Profile for Kevin Trebell > Reviews

Content by Kevin Trebell
Top Reviewer Ranking: 729
Helpful Votes: 2087

Kevin Trebell (Cornwall, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
D'Addario NB1253 Nickel Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light
D'Addario NB1253 Nickel Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality string from D'Addario., 28 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using D'Addario phosphorus bronze strings on my Martin OM for a few years now and I love them. I love the ring to them, the tone and the feel and I also love how well they stay in tune.

These came at the ideal time as I needed a change and these fit the bill. They are different, they still feel lovely but they produce a slightly lighter and warmer tone than the ones I've been using. I don't know if I prefer them but to me they are a nice change and still very lovely to play and listen to.

I feel you can't go wrong with D'Addario and am very pleased with them.

Preacher Book 6 TP (Preacher (DC Comics))
Preacher Book 6 TP (Preacher (DC Comics))
by Garth Ennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Ends the series on a high, excellent., 28 Jun. 2016
Inspired by the TV show I finally got around to reading this whole series and I have to say I can't believe I waited so long.

This final part brings the whole thing to a close resolving the stories of Jessie, or Tulip, of Cassidy, of the Grail and of the Saint. It's explosive, paced well and a brilliant read.

It's very different to the TV show and, for me, a lot better. I didn't initially take to book one many years ago but I can honestly say it developed into one of my favourites series of all time. A classic.

3M(TM) Precise(TM) Mouse Mat with Leatherette Gel Wrist Rest - Silver - 22.1cm x 23.4cm x 1.9cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm and flexible and smooth, enabling easy mouse use, 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using an older wrist protecting mat like this for a while and needed a new one so was very keen to try this out.

The back of the mat is a shiny smooth plastic that grips well to the desk. The other side is a smooth Matt finish over which the mouse glides very freely and makes for a very good surface for an IR mouse as I am using.

The material itself feels soft and yet holds your wrist smoothly in place as you work and I find it a much more comfortable alternative to floating my wrist over the mouse.

Overall a very worthwhile thing to have and worth considering if you don't have one.

Preacher Book 2 TP
Preacher Book 2 TP
by Garth Ennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Preacher really picks up with this second volume , very enjoyable, 5 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Preacher Book 2 TP (Paperback)
I read volume one some time ago and, whilst I enjoyed it, I wasn't yet totally blown away (though I did find it funny and fun).

Having watched the pilot of the new show I decided to come back to it and try volume 2 and I'm glad I did. The whole thing really picks up here as Preacher goes in search Cassidy who is being held by The Grail and we learn more about that conspiracy and it's purpose.

Once again it's irreverent, violent, excessive and downright fun. I worried I might be getting too old to enjoy it but not at all, it's still brilliant. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series from here.

Green Arrow TP Vol 5 Black Arrow
Green Arrow TP Vol 5 Black Arrow
by Mike Grell

5.0 out of 5 stars Oliver faces some of his darkest moments as Grells run on Green Arrow continues., 5 Jun. 2016
The recent reprint of the entire Mike Grell run on Green Arrow (my personal favourite Arrow era) continues with volume 5 now released.

This volume returns Oliver to Alaska to investigate an oil spill and the causes and attempts to bury it by the giant corporations. The story is fairly political and addresses corporate and environmental concerns that have in no way diminished and are more relevant than ever. Following this Oliver finds himself biting off more than he can chew and needing Dina more than ever. His dealing with the repercussion and his increasing understanding of Dina's ordeal as a result make for some really interesting reading.

Overall this continues the mature theme of Grells run, continues to develop his version of the characters and their relationship and makes for a good read.

The Walking Dead Volume 25: No Turning Back
The Walking Dead Volume 25: No Turning Back
by Robert Kirkman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Waling Dead is getting back in its stride., 5 Jun. 2016
I've been reading this series since the start and always really enjoyed it but I felt that it had started to tread water of late and wasn't really going anywhere.

The introduction of the whisperers definitely started to pick things up again and the shock end to volume 24 was excellent and finally shook the series out of its malaise.

This volume continues that as the repercussions of those events are felt and Rick and company have to decide how they are going to respond to this and Rick consults an old "friend" on where to go next.

With this and volume 24 I'd say the series is back on form.

Samsung Micro USB 3.0 Data Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - White
Samsung Micro USB 3.0 Data Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - White
Offered by Cregan ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced and very handy charging cable, 5 Jun. 2016
I got this as an extra charger for my Galaxy note 3 to go in my car.

I'm pleased with it it works perfectly and allows me to charge my note whilst listening to audio books on my in car radio. Very good price for a handy accessory.

Draper 24776 Cleaning Caddy/ Tote Tray
Draper 24776 Cleaning Caddy/ Tote Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and solidly made, 5 Jun. 2016
We got this as a caddy for all our cleaning gibbons. This is exactly what we needed. Cheap yet robust and a good size allowing us to carry all our man bits.

Asus VS248HR 24 inch 1 ms Gaming Monitor, 1920 x 1080, HDMI, DVI, VGA, 250 cd/m2

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed to improve my experience,, 5 Jun. 2016
I got this one in order to be able to dual screen my PC but also because I've stuck with an old 900P monitor for ages.

I'm very pleased with it, I've connected it via HDMI and it's exactly what I wanted. Native 1080P, nice range of colours, decent contrast and good referesh rate.

Finally I can see my games more how they are meant to be seen these days and the extra screen real estate makes a real difference in games like Total War.

Overall ideal as a new primary monitor and allowing me to now dual screen at a very good price.

O'Tom Tick Twister Silicone Grip
O'Tom Tick Twister Silicone Grip

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes ticks with ease., 30 May 2016
This review is from: O'Tom Tick Twister Silicone Grip
we got this wen our male cat started coming home with ticks (he goes further out into long grass at this time of year).

this worked perfectly, the ticks come off so cleanly and nothing is left behind. it's a good product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20