Profile for K Elliott > Reviews

Chasing Lights
Offered by TwoRedSevens
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Chasing Lights (Audio CD)
This is a great pop album. The songs are all good to sing along to and it has a real feel good factor about it.

Headlines [Expanded Version]
Headlines [Expanded Version]
Offered by Side Two
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 30 Dec 2013
I love this album and if you're a fan of their other songs then I would recommend this to you.

On Your Radar
On Your Radar
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great songs, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: On Your Radar (Audio CD)
This album has more of a "dance" feel than the previous ones. It's not my favourite one of theirs but I still love it.

Living For The Weekend
Living For The Weekend
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Living For The Weekend (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed this cd. It has some great new tracks on and I listen to it again and again.

Grafix Mega Magic Hat 150 Tricks
Grafix Mega Magic Hat 150 Tricks
Offered by Milomax
Price: 15.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful instructions, 30 Dec 2013
This would be quite a good set if it weren't for the appalling instruction booklet. There are loads of tricks but it doesn't explain how to do them properly and there are no pictures to help. I brought this to be used as part of a Murder Mystery dinner which had a magic theme - none of the adults could make much sense of it so I think a child would find it impossible. It is a shame because the equipment supplied is good and there are many pieces... but that's not much good when you don't know what to do with them.

Samsung Leather Effect Flip Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch - Blue
Samsung Leather Effect Flip Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch - Blue
Offered by Handyparadise UK (Tax included)
Price: 9.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but good, 17 Oct 2013
Overall I am really pleased with this case. At first I didn't believe it would stand in the upright position but it does, so long as it is on a good surface. The drawbacks for me are I worry about the top flapping about and things sliding inbetween the cover when it is in my bag as the top just flaps down and there is nothing to secure it. I also worried that it would need a little more padding to protect it from being knocked - although mine has been battered about in my bag for a few weeks now and has had no damage. Also, you need to hold the top up if you are taking photos outwards as otherwise it covers the camera.

Konad Stamping Nail Art Stamping Set
Konad Stamping Nail Art Stamping Set
Price: 9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results!, 17 Oct 2013
I had a cheaper version of this nail stamping set which was dreadful and didn't work but the Konad product is definately superior quality and worth paying the extra money for. The cheaper plates are not etched as deeply and the designs can sometimes come out patchy (or not at all). It is advisable to use the Konad polish for stamping as normal nail polish doesn't show up as well. It can sometimes be a bit messy to use so keep a bottle of nail varnish remover and some cotton buds handy to wipe off the excess polish from the stamper before you apply it to the nail. Also, be careful when applying a top coat as it can smear the design.

Plug In Spider Repeller Deterrent - whole house
Plug In Spider Repeller Deterrent - whole house

3.0 out of 5 stars It maybe works, 17 Oct 2013
I brought 2 of these to make sure, one that is in a hallway upstairs and another one for by the back door. At first I thought they were working as I didn't find any spiders for a couple of weeks (although this may have been down to luck). Since then I have found a couple of large spiders in the porch but I wasn't sure if it was because the units didn't work or whether the effects don't reach the porch as there's no electricity running through there? But I have also found 2 large spiders inside the house downstairs by the front door so again I'm not sure if my defence is not as effective there or if they are just rubbish? I still like to think that they are doing something though but to be honest its hard to tell how many spiders I might have had without them. I use them in combination with Spider Repellent Spray and piles of conkers in each room, which despite not ridding me of them completely, is at least keeping the numbers down (I hope).

The Sims 3 (Nintendo 3DS)
The Sims 3 (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by APE-GAMES
Price: 21.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly limited and gets a bit boring, 18 Dec 2012
I was a little disappointed with this game as I have only ever played Sims on PC before and was expecting this game to match that experience - which it does not. The main drawback for me is that you cannot start a family and people do not age. The places that your Sims can travel to are a bit dull. It seems a bit buggy too as my Sims learned new recipes quite early on but after a few days they seem to have forgotten them all and are now only capable of making salad, regardless of what is in the fridge.

Phantom Hourglass (Prima Official Game Guides)
Phantom Hourglass (Prima Official Game Guides)
by Stephen Stratton

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential to get the most out of this game., 18 Dec 2012
As anyone familiar with the Zelda series will know, these games have many different quests and items that are not essential to completing the game. Therefore you may miss a few things which is why this guide is so handy for those wanting to get the most out of the game. It will give you maps, details of treasures and items and where to find them, tips on how to defeat enemies and a detailed walkthrough of how to complete each stage of the game without missing anything. You can follow it as closely at every step, or just dip in to bits when you need them. I'd recommend this to anyone playing this game, particularly those who may not have experienced a Zelda game before.

Page: 1 | 2