Profile for C. Long > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow - Pasiphae 1.5g/0.05oz
NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow - Pasiphae 1.5g/0.05oz

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 1 Jan. 2016
This colour is amazing. I love NARS eyeshadows as they don't crumble and it stays on all day. This is everything I could wish for in an eyeshadow.

Lifting the Lid: A Practical Guide to Working with People Abused in Childhood
Lifting the Lid: A Practical Guide to Working with People Abused in Childhood
by Lois Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 31 Dec. 2015
This book was loaned to me by another professional and because it offered some very clear insights into the effects of sexual abuse, I bought my own copy. This book is useful for both professionals working with survivors of abuse and survivors themselves. I have found it one of those books that I can dip in and out of, and one where I can always find what I need to read with ease.

Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You
Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read..., 3 July 2015
This book is an exceptional read as John Ortberg speaks from his heart with honesty snd humour about his struggles to 'guard his soul'. I find his writing style good as its not theologically heavy and what he writesis enlightening and achievable by anyone who recognises their need to 'keep' their soul.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O TS Solución Micellar 500ml
Bioderma Sensibio H2O TS Solución Micellar 500ml
Offered by Sanoesalvo

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every oenny, 8 Nov. 2014
This is the best makeup remover I have ever used and a large bottle lasts for months.

Fly London Yist, Women's Wedge Heel Sandals, Red, 5 UK
Fly London Yist, Women's Wedge Heel Sandals, Red, 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed!, 4 July 2014
These sandals are comfortable and smart. I love them. The only small snag is that the inner sole edging rubbed my heel (something I've experienced with Fly sandals before) but still they are great to wear.

No Hands To Hold and No Legs To Dance On - A Thalidomide Survivor's Story
No Hands To Hold and No Legs To Dance On - A Thalidomide Survivor's Story

3.0 out of 5 stars Plucky woman, 25 Feb. 2014
Louise gives an honest account of her experiences and feelings growing up in the 60's as a child affected by the Thalidomide drug. She shows incredible resilience and determination which should be inspiring to others reading her story. Louise was placed in a children's home shortly after her birth and, as time moves on, she longs to be part of her own family however this proves to be fraught with problems and disappointments. Whilst recognising Louise's pain, the pain that her parents carried was evident, however Louise carries the 'burden' of their decision throughout her life, and this permeates in her expression and underlies her feistiness but also her vulnerability. This is an interesting book however, towards the end, the momentum of the book seemed to wain and I was pleased to have finished it.

Epson T7021 High Capacity Ink Cartridge for Epson Workforce Pro 4000 Series Printers - Black (Yield

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 10 Nov. 2013
Excellent quality cartridge. A previous cheaper version leaked whereas this was worth every penny. The print quality is very good even when using cheaper paper.

Fly London Yeddo, Women's Wedge Boots, Black Patent, 5 UK
Fly London Yeddo, Women's Wedge Boots, Black Patent, 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 16 Oct. 2013
This is my second pair of Fly Yeddo boots. My others are into their fourth winter and still looking good! Extremely comfortable, stylish and versatile. They look great with trousers, jeans or skirts.

Killer "The police said I was a contract killer, but they were wrong ... I'm just a man you shouldn't take liberties with."

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 11 Jun. 2013
This book gives an interesting insight into the life of Charlie Seiga. He reflect honestly upon events that have happened and shows a hardened side where it is, in his mind, OK to commit burglary and robbery but not OK to harm vulnerable people. A sort of 'criminal code of conduct' which must not be broken. I found this book easy to read but have only given it three stars as found that towards the end of the book I was keen to finish it so that I could move onto something else!

Slave Girl - I Was an Ordinary British Girl. I Was Kidnapped and Sold into Sex Slavery. This is My Horrific True Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Galling, 13 May 2013
This is the horrific account of Sarah, a young woman from Gateshead, who grew up being sexually abused by her father and then, when she was placed into 'care' she was subjected to further abuse by the staff. After training as a Nursery Nurse, after a failed relationship, Sarah wanted a new start. She answered an advert for a job as a Nanny in Holland but this was no legitimate job, she was duped into the sex trade and forced to have sex with men 24/7 until her amazing escape. Her experiences are harrowing however, Sarah is a survivor!!

Page: 1 | 2