Profile for V-Man > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kookaburra 2013 Team Holdall Hockey Bag - Black/Orange/Green, 70 x 30 x 30cm
Kookaburra 2013 Team Holdall Hockey Bag - Black/Orange/Green, 70 x 30 x 30cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice solid squad kit bag, 14 July 2014
Nice solid squad kit bag. A simple little internal storage pocket would make it perfect but alas no. Apart from that its fine.

Earise Mini Computer Speakers AL-103, Powered by USB,for Laptops, Mac, Notebooks, Ultrabooks and More, by GrandView

2.0 out of 5 stars Now for the bad bit. Reading the other reviews you might be ..., 14 July 2014
These are quite small and compact and being powered by usb is a big bonus in my case it frees up a desperately needed power socket.

Now for the bad bit. Reading the other reviews you might be seduced into thinking these are some kind of miracle hi fidelity speakers. They are definitely not! If these are for your laptop then you will probably find them comparable to better quality inbuilt laptop speakers. If you are buying these for your PC and you and read the other reviews you will almost certainly be a little disappointed (unless you generally listen to music from a night club toilet). They are really not a great sound at all. They are not awful but I was disappointed as I purchased on the basis of the other reviews so felt I better offer a bit more of a balanced review. So in summary sound quality is OK, passable sound at best. I'm not a hi-fi nut and did have realistic expectations but they didn't meet them unfortunately.

Pandigital PANSCN10 Handheld Wand Scanner with Motorised Feeder Dock and 1.8" Colour LCD

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 15 Jan. 2014
Absolutely awful. It's not cheap but hasn't worked since the day I had it. Initially the base unit wasn't working which was annoying as I really wanted the automatic sheet feed. I tried getting in touch with their tech support but emails weren't responded to, answer phone messages weren't returned so it went back in the box. The scanner itself was at least working. I have recently tried using the device again and now the scanner part has packed up. It just powers down after about 3 seconds (it's not batteries!). I tried to get in touch with the manufacturer (well pandigital just badge up Chinese imports so not really a manufacturer) only to find they have gone bankrupt, so all warranties are void. An annoying waste of money for me but at least their demise will mean others won't be subject to this shoddy product. Unfortunately I didn't buy from Amazon so could not take advantage of their excellent returns policy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 10:11 PM GMT

104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

2.0 out of 5 stars Shania's opinion, 31 July 2013
I gave this book a 2 star because nearly all of them I couldn't do but I would probably recommend this book to my friend michelle

Barry Loser: My Dad is a Loser
Barry Loser: My Dad is a Loser

3.0 out of 5 stars Wierd, 6 Mar. 2013
This book was quite weird but also quite funny at the same Time. Cool though I have to say, Shini, age 9

Tongue Twisters for Kids
Tongue Twisters for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the tongue twisters, 6 Mar. 2013
The tongue twisters in this book definitely made my dad laugh because they took me 5 attempts to even say them. This book is great. Shini, age 9

Asking for Trouble (London Confidential Book 1)
Asking for Trouble (London Confidential Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 6 Mar. 2013
I loved it and I especially liked it when it came to Christmas. I think that the book is PERFECT! Shini, age 9

Browning Nanocarb Titanium Hockey Stick 36.5" RRP £260
Browning Nanocarb Titanium Hockey Stick 36.5" RRP £260
Offered by Racketworld

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 10 Jan. 2013
I bought this for myself after being very impressed with my daughters Browning Nanocarb Aerolite. I would say it doesn't quite have the balance as my daughters 34" Browning stick but nevertheless it's still a very decent stick. I'm not sure how it would stack up against £200 sticks but certainly in this price range it's hard to beat. I paid about the same for a Kookaburra and its better than that for sure. My only complaint is it hasn't made me a better player - I guess I still need to keep turning up for training.

Girl On Fire
Girl On Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Girl On Fire (MP3 Download)
A good album, definitely worth getting. I found it easier to get into than Element Of Freedom, more instant gratification.
On the down side, Girl on Fire is a decent track but it's a shame they decided to go with the worst version New Day generally gets skipped over and limitedless sounds like a strange reggae/Madonna hybrid. Doesn't work for me. That said the positives by far out way the negatives. Tears always win, Not Even the King and That's When I Knew are strong offerings but the standout track for me is the wonderful One Thing. Love it.

Lifestyles - Soul Sessions
Lifestyles - Soul Sessions
Offered by UclickWeDeliver

2.0 out of 5 stars As a compilation, it just doesn't work, 9 Nov. 2012
Bizarre collection, nearly half of the tracks aren't even soul! That's not me being a purist, they just aren't soul (there's quite a lot of funk for example). There are some real soul classics but the selection are quite predictable. There are other tracks that do fit the soul genre but are obscure album tracks that just don't work. The early mastercuts compilations really set the standard, this not anywhere near that standard. As a compilation, it just doesn't work.

2 stars as there are some decent tracks buried in here (but, if you are a soul fan, you probably already have them)

Page: 1 | 2