dark Souls 2 and Demon's in my list of favourite souls games , is behind Dark Souls 1 and equal to Bloodborne,

The game continues in the deeply challenging and engrossing style of the Souls series and now has a slightly faster feel, perhaps borrowing something from Bloodborne.

Once again the world is beautifully realised. This time though there is a central hub connecting the world, similar to the Nexus in Demon's Souls, though you can travel between many areas once your begun to explore (and there is a handy warp function right from the start this time).

As with previous games you can summon others to help you in a game, or to duel with but you must be "embered" (human in Dark Souls) to do so. This comes with the risk of being invaded and, on PS4 especially, the healthy server population means this is very frequent. It makes for a varied and fun experience and is helped with the existence of the Blue Sentinals (players who join a convenant that means they can be summoned at any time to help fellow players). This time your health reduces when not embered, a throwback to the original souls game Demon's Souls, a little touch that increases the challenge even further.

I'm happy to say this is another outstanding game. It looks lovely, it plays smoothly it's challenging and it's engrossing. My favourite series of all time delivers another quality game.

Funko POP Heroes: Judge Dredd
Funko POP Heroes: Judge Dredd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to see a Pop of our biggest comic book character, 30 April 2016
I've got a few of the pop vinyl figures over the years but never one based on our own UK comics figures. Dredd is the equal of anything from overseas and it's brilliant to see him get one. It's a good character, could use a little more facial detail but overall very happy with it.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Limited Edition Dark Side Artwork Sleeve) [Blu-ray ] [2015]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable return for Star Wars, 18 April 2016
Along with millions of others I went to the cinema in December to see this new sequel to the most beloved sci-fi trilogy of my childhood. I enjoyed it hugely but, as with many others, had a slight niggling feeling that they were re-covering a lot of ground in setting up the new story.

Now I've got this Blu Ray edition though , I've watched it again and found that, if anything, it was better on a second viewing. That familiarity has drawn me back into the series and made it feel 100% Star Wars but at the same time there is a new story here, some wonderful new characters and I really have no idea where it's going to go (but am sure it won't be a rehash from here).

Visual it's lovely, it's constantly exciting, it's funny at times and has some of my favourite characters from any film series.

This Blu Ray also comes with a second disk with a number of special features and deleted scenes. The main "making of" documentary is excellent, very interesting seeing how they went about bringing Star Wars back to life and how they returned to physical effects to recapture the true feel of Star wars.

For me a big success and a must own and I can't wait to see where they go with this now.

X-Men: Days of Future Past [DVD] [2014]
X-Men: Days of Future Past [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and fun, a great follow up to first class., 17 April 2016
This X-Men movie adapts one of my favourite ever X-Men storylines and also bring together the original older X-Men cast with their younger counter-parts from "first class".

I found the film to be excellent. It's certainly a darker tale with and older Magneto and Professor X in a ruined future world where mutants have been haunted to extinction and the First Class versions set in the past and visited by Wolverine who is sent back into his younger body to help avert the coming tragedy.

Over all a good film, a whole host of X-Men on display, a good story, great actors and it flies along. Great film.

Blink 10ml Intensive Tears Plus Liquid Gel
Blink 10ml Intensive Tears Plus Liquid Gel
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Help keep my eye moist and comfortable., 17 April 2016
I've got these to help me keep my eyes moist. I've recently found I've had blepharitis for ages which was causing me lots of pain and problems.

That's now well on the way to be treated but I find I'm very prone to dry eyes now so wanted an eye drop to help with that.

These are doing the job perfectly. They leave my eyes blurry for a few minutes after use but then keep them comfortable for a good long while afterwards.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20