Profile for Kath O > Reviews

Prem-I-Air 18" (45CM) Air Circulator
Prem-I-Air 18" (45CM) Air Circulator
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy but nice!, 24 July 2014
A very powerful and effective fan but it is really really noisy so maybe not a good buy if you want a fan that will keep you cool for the night. Also really bulky but other than that good quality and does what it says on the tin.

Honeywell HT-109E 9" Oscillating Table Fan - Black
Honeywell HT-109E 9" Oscillating Table Fan - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for the size but no tilt function, 24 July 2014
A really good little fan, powerful for the size, quiet and well constructed despite previous reviews. I would like to see a tilt function though for the price. Other than that can't fault it.

Philips Avance Collection HR1871/00 800 Watt Juicer in Brushed Stainless Steel
Philips Avance Collection HR1871/00 800 Watt Juicer in Brushed Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Another burnt out motor, 29 Dec 2013
We bought this juicer in July 2013 after watching the programme "fat, sick and nearly dead", we picked it because it looked easy to use for first time juicers and it had a wide chute which meant less prep time and also had some good reviews. We have used the juicer nearly every day and have really enjoyed the juices that we have made, the juicer is easy to use and comes with a good recipe book, although it does not have a cleaning brush like other juicers which is a slight niggle. My biggest bug bear is that, after the indulgence of Christmas, I have got the juicer out after a few days off and a minute after turning it on the motor has burnt out, filling the kitchen with a nasty burning smell. I notice that a lot of other reviewers have suffered from the same problem which is clearly a design fault and should have been rectified before selling more of this product at a fairly high price to honest consumers. I won't be looking to Philips to replace the product but we will try and get our money back and spend it on a Sage Heston juicer which looks infinitely superior!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 11:19 PM BST